Today I cried.....

I now fully realize what Jim Kelly means to me. He's not just a Former player from my favorite team or a HOF QB but instead he is a man that represents an awful lot of who I am and what I believe in. I just came across this article this morning and it seems that it might be a little outdated but it still doesn't lessen the impact that it has on me. It's great to see his HOF friends rally around him. I guess they really are HOFers. Please, pray for him.

http://www.wgrz.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2014/03/21/kelly-family-opens-up/6719277/

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all rooted for Jim Kelly as a player and we now root for him as a man. There was something about his spirit that was infectious and he was the unquestioned leader of those Super Bowl teams. He inspired us and brought us so many hours of joy. Sure he was a flawed human being, but aren't we all? Now it's time for us to try and lift him up. Please pray for him and his family as he continues to battle this terrible disease. God Bless you Jimbo.

It's starting to hit me too. That article isn't outdated it's from today. But yeah it appears he's in for a hell of a fight this time around.

Oh, I'm doing all this from an IPhone and it's hard to see the small print. When they introduced Andre Reed as a future HOFer I just assumed that this article was from before the HOF approval and induction.

For a guy who originally didnt want to head north to play for the Bills, Jim Kelly IS Buffalo...some of my best memories are of watching him in the late 80s and 90s and I look forward to seeing him every training camp up in Pittsford...Breaks my heart to see his family going through another health crisis...Jim Kelly is in my thoughts and prayers as he beats cancer for the 2nd time

For a guy who originally didnt want to head north to play for the Bills, Jim Kelly IS Buffalo...some of my best memories are of watching him in the late 80s and 90s and I look forward to seeing him every training camp up in Pittsford...Breaks my heart to see his family going through another health crisis...Jim Kelly is in my thoughts and prayers as he beats cancer for the 2nd time

If you asked me the number one thing I love about Jim Kelly, the first thing I'd say is that despite the fact that he is not from WNY (and maybe even more so because initially he was too cool for WNY), he loves the area so much and is Buffalo-for-life. I'm from there and I couldn't even commit to Buffalo-for-life. He really is the consummate Buffalonian.

why him??? first the hunter situation, now this.. really has been numbing ... the run that team went on, his leadership, never again we will see that.. right now all i care about is jim beating this like he beat the bills opponents.. my prayers to him and his family..

Edited by dwight in philly

Sad, so sad...

Did Jim dip? If he did, this has to be a wake up call to all who chew! There are so many vices, we all have them, not passing judgement... Just an awful way to suffer!

God Bless you Jim!

I think he did dip, but i'm not sure.

For those who dip, that stuff is worse than cigs.

Man! So heart breaking, in every way. I will pray for Jim and his family until he's rid of this horrible horrible cancer, and then some more, that he would not have to continue to endure such hardships as he has in his lifetime. Jim is the epitome of what a real man is, he keeps taking a licking and keeps on ticking with a smile. Just about as corageous a guy as I've ever heard of!

Get well Jim! We're all praying and pulling for you!

oh God, Im so sad to hear what he is going to have to face.

Cancer just sucks, I lost my father to it, once it start to spread things happen fast.

Pray, pray and pray some more for Jim.

Same experience with my Dad; post-surgery he kept complaining how much pain he was in; it had spread beyond the original diagnosis and he was gone a month later. The news on Jimbo sounds very ominous.

I now fully realize what Jim Kelly means to me. He's not just a Former player from my favorite team or a HOF QB but instead he is a man that represents an awful lot of who I am and what I believe in. I just came across this article this morning and it seems that it might be a little outdated but it still doesn't lessen the impact that it has on me. It's great to see his HOF friends rally around him. I guess they really are HOFers. Please, pray for him.

http://www.wgrz.com/...ens-up/6719277/

I have been there for awhile Tipster.

Same experience with my Dad; post-surgery he kept complaining how much pain he was in; it had spread beyond the original diagnosis and he was gone a month later. The news on Jimbo sounds very ominous.

KD, with the way Jill etal are acting and the pain Jim is in... Ihave seen Cancer way too many times. I am really fearful he isnt' going to be here much longer.

Sad, so sad...

Did Jim dip? If he did, this has to be a wake up call to all who chew! There are so many vices, we all have them, not passing judgement... Just an awful way to suffer!

God Bless you Jim!

He did not dip or smoke which really makes this so more infuriating.

oh God, Im so sad to hear what he is going to have to face.

Cancer just sucks, I lost my father to it, once it start to spread things happen fast.

Pray, pray and pray some more for Jim.

They should have a picture of Jim Kelly in the Webster dictionary under the word Dad

My Dad also went fast :(