Bucs release G Davin Joseph

He got hurt 2 years ago & he's struggled last year. Was a top 5 G before & made like $9 million. Very interesting but he's 31. Sometimes it takes 2 years to come back from an injury fully.

Without a doubt, he's worth kick the tires on if the price is right. The Bills could use a vet on the oline & it would be another need off the board.

PFF rated him the 2nd worst guard in the NFL last season. TB tried to trade him, but apparently didn't even get a sniff.

He creates competition, lowering asking prices...also this draft is full of good guard prospects.

He creates competition, lowering asking prices...also this draft is full of good guard prospects.

How would this lower any one else's asking price? I agree if he is still highly regarded he *might* affect the market slightly, but I wouldn't think much.

PFF rated him the 2nd worst guard in the NFL last season. TB tried to trade him, but apparently didn't even get a sniff.

Nobody is going to trade for a big contract on a player that they know will end up being released. They will, more likely than not, always wait until that player is released to sign him to their own contract. Especially a player that has been hurt, and is making A LOT of money...that's a train wreck waiting to happen.

With that said, it is absolutely worth looking at players like Joseph, and others who have been let go. A change of scenery helped Jerry Hughes quite a bit. (Granted, he was not coming off an injury.)

Edited by Bob Malooga

The guy is a big name as he use to be a top 5 guard a couple of seasons ago but injuries the last two seasons have slowed him down. Wouldn't mind bringing him in as a backup but I would hardly want him as the solution to LG. Better free agent options available