D'Qwell Jackson (LB) Released by Browns

thebandit27

And getting a 12m raise in the cap would help that immensely - add a cut or two and a restructure or two and much like all the teams over the cap at this stage they can add a couple pieces potentially (remember a 5m signing bonus only counts 1m this year). Despite our fans terror of signing anyone even though we are under the cap by a ton, teams out there so stretch every dollar. I wouldn't peg Dallas specifically as a destination for him but I'd guess Dallas doesn't JUST lose guys this year and teams that are considered cap poor can be in play for him

Even if Dallas had the cap space, I'm not sure it's a need. Sean Lee mans the MLB position and he's pretty darn good.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not ?

This guy is a fit for us right now, Its got alot of added values to spend on this cat.

Byrd goes to Cleveland for a song (3rd ?

) right after we sign Jackson.

And there was much rejoicing

no pressure dougie

If the Bills traded Byrd ANYWHERE for just a 3rd Whaley, Overdorf and Brandon should be shown out of the city with tar and feathers.

Edited by purple haze

he has been a good player in the league, but im guessing outside of bills vs browns games there are very few that have watched him much and most are going based off of the high tackle totals, good madden rating... and now the outpouring of support from players. I dont mean that as a big knock, just that im not sure how many have any gauge of how much hed add or what hed be worth beyond "definitely couldnt hurt!"

as for the byrd money reference - im guessing we have 3 LBs on the field about 50% of the time, and already have lawson and kiko, so id rather pay the safety and get a value guy that can be a short yardage thumper and go sit on the bench in nickel and dime packages than a core linebacker.... invest in the safety thats on the field 100% of plays

tell that to the bunch that want a LB at #9 - apparently they think the bills play 3 LB's all the time!

value in the top 10 (and in the cap) is in a player who will be on the field most of the time - and that's a OT or a WR (or a #1 LB, but the bills already have one of those).

For one of the first times in YEARS, we're actually a pretty desirable place for a linebacker. He'd play behind THREE pro-bowl defensive lineman (plus a 10 sack guy), alongside a Defensive Rookie of the Year runner-up LB, and a reasonable likelyhood of a probowl safety behind him for at least a year. It isn't a wasteland at cornerback either with both starters high first round draft picks.

We've got lot of talent in our defense. Great players want to play with great players.

For one of the first times in YEARS, we're actually a pretty desirable place for a linebacker. He'd play behind THREE pro-bowl defensive lineman (plus a 10 sack guy), alongside a Defensive Rookie of the Year runner-up LB, and a reasonable likelyhood of a probowl safety behind him for at least a year. It isn't a wasteland at cornerback either with both starters high first round draft picks.

We've got lot of talent in our defense. Great players want to play with great players.

I agree with all of this... it would be a great spot for him to play well. It may be a tough sell as he is coming from Cleveland and may want a team that is much different in its status, but of he is looking for a place where he will be able to shine as a player, this would be one.

If the Bills traded Byrd ANYWHERE for just a 3rd Whaley, Overdorf and Brandon should be shown out of the city with tar and feathers.

We would all like a 1st and another 1st for Byrd but thats just not likely .

what do you think cleveland would give us if we tagged and traded Byrd

I agree with all of this... it would be a great spot for him to play well. It may be a tough sell as he is coming from Cleveland and may want a team that is much different in its status, but of he is looking for a place where he will be able to shine as a player, this would be one.

Very nice feeling when I think about it what you and Mark have mentioned

As much as I think he would be a great fit here, I don't think the Bills will look to sign him. He is going to make a lot of money based on the interest (8m+ is what he was scheduled to make with 7 teams interested), and I don't think they will sink that into a 30 yr old LB. Back to the drawing board.

I always though that Maybin was a Jauron pick...he wanted a smaller/quicker guy to rush the passer.

He was a Jauron pick...From most accounts he's the guy Jauron wanted...In fact there were rumors that Jauron banged the table pretty hard for him if I remember correctly... B-)