So I wonder who Buffalo is Calling?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On NFL.com you can read where teams are calling FA's starting today ahead of FA starting Tuesday to get interest. So since Teams can call starting today, I wonder who Buffalo is calling?

Why would you wonder who Buffalo is calling after saying stuff like this?

"I really need for fans to please, PLEASE after all these years and ralph owning the team for 50+ years to finally come to grips with something. Even if we had 100 million under the cap, we won't spend it. Ralph and more importantly Jeffery Littman will not allow it. and when the cap hits say 160 mill in 3 years or so it won't matter if we have 10 million under or 50 million under, Buffalo won't have the money to spend that much. I still think the league is going to rid themselves of teams that have proven that they can't stay competitive in today's market but increase the number of roster spots per team. I can easily see us going back to 28 teams. If a team is costing the league money (extra revenue sharing but not putting much if any back in) then the right business move is to cut those teams."

"I really need for fans to please, PLEASE after all these years and ralph owning the team for 50+ years to finally come to grips with something. Even if we had 100 million under the cap, we won't spend it. Ralph and more importantly Jeffery Littman will not allow it. and when the cap hits say 160 mill in 3 years or so it won't matter if we have 10 million under or 50 million under, Buffalo won't have the money to spend that much. I still think the league is going to rid themselves of teams that have proven that they can't stay competitive in today's market but increase the number of roster spots per team. I can easily see us going back to 28 teams. If a team is costing the league money (extra revenue sharing but not putting much if any back in) then the right business move is to cut those teams."

Do you have anything to back this up, or is it speculation? Maybe a little frustration coming out as so many of us have felt over the years? Either way, I hope it's wrong. I for one kind of like that under dog role on any given sunday. It would be nice to start beating the Pats on a more consistent basis.

Triple Threat

Easy there fella...you sound really bummed out but the NFL contracting to 28 teams in the near future...Cmon man the league is more popular than ever and revenue streaming among 32 teams is working...Chill bro things arent that bad...cheer up,, tomorrow is going to come and at least give the Bills a chance to blow(or not blow) their available cap money.before you post depressing stuff that IMHO has no basis in fact...I normally love your posts on TBD but somebody must have peed in your cornflakes today....hang in there fellow Bills fan!!!

Triple Threat

Easy there fella...you sound really bummed out but the NFL contracting to 28 teams in the near future...Cmon man the league is more popular than ever and revenue streaming among 32 teams is working...Chill bro things arent that bad...cheer up,, tomorrow is going to come and at least give the Bills a chance to blow(or not blow) their available cap money.before you post depressing stuff that IMHO has no basis in fact...I normally love your posts on TBD but somebody must have peed in your cornflakes today....hang in there fellow Bills fan!!!

Don't feed the trolls.

Edited by Why So Serious?

being a bills fan is being bipolar. One day the ledge, the next day singing gayfully strolling thru the meadow.

Triple Threat

Obviously fella you don't realize I'm not the one that said that. It's in quotations. Clearly I was saying that Kellyto83TD said it in a prior post.

Do you have anything to back this up, or is it speculation? Maybe a little frustration coming out as so many of us have felt over the years? Either way, I hope it's wrong. I for one kind of like that under dog role on any given sunday. It would be nice to start beating the Pats on a more consistent basis.

he is quoting kellyto83 from another post. The OP has said some wildly varying things and TT is only questioning why the OP is optimistic they're calling anyone when he has been so negative before

Triple Threat

see above

To OP's question, though, I have a feeling that these are not going to be guys we will cheer for and be all that happy to hear about. It may be some teams #3 FB or someone's backup 3rd year OG that maybe Buddy Nix had high marks for out of college. I think they're going to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find a few pieces of copper.

Many are speculating the Bills will not do anything with any of the pricier FAs until they know what the result is with Byrd.

So around 4:03pm Tuesday afternoon. Only because a 20+ page contract can take a few minutes to fax and sign.

Edited by The Wiz

All I hope is that Byrd makes a quick decision and doesn't string us along. His indecision could cause us to miss out on others at the start of free agency.

I think that the Bills have set the tone that they are not waiting on Byrd. He knows what they are offering but I would bet that is subject to change depending on whom they sign. They are going to execute their plan regardless of Byrd's intentions.

I think that the Bills have set the tone that they are not waiting on Byrd. He knows what they are offering but I would bet that is subject to change depending on whom they sign. They are going to execute their plan regardless of Byrd's intentions.

this is not meant as anything against you or anyone individually, especially since I do it to. It is amazing how we draw so many straws, speculate so much and hold value in totally baseless information and speculation.

Again, I am not disputing what you say, especially because I agree. But its amazing. There maybe three people who frequent this place that may actually know something. Hah