Nagging at the back of my mind: 5 preseason games

Is anyone else mildly-to-immensely concerned that we will have to play 5 meaningless games this summer before the real action starts?

Last year in the preseason we lost Gilmore for most of the season, EJ tweaked his knee (whether or not that was a problem for the duration of the season is open to interpretation), Spiller was injured by the first week of the season, Freddy is old as it is, Stevie had hammy issues, and our kicker got injured and it basically ended his career.

I know this is a "next man up" league, but it seems every year we have more injuries than average. The fact that we now have to play an extra meaningless game in August has me worried that no matter who the Bills sign this week, we'll be behind the 8 ball before opening weekend.

All the more opportunity to scrimmage against another team. I doubt our starters see more than a series or two. It's all about guys who AREN'T locks to make the squad.

GO BILLS!!!

And an extra week of camp.

Good reps for rookies or to evaluate guys like gragg or duke Williams/Meeks, or time to find a guy like Robey that might not otherwise see many reps as a UDFA

Edited by NoSaint

Is anyone else mildly-to-immensely concerned that we will have to play 5 meaningless games this summer before the real action starts?

Last year in the preseason we lost Gilmore for most of the season, EJ tweaked his knee (whether or not that was a problem for the duration of the season is open to interpretation), Spiller was injured by the first week of the season, Freddy is old as it is, Stevie had hammy issues, and our kicker got injured and it basically ended his career.

I know this is a "next man up" league, but it seems every year we have more injuries than average. The fact that we now have to play an extra meaningless game in August has me worried that no matter who the Bills sign this week, we'll be behind the 8 ball before opening weekend.

I'm more concerned that since the BILLS continue to be at or near the top of leading the league in injuries, the BILLS keep the same training staff...and I know there was a report a week or two ago about the difference in philosophy with the new FO staff and Coaches and the old regime, with the new guys wanting to go in a new direction with more advanced training techniques and the old regime not getting on board with that plan....to me, that's the greater concern and that playing one extra Pre-Season game for any average team, whose starters would most likely line up once and dust off the cleats, shouldn't be an issue, but for this team....it is!