At least 2 NFL teams have Mike Evans #1 WR on their board

Pitta

Probably because those two teams haven't got a shot at drafting Watkins :lol:

I'm thinking Rams @ #13, and Jets @ #18, as most draft sites have him ranked right around those numbers. I've seen him ranked as high as #7 and as low as #20. But no where near the #2 overall I've seen Watkins slotted in.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see who the Bills think is worthy of that #9, Evans, Ebron or an OT / FS / LBer

Highly doubt that Dane Brugler has any inside information on what the draft board of any NFL team looks like. No way an NFL GM takes a chance on tipping off another team with respect to what players they like most. Especially by feeding that info to a member of the media. There would be no benefit to doing that and it could cost you a player you covet if another team trades ahead of you to grab the guy you wanted based on their knowledge of your draft board. This sounds like something that came from Evans agent and I doubt he knows anything more than anybody else does.

I'm thinking Rams @ #13, and Jets @ #18, as most draft sites have him ranked right around those numbers. I've seen him ranked as high as #7 and as low as #20. But no where near the #2 overall I've seen Watkins slotted in.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see who the Bills think is worthy of that #9, Evans, Ebron or an OT / FS / LBer

teams don value their draft boards like that. If a team has Watkins listed as their #1 then he would be their #1. Doesn't mean they expect to get that player, but they would still lost him as their #1. Because in the NFL, yiu never know what's going to happen on draft day. Maybe Watkins falls to them, maybe he falls a few excites spots that he should have and your team now has a legitimate shot at trading up to snag him.

I remember years ago there was a glimpse of the Bills board on TV and one of the names in the board was surely a player we didn't have a chance at drafting. It happens.

And I'm sure multiple teams have Evans listed higher than Watkins. The guy is only 6'1" and that's not exactly towering for a NFL WR. That's Stevie Johnson size. Evans on the other hand is 6'5" and this is your prototypical Megatron mold of a NFL WR.

If we draft a FS or LB at 9 I will get a vasectomy.

that's a bit extreme, what if K. Mack is there at #9. And some have Calvin Pryor as a top 10 talent in this draft. (he may be a SS, but still). Just throw your remote at the TV, or ground like i do if I don't like a pick.

I keep reading and hearing how deep this draft is especially at WR so I would rather address a different position at 9 then get a WR in the second or third round.

I also have concerns with any WR that is 6'5" as history is not on their side

I'm sure there would be a ton of posters here willing to help save you a few bucks and do it for you. Who needs Obamacare around here!

I have a hard time believing that 32 teams don't have Evens on their board, so this means nothing.

I keep reading and hearing how deep this draft is especially at WR so I would rather address a different position at 9 then get a WR in the second or third round.

I also have concerns with any WR that is 6'5" as history is not on their side

Well...Technically Evans is 6-4 3/4...

And most guys his size don't have his athletic ability...Otherwise he would not be considered a Top 15 talent...

When players do turn that size and athletic ability into on-the-field production they become special in the NFL...

He's 1/4" taller than Brandon Marshall...About an inch taller than AJ Green... 1/4" shorter than Megatron...Same exact height as the player he's most compared to Vincent Jackson... 1/8" taller than Marques Colston...

The truth is, like Whaley said, prospects like Evans are rare...Bigger, assuming the talent is equivalent, is always better...And if you get a good one you have a very unique NFL weapon...A match-up nightmare... B-)

And most guys his size don't have his athletic ability...Otherwise he would not be considered a Top 15 talent...

When players do turn that size and athletic ability into on-the-field production they become special in the NFL...

He's 1/4" taller than Brandon Marshall...About an inch taller than AJ Green... 1/4" shorter than Megatron...Same exact height as the player he's most compared to Vincent Jackson... 1/8" taller than Marques Colston...

The truth is, like Whaley said, prospects like Evans are rare...Bigger, assuming the talent is equivalent, is always better...And if you get a good one you have a very unique NFL weapon...A match-up nightmare... B-)

It's not surprising that Evans could be ranked higher. If a GM is convinced he could be Megatron part II, not saying he is, then they would have him #1 overall. You could offer the entire Bills 2014 roster for Calvin Johnson in a trade and Detroit might turn it down. Players like that are invaluable.

Sammy Watkins is the safer pick he looks so polished and a hard nosed football player when he wants to turn it on. He plays like a bigger Steve Smith when he is on.

If Evans can be Megatron part II or a couple GMs believe that then he is a higher ceiling but higher risk.

Someone said this earlier, in a different thread. An Evans pick is a chance at a Greatness a Watkins pick is a chance at very goodness. I'd be happy if the Bills had either one on the roster especially If one developed into Megatron Part II.

If both went top 8 that would suck.

Good post. I like the matching of his athleticism to his size. I've been saying take him for awhile. We're most likely not going to lose with any pick at 9 as there are so many special players coming out this year. Evans could be gone by 9 but I bet he'll be there. They factor is how many desperate teams will take Borles, Manziel, or Bridgewater in the top 8. I'm not sold on any of these quarterbacks.