Ugh

Re: Court Rules School Can Ban Wearing of American-Flag T-Shirts

Well, what the hell does this say about the situation in the schools? As Volokh asks:

Somehow,
we’ve reached the point that students can’t safely display the American flag in an American school, because of a fear that other students will attack them for it — and the school feels unable to prevent such attacks (by punishing the threateners and the attackers, and by teaching students tolerance for other students’ speech). Something is badly wrong, whether such an incident happens on May 5 or any other day

And this is especially so because behavior that gets rewarded gets repeated. The school taught its students a simple lesson: If you dislike speech and want it suppressed, then you can get what you want by threatening violence against the speakers. The school will cave in, the speakers will be shut up, and you and your ideology will win. When thuggery pays, the result is more thuggery. Is that the education we want our students to be getting?

No. It is most decidedly not. But who is surprised? This is the lesson that we have been teaching for years now — a lesson that has culminated in liberal arts students saying things like this with a straight face:

“What really bothered me is, the whole idea is that at a liberal arts college, we need to be hearing a diversity of opinion. I don’t think we should be tolerating [George’s] conservative views because that dominant culture embeds these deep inequalities in our society.

No, that might be considered offensive to the Redskins.

Like the thread title :blush:

Another overly dramatic response........lol

Apparently Live Oaks High School in Morgan Hill, CA allows a celebration of Cinco de Mayo. Cinco de Mayo, as we know is a Mexican holiday that was popularized in the US by chain restaurants wanting to sell super-sized margaritas and Dos Equis beer.

Why that day? When it is safe to say 99% of the people celebrating it and a higher percentage of the students at Live Oak High School, regardless of heritage have never heard of the Battle of Puebla and couldn’t find it on a map. I don’t know.

Some American students, and I use that term deliberately without regards to ethnicity, objected to the giving over of the school to Mexico for the day and protested it by wearing American flags or American flag apparel. Mexican students, I don’t say Mexican-American for a reason that will be obvious, threatened them with violence for wearing the American flag. I’ll say this for the benefit of a small portion of the readers: yes, I understand this was a provocative “in your face” protest but I don’t care, that is what the Boston Tea Party was.

Rather than take action against those threatening violence, the principal, showing the moral and physical courage the educational establishment is so famous for, sent home the kids wearing American flags, in an American school, in freakin United States of America.

Am I surprised that those who dominate the school system and the 9th Circuit concluded that upholding the rule of law was just too much work? Of course not. I don’t believe in leprechauns.

This, though, regardless if it is repudiated upon appeal, marks an official recognition that we are not one country. It marks the utter collapse of American exceptionalism. It marks the triumph of the false god of multiculturalism.

http://www.redstate.com/2014/02/28/federal-court-okays-ban-american-flag-school/

Companies are not supposed to treat the American flag like the golden arches; it is not a logo to be used to sell merchandise. It is especially offensive when they imply that you are supporting a patriotic cause by purchasing a t-shirt or beach towel flag, then they will actually be spending the money at a garment factory sweatshop in Indonesia.

Companies are not supposed to treat the American flag like the golden arches; it is not a logo to be used to sell merchandise. It is especially offensive when they imply that you are supporting a patriotic cause by purchasing a t-shirt or beach towel flag, then they will actually be spending the money at a garment factory sweatshop in Indonesia.

And this has what exactly to do with the story?

Tell that to our esteemed president and his 2012 campaign where the below emblem was printed on t-shirts and for sale in their little online store.

post-9928-0-93264500-1393724253_thumb.jpg

Tell that to our esteemed president and his 2012 campaign where the below emblem was printed on t-shirts and for sale in their little online store.

That doesn't count, as there is an 'O' in the upper left, instead of a field of blue with white stars. Totally not the same thing, and frankly it's an invalid comparison to use the Chosen One's symbols to illustrate libtard hypocrisy.

It's amazing we never had any early indicators of how much of a narcissist he is...

It's amazing we never had any early indicators of how much of a narcissist he is...

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow, and our planet began to heal." Obama Victory Speech

"We are the ones we've been waiting for."

Yeah....................he was so good at hiding it from the public/media in 2008.

LOL