Spikes confirmed visiting OBD. Confirmed Signed

According to a few lists and columns I read the market for Spikes is not very crowded. Is now the time to try and sweep in and get him at a reasonable price? I think he would better at MLB than Rivers and Kiko. Anyone still interested in Spikes or are people satisfied with Rivers?

Sure am interested on run downs :)

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone confirm that he is in fact visiting with the Bills?

I require at least 25 links to the same page on the official site before confirmation. This thread isn't even up to a dozen yet. Let's step it up people.

Honestly, I do. It's the same attitude some people said about Lynch and McGahee. There are enough good players out there that you don't have to settle for scumbags. Spikes is SO overrated. Kinda fat and slow, can't cover anyone. He gets to run free behind Wilfork and make a ton of tackles. He would be badly exposed on a team with bad DTs. He might have been a great LB in the 1970s but not anymore.

A team with bad DT's???? We are obviously moving to a true 4/3 with Kyle and Dareus in the middle with guys like Alan Branch who is more of a 4/3 DT than 3/4 DE.

We would have Kiko on the outside with Rivers/ Lawson and Spikes in middle as the cog in the middle.. We have had a HUGE hole with a LB who was a run stuffer. Moats and Bradham can not handle that duty. Spikes is very instictive and very hard hitter and doesnt whiff on many tackles. Frees up Kiko to play in more space which is his strong suit and got overpowered in the middle alot last yr vs run.

Our front 7 would have great starters and right rotational type guys to play snaps like Jerry Hughes is pass rushing situations and our LB corp would have Kiko, spikes and depending in the situation, either Lawson or Rivers and still have guys like Bradham who now will be in yr 3 and has had alot of time in field in his 1st 2 yrs. We probably wouldnt have to look at LB in the draft if we inked Spikes after signing Rivers. Maybe a mid round 'tweener" type guy who we can play around with either as a pass rusher or LB like a Micheal Sam who is a mid round prospect and sec D player of yr.

ILB B. Spikes needs to be signed yesterday!! The Bills need an experienced ILB and he fits the bill. He would give another another great tackler on 1st and 2nd down and add some nastiness to the defense. Plus, any starters that we can take away from the Pats is a big plus to me.

Spikes is still very young and may be interested in Buffalo because they is a starting spot waiting for him with Pepper Johnson now in Buffalo to work with.

If the Bills sign Spikes I will truly be excited about this upcoming season.

I hated the guy whenever we played against him. Wasnt it Eric Wood who said he was intentionally trying to injure someone on our Oline?...cant remember

Anyways..the guy hits like a ton of bricks and theres a reason why he stood out to me as one of the Pats I hated most. Hes not a great player, but hes very good at stopping the run.

With that said. Welcome aboard!

What do we all think is a fair contract for Spikes?

4 years/$20M?

we'll overpay a bit because of the freedom he gives us in the draft, but he won't be overpaid as a sitiuational defender. We won't offer what Smith got from Ravens because Smith will never see the entire 16M. Spikes is 4 years younger, and we'll have to live with his contract - even as his liability in pass defense increases.. 3 years/9M (4/3/2) with 1M bonus

I hated the guy whenever we played against him. Wasnt it Eric Wood who said he was intentionally trying to injure someone on our Oline?...cant remember

Anyways..the guy hits like a ton of bricks and theres a reason why he stood out to me as one of the Pats I hated most. Hes not a great player, but hes very good at stopping the run.

With that said. Welcome aboard!

I'm of the opinion, if I hate the person who's kicking the snot out of me, I'd love to have him on my side.

sounds like kiko, spikes, rivers -- behind mario, KW, MD, and hughes/lawson with lawson providing some 2 way versatility positionally

with of course the big "if true" disclaimer

That is the best defensive front 7 the Bills have had in a long time!! Especially when you consider that Bradham isn't to shabby a backup OLB and Branch is not to shabby a 3rd DT.. Just my opinion