Mayock's Post-Combine Rankings

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really surprised Jordan Matthews is not on that list. Boy what a player. Will be best NFL WR from this draft after Watkins.

Matthews is definitely flying under the radar a bit right now...He lost a little ground at the Sr Bowl...But I think he's going to move up closer to Draft time...He would be an excellent target for the Bills at #41 if they go OT at #9... B-)

Matthews is definitely flying under the radar a bit right now...He lost a little ground at the Sr Bowl...But I think he's going to move up closer to Draft time...He would be an excellent target for the Bills at #41 if they go OT at #9... B-)

Matthews is a very good football player, and I think he'll be picked somewhere in the 40-50 range.

I know I've said it before, but I won't be moved off of Donte Moncrief (Ole Miss) as my favorite WR in the class. Big-bodied, good hands, elite speed, very productive in a solid conference.

Personally, I have no issue whatsoever taking Evans at 9 AND another WR like Matthews or Moncrief in the 2nd or 3rd...

I like Matthews as a player (a lot). I am fairly convinced at this point that Evans or Ebron will be the pick at 9. Unless someone slips (ie Mack) a pass catcher will be the pick. They are looking for an elite pass catcher, not a #2, that you just cannot find in free agency. With that being said I don't think that Matthews is an option and he may not even be there at 41.

I like Matthews as a player (a lot). I am fairly convinced at this point that Evans or Ebron will be the pick at 9. Unless someone slips (ie Mack) a pass catcher will be the pick. They are looking for an elite pass catcher, not a #2, that you just cannot find in free agency. With that being said I don't think that Matthews is an option and he may not even be there at 41.

Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts on Matthews as well. I think he is going to be a solid pro, maybe even better than that. He strikes me in the Decker/ Jordy Nelson role. Good players who will do great with great QBs but aren't true #1s. I know Vandy's QBs were weak but Matthews career high in tds was 8. IMO, this team sorely lacks a red zone target and I don't see Matthews as that type of wr.

But if Evans is gone, I could definitely get behind an Ebron/ Matthews package.

Did you sleep through Senior Bowl week? Richardson got beat like a drum all week. Scouts say he lacks lateral quickness, and did not get a good push in run blocking despite his enormous stature. He's got cement feet.

Yeah, I didn't see any of the Senior Bowl week. I was wondering why he fell so much. I was shocked. He looked like a star in games I saw. Personally, I would take the full body work of a whole season over a week, but it's definitely a red flag.

Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts on Matthews as well. I think he is going to be a solid pro, maybe even better than that. He strikes me in the Decker/ Jordy Nelson role. Good players who will do great with great QBs but aren't true #1s. I know Vandy's QBs were weak but Matthews career high in tds was 8. IMO, this team sorely lacks a red zone target and I don't see Matthews as that type of wr.

But if Evans is gone, I could definitely get behind an Ebron/ Matthews package.

Those are the two players I've seen Matthews compared to most...Not bad company...

Ebron/Matthews would be very interesting... B-)

Those are the two players I've seen Matthews compared to most...Not bad company...

Ebron/Matthews would be very interesting... B-)

Oh yeah not at all. I hope EJ could come close to the Rodgers/ Manning level but obviously he has a long way to go. I love both those guys but they'd be much different players on the Bills currently.

I think when we look back at what Stevie Johnson accomplished in his 3 year stretch, it will stand up quite well. He put some really good #s with average to below average QB paly.

I'm starting to feel more and more confident that it will not be Ebron.

What do you think they will do with TE then?

Perhaps nothing...they could well feel comfortable with Moeaki/Gragg/Smith

They could also wait and grab either Niklas in the 2nd, Fiedorowicz in the 3rd, or (my guy) Crockett Gillmore in the 4th

Perhaps nothing...they could well feel comfortable with Moeaki/Gragg/Smith

They could also wait and grab either Niklas in the 2nd, Fiedorowicz in the 3rd, or (my guy) Crockett Gillmore in the 4th

That's pretty risky IMO. Moeaki is a giant injury risk, who knows about Gragg (7th rounder), and Smith might be the worst receiving TE in the NFL (they should consider fatting Smith up and trying to make him a OT).

Besides QB, the Bills have neglected TE more than any other position. I think in the last 20 years, we only drafted a TE in the 3rd round or higher once (Kevin Everett). this needs to change.

I'm starting to feel more and more confident that it will not be Ebron.

I certainly feel like Evans is the favorite. Ebron was more as a trade down option (like 12-13ish). I think that a big target is going to be the pick. Edited by Kirby Jackson

That's pretty risky IMO. Moeaki is a giant injury risk, who knows about Gragg (7th rounder), and Smith might be the worst receiving TE in the NFL (they should consider fatting Smith up and trying to make him a OT).

Besides QB, the Bills have neglected TE more than any other position. I think in the last 20 years, we only drafted a TE in the 3rd round or higher once (Kevin Everett). this needs to change.

I agree...I would prefer to see them draft one of the guys I mentioned and waive good-bye to Smith

I certainly feel like Evans is the favorite. Ebron was more as a trade down option (like 12-13ish). I think that a big target is going to be the pick.

Ebron in a trade-down scenario is much more desirable.

I dont see us taking a WR at #1.

We took 2 WR in the first 3 rounds last season and we took another WR in the first 3 rounds in 2012. Granted, TJ Graham has been an abomination, but I just can't see us taking another WR with our first pick.

An elite TE on the other hand would be a different story.

I'm perfectly fine with SJ, Woods, and Goodwin. Throw in an Ebron or ASJ or Amaro and we doin good.

We have to protect EJ - our glass figurine - and will have to take OL once in the first 2 rounds IMO (unless we address it via FA).

We took 2 WR in the first 3 rounds last season and we took another WR in the first 3 rounds in 2012. Granted, TJ Graham has been an abomination, but I just can't see us taking another WR with our first pick.

I'm perfectly fine with SJ, Woods, and Goodwin. Throw in an Ebron or ASJ or Amaro and we doin good.

We have to protect EJ - our glass figurine - and will have to take OL once in the first 2 rounds IMO (unless we address it via FA).

I don't look at it as much of the position as the player. I think that the Bills are looking for a big bodied, athletic pass catcher that's "open when he's not open." Evans (and Ebron) are so much different than any player currently on the roster. For example, I think that Brandin Cooks is going to be a great WR but makes little sense for the Bills. He is too much like what is on the roster and lacks the upside of Watkins. Evans just adds a different element (Benjamin too but not at 9).

They should sign their RT in free agency (Strief, Collins, Saffold) and draft the guard in the 2nd (Jackson, Yankey, Su'A-Filo).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I would be happey with Ebron or Evans at #9. No OT, please.

You want to protect EJ? Make him a better QB.

I was thinking along the same lines. Unless Marrone and company really think they need that big receiver and they consider one the best available player at their pick, they've already invested a lot in that position recently.

I like Ebron and would have no problem with him at #9...

But no matter how many WR's we've Drafted we don't have anyone on the roster that is remotely like Evans...And Evans is the highest rated WR most likely to be available at #9 overall (I'm assuming Watkins is gone)...Furthermore WR's like Evans that play well in the NFL almost never become available unless they bring a ton of baggage with them...So it's kind of a rare opportunity to grab a kid that is really unique athletically...The same could be said about Ebron at TE as well of course...So I really have no problem with either of them in the 1st... B-)