Sammy Watkins, worth trading up for? What cost?

MClem06

I'm one of the bigger Watkins fans, knowing him personally and watching his high school games and some college games, and would love nothing more than the Bills getting him, but we need the draft picks we would give up trading up to get a TE (Ebron) and a tackle. I feel we could get a viable receiver in the mid rounds, especially if we decide to trade back.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Boldin - 1377 yds, 8 tds

Terry Glenn 1132 yds, 6 tds

Michael Clayton - 1193 yds, 7 tds

Marques Colston - 1038 yds , 8 tds

Joey Galloway - 1039 yds, 7 tds

Dwayne Bowe - 995 yds, 5 tds

Mike Williams - 964 yds, 11 tds

I would take any of those from a WR we drafted during their rookie season

We still need a very good OT to pair with Cordy. I still think this should be our first priority. It's very possible we could trade down a few spaces and find an OT plus pickup another 2nd round pick.

Absolutely. Get the OL solidified and it helps EJ, the running game, the existing young receivers, etc.

A Boldin - 1377 yds, 8 tds

Terry Glenn 1132 yds, 6 tds

Michael Clayton - 1193 yds, 7 tds

Marques Colston - 1038 yds , 8 tds

Joey Galloway - 1039 yds, 7 tds

Dwayne Bowe - 995 yds, 5 tds

Mike Williams - 964 yds, 11 tds

I would take any of those from a WR we drafted during their rookie season

Exactly the point. You had to go back almost 20 years to find 7 examples. You don't trade up for those odds.

No.

No such thing as an NFL ready WR outside of Randy Moss, and you don't trade away picks in a draft this deep.

Kennan Allen? AJ Green? Julio Jones? Cordarelle Patterson? I think that you meant there USED to not be NFL ready receivers but the spread offenses in college have players more prepared. Watkins is an immediate impact player. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I just don't see Sammy getting to 7, and I further cannot see TB passing on a chance to take him.

I mean, I'd do it; just don't think it's realistic.

Who takes Watkins?

Texans? No

Rams? Maybe

Jags? No

Browns? No

Raiders? Not anymore, need OL and QB

Falcons? No

Bucs? Maybe

Vikings? No

Who takes Watkins?

Texans? No

Rams? Maybe

Jags? No

Browns? No

Falcons? No

Bucs? Maybe

Vikings? No

I could see Watkins going to the Browns or Raiders or even the Rams if they trade down a few spots. Those would be the only. 3 currently in the top ten I could see taking him though

If he gets past the Raiders I think he could be there at 9 unless someone trades up to get him

Edited by Max997

I know no one wants to give up picks but I really feel like if Sammy Watkins is that good then trading up would be great. I don't see the Bills as having all that many holes anymore and they don't need a ton of picks to shore up their roster like last year. If they could trade up for a first and a third to grab Sammy I would definitely do it. Grab a tackle in the 2nd or trade down in the 2nd to get that pick back and then get a tackle and a tight end or something.

By the points system, #9 in the first round is 1350 points, #7 is 1500 points, so you would need 150 points to move up. The Bills pick in the third round (#9) is worth 225 points. 1350 + 225= 1575, that would probably be the cost. A third rounder to move up, if the team in #7 wanted to do it

I'm pretty much fundamentally against giving up Draft picks unless there is a QB on the other end...Just not my philosophy...The way the Draft plays out every year I think there is always examples of how you could better build a team by trading down and getting more picks rather than trading up and giving picks away...That's just my opinion...And as good as Watkins is I think this Draft is loaded, especially in the top 20 or so, with very good prospects... B-)

Who takes Watkins?

Texans? No

Rams? Maybe

Jags? No

Browns? No

Falcons? No

Bucs? Maybe

Vikings? No

Texans - unlikely

Rams - need a #1 WR

Jags - need a #1 WR with Blackmon 1 strike away from a lengthy suspension

Browns - need a threat opposite Gordon

Raiders - need a #1 WR

Falcons - not likely

Buccaneers - I could see it, especially if Lovie Smith is tired of Mike Williams' act as reported

Vikings - a young WR to pair with Patterson, can be groomed behind Jennings

Texans - unlikely

Rams - need a #1 WR

Raiders - need a #1 WR

Falcons - not likely

Buccaneers - I could see it, especially if Lovie Smith is tired of Mike Williams' act as reported

This is far more realistic than all the no's...That is certain... :thumbsup:

Texans - unlikely

Rams - need a #1 WR

Raiders - need a #1 WR

Falcons - not likely

sad but realistic.

Better chance for Evans. Check out his combine review before you say no.

if the QBs dont start poppin' we may not have him to decide upon either .

Trade up is not in the stars this year. Unless they think the Franchise QB is there.

Watkins is the hot commodity this year .

If you can get watkins for a 2nd or 3rd I think you do it. By far the best wideout to come out in the past 3 years. I hate the idea of trading up, but he is the real deal and we mine as well give EJ all he can to succeed. If he is gone though I would still love Evans and never look back. Think its a huge mistake to take a RT that early but thats just me.