NFL Annual Meeting 3/23-3/26

Aside from Compensatory Picks being awarded and the 2014 regular season schedule being worked on. There are a lot of rule changes being decided at this year's annual meeting.

http://www.nflevolution.com/article/player-safety-changes-might-be-subtle-at-next-week%27s-nfl-meeting?ref=0ap2000000336073

What do you think?

The NFL is not considering moving the ball back from the 2-yard line for 2-point tries, so coaches will be under intense scrutiny as they proceed after each touchdown.

And with the 2-point try succeeding at a 50 percent clip in the past three years, it might make more strategic sense to go for two a majority of the time – particularly if you have big targets to throw to or you’re saddled with a mediocre middle-distance kicker.

http://tbo.com/sports/bucs/kaufman-nfl-to-consider-extra-points-from-25-yard-line-20140323/

So a team has to inform the refs if they are going for 1 or 2 ? So if the snap is mishandled you're screwed. No chance to convert? I don't care for this change. No fake attempts either.

Edited by nucci

Just means you need to run it in from the 25. Considering how everyone is bunched at the line, probably not that much tougher than from the two as once you're past the initial group of players, likely would have a clear field ahead.

So a team has to inform the refs if they are going for 1 or 2 ? So if the snap is mishandled you're screwed. No chance to convert? I don't care for this change. No fake attempts either.

Just means you need to run it in from the 25. Considering how everyone is bunched at the line, probably not that much tougher than from the two as once you're past the initial group of players, likely would have a clear field ahead.

Not much tougher from the 25 than the 2? Sarcasm, right?

Rules changes

http://www.cbssports...cials-on-replay

NFL passes rule allowing refs to consult with officials on replay -

will have discussions with the NFL officiating department in New York to consult on whatever play is in question

(sound of whistle) Flag on the play Delay of Game!

Hello NY, can you hear me now? No, how about now?

** update

Dunking the football over the goal post is now illegal

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Game day roster from 46 to 49 and practice squad from 8 to 10, common sense changes long overdue.

(sorry quoted wrong person) But....just devils advocate but doesn't that give a training camp player less time to latch onto a new team by delaying the cut down period?

interesting - 4. Extend the uprights to make them five feet taller. PASSED - that may change the outcome of 3 to 5 games this season

very interesting - 11. Don’t stop the clock on a sack. PASSED

I like this one - 10. ... making the recovery of a loose ball in the field of play reviewable.

update - preseason only --- For the first two preseason games, teams will line up to snap extra points from the 20-yard line, making them about 38 yards instead of 20

WHY is Bellyache (and or Kraft) pushing this issue?

how I'd love to see NE on a "game tying" drive and miss the PAT and lose the game!!!