Cam Newton out 4 months

that team is going to crash hard back to earth after last season when they were not as good as their record indicated

It all depends on their defense. If they can hold opponents to 15 PPG again, they have a shot to win a lot of games, again.

Like everything in the NFL (including the Bills) the last decade, I'd say it all depends on the QB, in this case Cam. He made some serious strides last year, can he keep moving forward in his development? We'll have to find out.

that team is going to crash hard back to earth after last season when they were not as good as their record indicated

Why were they not as good? Their Defense was outstanding even after a rash of injuries in the secondary...Cam held his own and they were very tough at Home...They beat San Fran on the road and only lost 12-7 to the SB Champs...Not sure how they were not as good as their record... B-)

Why were they not as good? Their Defense was outstanding even after a rash of injuries in the secondary...Cam held his own and they were very tough at Home...They beat San Fran on the road and only lost 12-7 to the SB Champs...Not sure how they were not as good as their record... B-)

Yeah I am not understanding the argument against the Panthers success last year either.

Now it's true they have lost a few players, and they desperately need to find someone for Newton to throw the ball too.

So while they do have some issues, the Panthers are still a strong team.

Yeah I am not understanding the argument against the Panthers success last year either.

Now it's true they have lost a few players, and they desperately need to find someone for Newton to throw the ball too.

and they desperately need to find someone for Newton to throw the ball to.

Edited by Pitta

I assume the Panthers tried other non-surgery options as long as possible, and when they didn't work decided to do the surgery now so Newton will be back for training camp. Not very mysterious, actually very practical.

The Panthers are a good team but like all good teams lost players in the off season. The key will be whether they can repair the damage and position themselves for the future. I think WR is their biggest weakness and I figure they'll be drafting a couple of WRs or trading draft picks for some good WR.

I think he said F it since they got rid of all his WR's. I also think their GM is a freaking moron and wants to get rid of Newton and is setting him up for failure. Don't be shocked when Newton has 'setbacks' in his recovery keeping him out half the season.

Panthers backup is Derek Anderson. He of the 6-3 Browns victory at RWS where he passed for like 20 yds. Panthers should sign Mike Vick as Cam insurance as the offense should fit his skill set and while they're at it, trade for DeSean Jackson who the Eagles are shopping. They should have the cap space and really, really need a guy like that in the empty WR core then build around him with draft picks.