cool google theme today

Pete

Hmmmm, funny how International Women's Day can stretch for two days. Same doodle they had all day yesterday.

international meaning it is world wide. And world wide meaning you are dealing with an international date line. And it is a a great day to celebrate

international meaning it is world wide. And world wide meaning you are dealing with an international date line. And it is a a great day to celebrate

Ok that makes sense. Now how does one celebrate international women's day? I have a few ideas.

Curious why you are a fan of this holiday.

I had never even heard of it. after looking it up on wiki, I still don't quite understand what the purpose of the holiday is or why and how it is celebrated.

I have a friend who is an avowed feminist who posted on Facebook a letter to the editor she wrote Ms. Magazie that was published. I didn't know feminist were still around and was completely surprised to see that Ms. Magazine still was. Her letter was bitching to the magazine about an article they wrote where they referred to a female Senator (I believe) as Mrs.___________. How dare you, in this day and age, refer to a woman by her marital status. :rolleyes:

Edited by Chef Jim

That's too funny.

The reality is that feminism is dead. Women do better in school and have a lot of advantages based on simply being better and now having equal or better opportunities.

what muddies the water is that a lot of women choose to stay home or not work, and then people think the disparate impact caused by preference is a sign if inequality.

Well to her feminism is still alive and if she needs help burning her bra I will be there for her. That's what friends are for right?