ryan miller to saint louis

\GoBillsInDallas/

I understand that these moves have to be made, but it's sad that it's got to the point where they've had to trade their best players. Pegula should have cleaned house when he bought the team.

Btw, the Sabres also get the Blues 1st round pick in 2014 if they make the Conference finals or Miller resigns with them, otherwise it's the previously mentioned 3rd round pick in 2016. So root for the Blues in the playoffs.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that these moves have to be made, but it's sad that it's got to the point where they've had to trade their best players. Pegula should have cleaned house when he bought the team.

Btw, the Sabres also get the Blues 1st round pick in 2014 if they make the Conference finals or Miller resigns with them, otherwise it's the previously mentioned 3rd round pick in 2016. So root for the Blues in the playoffs.

Yeah... no point in going through it all again, but for me, not canning Darcy, at the very least, after last season, was pretty baffling. I will be very interested to see if Darcy ever gets another NHL GM job.

Yes, its assumed they're keeping this years since its a likely top 5 lock after the Tavares injury

That'll be real fun next year to root against the Islanders every game next year!

That is wild! I was wondering who the back-up would be since the trade happened so late (and Miller was slated?). Again, pretty wild!

Ryan is my wife's cousins husband....I could not believe it watching it.....what a story for him...can't wait to talk to him!

Ryan is my wife's cousins husband....I could not believe it watching it.....what a story for him...can't wait to talk to him!

Cool! Ask him what would have happened if Enroth went down! LoL... Was he ready, or would he have freaked? :D I would have freaked... It would be like the episode of "Everybody Hates Chris" when he was wrestling and nobody on the oposing teams were in his weight class all season. He kept winning by default until a one dude on the other team showed up to wrestle... Ut oh! LoL...

Yeah great. Pencil in a playoff run sometime around 2022.

Vanek, Miller, and Pominville were 100% never resigning, Ott might have but I doubt it since he is Cup mode. Better to blow it up and go all out for McDavid in 2015. As an out of area fan who pays for Center Ice it sucks but I watch every game I can and hope better days are ahead. I would ship Erhoff and Myers as well, CH because I think he would get a nice return. Myers looks like a player in need of a new environment, I don't know if NHL rules allow for trading based on stats but if they do I would tie Myers to minutes played per game in hopes he gets rejuvenated. I would only do this with a contending team down the stretch so he doesn't get stashed.

Yeah great. Pencil in a playoff run sometime around 2022.

I know. It's not like the Bills having 10 1st/2nd round picks in two years. These guys take way longer to develop, for the most part.

The Sabres had to make this move. Milller is 33, and will probably be in the twilight of his career when the Sabres are finally good again. Still, it sucks to see one of the best goaltenders in the NHL go.

I'll miss Ott. Miller? Not so much..

I don't get it. I do love Ott, and I think I'll miss him just as much - and even hope he'll return. But Miller was the last line of defense for some of the very best Sabres teams we've seen. And I would put that team that lost to the Canes up there. They were a "not having to play Rory frickin' Fitzpatrick" away from playing for the Cup that year.

The kid gave his very best to the team and the city and they really over-relied on him. This team would have looked even worse without Miller stealing games for them and keeping them in them.

Anybody who says Miller isn't an all time great Sabre, and their second-best goalie ever, is delusional.

I will admit, over the last 2 of 3 seasons prior to this, I had felt a little frustrated with Miller from time to time. He has been pretty stellar in 2013-14. In retrospect, frustrations should probably been directed more toward management for their unending inability to find any goal scoring support for their goaltenders. I happen to think Enroth is a very good net minder as well...but have seen some of the same issues with him this year that Miller suffered...bumbling defensemen, too many turnovers and an eventual loss of confidence in the teammates in front of him. We were spoiled by Hasek to a agree. I realize now, I can't blame Miller for not bezing Hasek. When he was Ryan Miller, on his top game, he was pretty spectacular in his own right. He played a lot of games, more than any goalie in team history...it might have served him (not to mention the team), if he hadn't had to play quite so many. The last couple of seasons, chasing that eighth seed we couldn't afford to have him play any way less than "A-game" Miller...he went through a couple of long, miserable stretches where he just couldn't deliver that game. In the end though, one of the greatest Sabres ever... I don't intend to disrespect the guy at all, but I do feel that losing Ott is almost as big a blow as losing Miller, at this point in time...Ott is the kind of forward this team has been lacking for years...if Drury had just a little more of Otts tenacity, even at the expense of a few goals, who knows how much kinder this century might have been towards our franchise?

I'm with you till the end, there, Buftex.

I think Drury gave what he had. The "ifs" to really look for are:

1) If Tyler Myers had developed into the all-world Dman we needed

2) If players like Drew Stafford showed up for all 82 games every year, instead of off and on.

3) If they'd had better health at some critical times - Miller's finger injury, the blueline massacre the year of the Canes ECF loss.

4) If they had made a move to get a player like Ott around the times that they were getting pushed around by the likes of the Senators, then the Bruins.

5) If they had kept Briere, who wanted to stay here. If they had not let Brian Campbell go.

Blame Darcy Regier for a lot of it. Blame Pegula coming just after the team had already lost a lot of its best talent and leadership. Blame player development, to some extent. Blame coaching for some of it.

I do want Ott back, desperately. And though I loathe Ken Hitchcock, I'm rooting for the Blues so that a player like Ott wins his Cup. I want him to feel good about coming back to lead a growing and learning Buffalo franchise - instead of feeling like he is being cheated out of his last Cup chances.

Wow, that's a heck of a deal for two 30+ yr old UFA's. Got to give Murray his props for this one.

Also if St Louis re-signs Miller or if they make the Conference Finals that 3rd round pick becomes a 1st round pick! Go Blues!

The Blues would also get the Sabres 2nd RD pick that the Sabres acquired in the Pomminville trade and the Sabres 3rd RD pick.

WHAT THE !@#$ING !@#$.

That's what I just said. Damn!!..........Something about it always seemed like it wasn't going to last. Whether it was his short stint with the Islanders, the fact that i don't get who makes hockey decisions when you have a prez and a GM, or what.