Anybody Getting a Little Peeved at Pro Football talk.com ?

lately it seems florio and company have gone out of their way in taking shots at buffalo, the team, and to an extent , the city. i noticed a snarky comment today about " tough getting free agents to come to buffalo", last week, he alluded to the dropping of the toronto series as a harbinger of the franchise being moved. obviously, OBVIOUSLY, the bills have been responsible for themselves having such a crappy rep, but florio and co seem to have the usual crush on the so-called glamor franchises. seem to selectively pile on easy targets.

Edited by dwight in philly

Florio has always been terrible. Nice to see you're realizing that. Although this year, it literally has been "tough getting free agents to Buffalo", because the airport's been pretty shut down.

Haha. I don't read Pro Football Talk so I'm good. There are plenty of pro Buffalo national media. People don't take shots at GB, Pittsburgh, and they stop taking shots at Cinci. We just have to win.

Florio has always been terrible. Nice to see you're realizing that. Although this year, it literally has been "tough getting free agents to Buffalo", because the airport's been pretty shut down.

when he comes on GR he is usually a bit positive, but like clayton, probably just a phony.. spew what the people wanna hear and pimp the website. .

I don't go to the web-site, but I watch the daily "Pro Football Talk" show on tv, as often as I can. I like it. I like Florio too. When speaking of impending free-agency, Florio seemed, to me at least, to be pretty much on the side of the Bills in regards to the Byrd situation... I think it is my favorite football info show on tv...

when he comes on GR he is usually a bit positive, but like clayton, probably just a phony.. spew what the people wanna hear and pimp the website. .

I think they all do that. I heard our own Takeo Spikes on John Murphys show last night...saying all kinds of nice things about the Bills organization, his time in Buffalo, the fans.... but just a week or two ago, on NFLN, when previewing free agency he chimed in with the tried and (not so) true addage that "Buffalo doesn't like to pay people"

Buffalo would be a much easier sell if the Bills were winning.

Consider what an outsider hears - or thinks he knows - about Buffalo and it's makes the city and team a pretty easy target.

• A run down, old city
  • Small market
  • Crappy economy
  • High state taxes
  • Unstable ownership siutation
  • Lacks the beaches, nightlife and glamour of cities like Miami and San Diego
  • A low-prestige franchise l(as opposed to teams like Cowboys, Steelers, Bears, Giants, etc)

Consider what an outsider hears - or thinks he knows - about Buffalo and it's makes the city and team a pretty easy target.

• A run down, old city
  • Small market
  • Crappy economy
  • High state taxes
  • A low-prestige franchise l(as opposed to teams like Cowboys, Steelers, Bears, Giants, etc)

all that is true, no doubt,but i am overly sensitive , it is a "buffalo thing" i suppose.

• A run down, old city
  • Small market
  • Crappy economy
  • High state taxes

What an outsider thinks or knows is what we local experience as the truth. The truth can hurt, and if you live here, you get emotional and don't want these to matter but they do.

Small, run down city. Check. Has among the highest rates of poverty, segregation and vacancy in ant American city. Despite a few gentrified neighborhoods, more of the city fits this description than doesn't.

Small market. Check. Among the smallest markets not matter how you attempt to measure it. Including Rochester still makes is among the smaller markets.

Crappy economy. Check. Low opportunities for white collar, college educated people. New job Creation is on the back of taxpayer subsidies and for back room services like GEICO.

High taxes. Check. Erie County is among the highest taxed counties in the country,

Unstable ownership. Check. The owner is creeping up to 100, he's passed control to a marketer and the front office has historically had more turnover than the Kardashians' mattresses.

Lacks beaches, etc. Check. Nightlife her isn't high end, no glamour. No beaches, unless swimming in human waste is interesting to you.

Low prestige franchise. Check. Winning matters and they haven't. Their historic record is losing. Four SB losses.

So luring quality players who want to win is hard if they get a similar offer from a better team or location.

Edited by zonabb

Sorry, but what is he saying that's wrong? Anyone who thinks they are good leave on the first train out of here for the chance to win. We've had one winning season in over a decade. We rotate coaches every three years. And oh yeah, we are in probably one of the worst 5 cities in the NFL to make a home. I love Buffalo, but compare it via weather or things to do to the other 31 teams and it doesn't look good.

We have the same plan every offseason, save the random big year of overspending, and we expect a different result.

You can say that you don't have to spend big or early to get better in FA, but that doesn't mean you can't either. Look at Denver so far. Had holes, filling them and filling them well. And if you want to rely on the draft, then you have to have good drafts like the Seahawks or keep them once their 4/5 years are up.

Again sorry, but I don't see a problem with them saying what appears to be true

What an outsider thinks or knows is what we local experience as the truth. The truth can hurt, and if you live here, you get emotional and don't want these to matter but they do.

Small, run down city. Check. Has among the highest rates of poverty, segregation and vacancy in ant American city. Despite a few gentrified neighborhoods, more of the city fits this description than doesn't.

Small market. Check. Among the smallest markets not matter how you attempt to measure it. Including Rochester still makes is among the smaller markets.

Crappy economy. Check. Low opportunities for white collar, college educated people. New job Creation is on the back of taxpayer subsidies and for back room services like GEICO.

High taxes. Check. Erie County is among the highest taxed counties in the country,

Unstable ownership. Check. The owner is creeping up to 100, he's passed control to a marketer and the front office has historically had more turnover than the Kardashians' mattresses.

Lacks beaches, etc. Check. Nightlife her isn't high end, no glamour. No beaches, unless swimming in human waste is interesting to you.

Low prestige franchise. Check. Winning matters and they haven't. Their historic record is losing. Four SB losses.

So luring quality players who want to win is hard if they get a similar offer from a better team or location.

You struggled to get laid in Buffalo huh? :)

Sorry, but what is he saying that's wrong? Anyone who thinks they are good leave on the first train out of here for the chance to win. We've had one winning season in over a decade. We rotate coaches every three years. And oh yeah, we are in probably one of the worst 5 cities in the NFL to make a home. I love Buffalo, but compare it via weather or things to do to the other 31 teams and it doesn't look good.

We have the same plan every offseason, save the random big year of overspending, and we expect a different result.

You can say that you don't have to spend big or early to get better in FA, but that doesn't mean you can't either. Look at Denver so far. Had holes, filling them and filling them well. And if you want to rely on the draft, then you have to have good drafts like the Seahawks or keep them once their 4/5 years are up.

Again sorry, but I don't see a problem with them saying what appears to be true

i agree about the bills, about what denver did, etc.. but the site seems to focus in on the obvious negatives.. everyone knows the bills are more than decade old losers, we arent south beach, ralph is old, we are small market, it seems to key in on it, just stick to reporting on football issues regarding the bills as the site does in relation to the packers, steelers, etc.. it even makes all the brady -bellicheat love palatable. Edited by dwight in philly

lately it seems florio and company have gone out of their way in taking shots at buffalo, the team, and to an extent , the city. i noticed a snarky comment today about " tough getting free agents to come to buffalo", last week, he alluded to the dropping of the toronto series as a harbinger of the franchise being moved. obviously, OBVIOUSLY, the bills have been responsible for themselves having such a crappy rep, but florio and co seem to have the usual crush on the so-called glamor franchises. seem to selectively pile on easy targets.

BREAKING: They're right!

Florio picked us as a wild card team the year after we signed Mario, but we've continued to fall short. Until this team shows anything different, I really wouldn't take the criticisms personally - it's a shot at an incompetent front office that keeps letting its fans down.

Ive been reading PFT for years long before they partnered w NBC. Florio makes jokes about every team. I guess I don't get offended because unfortunately, the Bills haven't done much in the last decade to change peoples perceptions of the organization. Certain reporters that are truly clueless do piss me off w their comments about the Bills. Florio covers the whole league and is knowledgeable. He's not some "homer" reporter that says idiotic things about the Bills he read or perceives about the Bills during the week the Bills play said homers team for which he is a beat writer.....