Alex Carrington

I stand corrected, because Bills didn't tender, he's a full FA now.

That's not correct...he was drafted in 2010 and his contract expired after the 2013 season--with 4 years experience, he qualifies for UFA. The Bills had no option to tender a qualifying offer.

Can't see Carrington being a priority for the Bills at this point due to questions about his health and, more importantly, they saw very good play out of his replacements last season. Too bad Parker risked it.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't know if Alex Carrington is fully recovered from his injury, but if so, I hope that the Bills can retain him. I think that he is good against both the run and pass and he can be a valuable player on defense. Thoughts?

He's played in 44 games in his career and has 33 tackles and 4 sacks. Unless we're talking about intangibles that can't be measured, he hasn't done much of anything. He's an example of one of those guys that would have to be extremely cheap. Just the same and to that point, there's only so many roster spots.

He's played in 44 games in his career and has 33 tackles and 4 sacks. Unless we're talking about intangibles that can't be measured, he hasn't done much of anything. He's an example of one of those guys that would have to be extremely cheap. Just the same and to that point, there's only so many roster spots.

He had earned a starting position last year and had 10 tackles in 3 games before being injured. I don't know if he could have kept up that pace, but it would have projected to more than 50 tackle in 16 games.

I am not saying he is a star, just a good solid player that teams need.

Perhaps no other player has been adversely affected by the changing defensive schemes than Carrington. He was drafted as a 3-4 pass rushing DE and has had to play OLB, DE, and DT. He should want to get the hell out of Buffalo. I would only bring him back to play DE. He is not a good DT. Branch is a better option at DT.

Perhaps no other player has been adversely affected by the changing defensive schemes than Carrington. He was drafted as a 3-4 pass rushing DE and has had to play OLB, DE, and DT. He should want to get the hell out of Buffalo. I would only bring him back to play DE. He is not a good DT. Branch is a better option at DT.

I agree. I really think he would have found a niche as a DE if he wasn't moved around so much while we played musical chairs with our D schemes since he was drafted. He was on his way last year and I think he would have done well with Pettine. Health permitting, maybe he gets another chance with Cleveland.

GO BILLS!!!

He had earned a starting position last year and had 10 tackles in 3 games before being injured. I don't know if he could have kept up that pace, but it would have projected to more than 50 tackle in 16 games.

A couple of games don't extrapolate to anything and isn't enough of a sample to even be able to make a reasonable representation of what he would do in a full season. To that point, he hasn't even played a full season for 4 straight years.

Exactly right. He should get paid like a solid player. Problem is i believe Parker is his agent??

If every team stuck togeather and told Mr. Parker to have a nice day we would all be better off. I think we will see the players feeling that way also down the road. He is not a nice man. Carrington can be a good special team player also. We need that.

A couple of games don't extrapolate to anything and isn't enough of a sample to even be able to make a reasonable representation of what he would do in a full season. To that point, he hasn't even played a full season for 4 straight years.

Carrington played a ton in 2011 and 2012...Before his injury he had played in 44 straight games as far as I can tell...I know he played all 16 games in the Defensive-Line rotation in 2012...He was starting in 2013 before he got hurt...There is plenty of sample for Carrington...And most of it is good...He was arguably our best D-lineman in 2012... B-)