2014 NFL UFA Visits, Signings, and Re-signings

Even if it is window dressing, there will be other WR's out there that will be wanting that kind of contract as well.

Tate is not THAT good. Although now he benefits from having one of the best WR's in the game to play alongside with.

I think he's pretty good. Tate has great hands and is very competitive when the ball is in the air. With Megatron and Bush out there with him, Tate will get single coverage and do very well for the Lions.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just gave 2yr/5m to a backup/special teams LB who i dont know if hes ever played a full nfl season yet in 5 seasons.

Whos nuts now?

How much of that is guaranteed? I would say none. We do not know how much is incentives either. Depth at weak side LB. Maybe he outperforms and that would be great. If not, they can cut him. Not sure I see your point.

I havent heard any offers for Spikes yet. Where there is smoke, there is fire. Maybe teams took him off their boards for behavior

By that same contrast I have not heard any offers for Hakeem Nicks, whom some of the "experts" said was the best WR in free agency.

By that same contrast I have not heard any offers for Hakeem Nicks, whom some of the "experts" said was the best WR in free agency.

both players have had some issues. I have yet to hear any team target either. Nicks however named 3 teams he would lke to play for

Free agent Hakeem Nicks named the Colts, Panthers, and Chargers as teams he's interested in signing with.

"Ideally this is what I want: I want to go to a team where I'm the missing link," said Nicks, 26. "I know if I went to a place like Indianapolis I would be dangerous with a quarterback like Andrew Luck. I can see myself catching passes from Cam Newton or even Philip Rivers." Nicks stated his preference is "a long-term deal," but he's also open to one-year offers. His market hasn't been hot to this point, but Nicks is still very likely to land a starting job. Someone will gamble on his upside. Mar 9 - 3:14 PM

I think he's pretty good. Tate has great hands and is very competitive when the ball is in the air. With Megatron and Bush out there with him, Tate will get single coverage and do very well for the Lions.

Yes, he's pretty good. A pretty good WR like him does not deserve that kind of contract.

You are correct about him benefiting from the presence of Megatron & Bush. Although, I would not be surprised if we see a lot of dropped passes from him too.

Yes, he's pretty good. A pretty good WR like him does not deserve that kind of contract.

You are correct about him benefiting from the presence of Megatron & Bush. Although, I would not be surprised if we see a lot of dropped passes from him too.

If you look up the stats on Tate you'd be surprised to know that he drops very few passes. That's exactly why I said he has "great" hands.

http://www.rantsport...n-tate-signing/

Tate was the top receiver for the Seahawks last season, a year in which they won the Super Bowl. He was a second-round pick out of Notre Dame in 2010, and in four seasons became the No. 1 receiver on the best team in the NFL. He reeled in 64 catches, 898 yards receiving and five touchdowns in 2013. That’s on a team with Marshawn Lynch at running back, and a very solid receiving squad in addition to Tate. He has improved on his stats every single season he’s suited up for in the NFL.

I’m telling you Lions fans, those stats are great, and those alone fit well into what the Lions need as a second receiver to Calvin Johnson, but there is one stat that you have to pay attention to the most – DROPS. Or lack of drops I should say.

According to Michael Rothstein of ESPN, Tate has dropped seven passes with a drop percentage of 2.7 – in his career. According to Pro Football Focus, they have him dropping only four passes in his career.

Shefter saying Sproles traded to Philly.

@RapSheet

It’s the #Eagles for Darren Sproles

@JasonLaCanfora

Eagles trade for Sproles will be announced later today. Smart of the Saints to wait for trade. There was always ample interest ...

@AlbertBreer

The Ravens will be in pursuit of Steve Smith quickly when he's released by the Panthers. Deal could materialize fast.

@ProFootballTalk

Per league source, Saints get fifth-round pick for Darren Sproles from Eagles.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@NFL_ATL

Panthers to cut Steve Smith today. Hakeem Nicks is top target to replace the receiver. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000333720/article/panthers-to-cut-steve-smith-today?campaign=Twitter_atl …

@adamlevitan

Here's a good blurb on why Golden Tate is going to BLOW UP with the Lions: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5583/golden-tate …

@mikerodak

Per @AdamSchefter, the Eagles have signed CB Nolan Carroll, who the Bills hosted on a free-agent visit Wednesday.