We need run stuffers. First and foremosts

Tampa guy we've never heard of strolls down for an 80 yard TD. New England's guy Blount, what, 250 yards? WTF? We turn average guys into jukebox heroes.

Well, one reason is that our people are out of position......way out of position, at least half a dozen times per game. Perhaps that can be attributed to Pettine. He loved to blitz, get the sacks, etc. But his run defense was invisible quite a lot of the time. With that front four, Kiko and decent linebackers, etc. they shouldn't be trampled.

On review of my own comments, maybe the best acquisition we have so far is Schwartz.

Could use a stuffer at LB, though.

Tampa guy we've never heard of strolls down for an 80 yard TD. New England's guy Blount, what, 250 yards? WTF? We turn average guys into jukebox heroes.

Well, one reason is that our people are out of position......way out of position, at least half a dozen times per game. Perhaps that can be attributed to Pettine. He loved to blitz, get the sacks, etc. But his run defense was invisible quite a lot of the time. With that front four, Kiko and decent linebackers, etc. they shouldn't be trampled.

On review of my own comments, maybe the best acquisition we have so far is Schwartz.

Could use a stuffer at LB, though.

I could not agree more. We have been awful against the run for over a decade. We need run stoppers and O-line. The fact that people actually want an average looking TE in Ebron at the 9 spot blows my mind.

I could not agree more. We have been awful against the run for over a decade. We need run stoppers and O-line. The fact that people actually want an average looking TE in Ebron at the 9 spot blows my mind.

I agree. We need oline, linebackers, and people who can stop the run. Our offense has weapons. We just need to fortify the line Edited by Pete

The main reason I want the Bills to go hard on Brandon Spikes is because that would mean that Pepper Johnson loves him and thinks he will be a difference maker against the run. We need a guy like him for sure, and Kiko can play weakside on run downs and middle on passing downs.

Really? Seriously?...

2013 Bills passing offense: 28th in the league in passing yards, 31st in the league in TDs

BTW, if you think Eric Ebron is average then you have obviously not read anything about him or watched any of his videos. The guy is a beast and will be a star in the NFL. He's a top 10 player who's being underrated because he plays TE.

The Bills have been hooooorible in the red zone. They must have been worst in the league or close to that. Ebron changes all of that if the Bills draft him at #9. They can draft a quality OL in the 2nd round.

Edited by 1billsfan

Really? Seriously?...

2013 Bills passing offense: 28th in the league in passing yards, 31st in the league in TDs

BTW, if you think Eric Ebron is average then you have obviously not read anything about him or watched any of his videos. The guy is a beast and will be a star in the NFL. He's a top 10 player who's being underrated because he plays TE.

The Bills have been hooooorible in the red zone. They must have been worst in the league or close to that. Ebron changes all of that if the Bills draft him at #9. They can draft a quality OL in the 2nd round.

Passing stats have no correlation to the quality (or lack there of) of an offensive line? What's the point if EJ is looking over his shoulder after 2 seconds?

I live in Raleigh, have season tickets to UNC football and saw every game this year. I've seen all the youtube videos you have probably watched, go check out James Hardy's, those are sweet too. He may be a good NFL player, but he should not be the pick at 9, period.

If I were asked to pick the single biggest issue with this team, that would be it for me.

I say the biggest on-field issue with the team is QB and its not even close.

Having said that, who is the best run stuffing DT in the draft this year? Is there a blue-chipper? I haven't heard of any.

Having said that, who is the best run stuffing DT in the draft this year? Is there a blue-chipper? I haven't heard of any.

I would love to see Dareus playing KW's spot and a solid 2 gap plugger where Dareus was. Trade KW while he has value. You help the run and Dareus will see less double teams. He is being wasted as the dirty work DT. His pass-rushing skills from the 3 tech while having another 350lbs. player playing the 1-tech would help everything on defense. Add Spikes behind that and watch out. Soliai anyone?

Run stuffing DT? I don't think any fan that's watched this team play this last year would believe that DT is a position of need or a position that the Bills will even think about in the draft. They obviously have their starters in Dareus and Williams and just a few months ago signed Branch to a 4 year extension. The run stuffers the Bills need are linebackers. Outside of Alonso, the rest were nearly invisible on the field last year.