Fingon

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it works out well

Nice article on how it may be hard for the Ravens to replace Graham

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2014-03-10/sports/bal-ravens-corey-graham-free-agency-20140310_1_corey-graham-pro-football-focus-lardarius-webb

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

I don't like it.

Why? Worst case scenario is that it doesn't work out and Duke Williams or Meeks beat him out for the starting position. Then you can just move him back to corner.

Edited by Fingon

I like how this is shaping up. We sign Spikes to stuff the run but Kiko can still swing into MLB on third if they show run. We sign Graham as a CB, but will take a look at him as safety (since A. Williams can also play CB in a pinch). Now all we need is Mike Evans at #9, add 20 pounds of muscle and have him line up at TE or split out at WR. Versatility is the key to the NFL these days. I know, I know...quickness and big TE's is all the rage...well we have quickness and we can get a big TE (or morph Evans into a WR/TE) but I think the new buzzword will be "versatility" (players playing different roles effectively) and Marrone and company may very well be ahead of the curve on this.

Why? Worst case scenario is that it doesn't work out and Duke Williams or Meeks beat him out for the starting position. Then you can just move him back to corner.

I was hoping the coaching staff knew anything about our 4th and 5th rounders.

I was hoping the coaching staff knew anything about our 4th and 5th rounders.

I'm not sure why exploring a move for Graham would indicate that they don't...

But I thought everyone here had total confidence in Duke Williams....

What, exactly, is wrong with having more than one (or two) options at the position?

I think that is what folks here are happy about--that the team has plans in place to avoid another injury debacle in the secondary.

I'm not sure why exploring a move for Graham would indicate that they don't...

What, exactly, is wrong with having more than one (or two) options at the position?

I think that is what folks here are happy about--that the team has plans in place to avoid another injury debacle in the secondary.

Doesn't he have a pretty high contract? It sounds like starting job competition.

Totally cool with this. We've got a lot of talented, young players in the secondary now. Let em' compete and have Training Camp sort out the depth chart.

In the meantime we can focus on getting some LB depth and offensive help in the draft and the rest of free agency.

Doesn't he have a pretty high contract? It sounds like starting job competition.

Not really...it's somewhat back loaded according to Spotrac:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/corey-graham/

I think the reason the contract is worth that money is because, regardless of where he plays, he's going to play a lot. As you know, it's a passing league, and guys that can cover will end up on the field one way or another.

My sarcasm didn't come across clearly. I think this is good. Personally I think depending on searcy or Duke Williams would be a big mistake.