What show(s) have you recently binged on? (spoilers)

Mad Men is gonna be 7 episodes over 2 years ? Good move staying away from dexter, last few seasons were crap IMO.

Justified > Sons of anarchy. Can be watched on Amazon instant prime similar to netflix.

Game of thrones might be worth the 50 bucks. I watch zero sci-fi/fantasy stuff and love it.

If you haven't seen the Sopranos by now, by all means...binge away... best show ever, IMO.

I will recommend Nurse Jackie on Showtime. Half hour episodes, really excellent acting. I will admit, the first season is good, but a little erratic. It tried a little too hard (not to good results) to play of the "ady" part of the dramady formula the first season...when they dropped that, worlds better.

If you want comedy, I would recommend "Larry Sanders" (my favorite modern era comedy, was on HBO in the 90's), or "Veep".

Recent binges include: House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Game of Thrones and Luther (BBC show)

After Breaking Bad finished it was a bit difficult to find shows that I thought matched the quality of writing but I'd say the Netflix show's (House of Cards/Orange is the New Black) come pretty close in terms of quality and acting.

i never say any of the 24 shows, started with lost but gave up on it...sopranos...it's a definite must see

I have never seen even a single episode. Same with 24 and Lost.

I am thinking of trying to track down all these epic series I missed and doing some marathons.

I have never seen even a single episode. Same with 24 and Lost.

I am thinking of trying to track down all these epic series I missed and doing some marathons.

Lost was definitely more about the journey than where you end up. It's on Netflix.

I really like FX's show The Americans, very good show! Highly recommend!

i never say any of the 24 shows, started with lost but gave up on it...sopranos...it's a definite must see

Watch 24, awesome stuff if you ask me. Not always the most realistic, but man is it entertaining.

I remember when I still lived at home, 9 o clock on Monday nights I'd always hear my dad crank up the starting music and yell, "Bauer hour!" 10 seconds later I'd be sprinting down the stairs.

Twilight Zone. I have it recorded on my DVR and usually binge about once a week on it. Amazing how a lot of the themes are still relevant even 50 years later.

I love the old Twilight Zones. Some things are still relevant but I enjoy how much of it takes place in a completely different time - you see that major fears were atomic warfare and aliens - so many episodes revolve around those fears. It's also funny to see some of the gender roles/stereotypes of the old days - you'd never get away with some of that stuff today. Lastly, seeing some big stars make appearances in some of the old episodes - Robert Redford, Charles Bronson, etc. is fun - I binge on these when they run the TZ marathon every year on New Years....

Watch 24, awesome stuff if you ask me. Not always the most realistic, but man is it entertaining.

I remember when I still lived at home, 9 o clock on Monday nights I'd always hear my dad crank up the starting music and yell, "Bauer hour!" 10 seconds later I'd be sprinting down the stairs.

That and the two years where Prison Break was good. That was one hell of a way to start the week. I don't know if they've given a time slot to the new 24 yet, but it damn well better be 8PM on mondays.

Doc Martin - hilarious.

Pawn Stars - my DVR is full of them

I was hooked on this show for quite a while, and I still find it pretty interesting... I love when they are making buys, and going through the short history on things....but I can't stand the sort "schtick" that it seems to be favoring more and more. "Comic Book Men" on AMC is much the same. I am not a comic-book fanatic at all, but I love the hisorical aspect of pop culture, so you can learn a lot from it...but then they start doing litlle bits that kind of take over the shows. Everything is just a little too staged after a whi,.e.

Since I'm between jobs currently I've had some time to dig into Netflix and have completed both seasons of House of Cards and all three seasons of An Idiot Abroad in the past 2 weeks. I'm planning on continuing Friday Night Lights soon, catching up on Hell on Wheels and hopefully finding something else new I can get into. I'll most likely keep trying to get into Derek but I have such a hard time understanding the characters in that show sometimes.