NFL Annual Meeting 3/23-3/26

interesting - 4. Extend the uprights to make them five feet taller. PASSED - that may change the outcome of 3 to 5 games this season

very interesting - 11. Don’t stop the clock on a sack. PASSED

I like this one - 10. ... making the recovery of a loose ball in the field of play reviewable.

#10 is known as the "Navorro Bowman rule" if you remember his play in the NFC Championship game Edited by YoloinOhio

I've heard the name usage IIRC it's more than just that play. I swear the Bills have lost balls on a turnover due to bad judgement calls.

I agree - it seems like that play made them finally realize they need to change the rule. Amazing, seems obvious to me.

The extension of the goal posts is the height of the sides correct, not the crossbar height from the ground?

Correct. But if they are worried about players slam dunking the ball on the goalpost they could just raise the whole thing 5 feet and call it a day. As for the PAT/2 pt conversion, I think putting the ball at the 10 would work for both situations. I know a 27 yard FG is basically a chip shot but having both plays in separate locations would just be odd. How can you fake a FG if you are kicking from the 25 yard line when the play should have happened from the 3?

Edited by The Wiz