Cuomo to announce new IBM facility for Buffalo

TPS

That might provide some relief for the 1200 Remington jobs Cuomo chased out of NY.

It won't even provide relief for the IBM jobs that have been chased out of WNY over the years.

And IBM's going to move 500 IT jobs into a state-owned and -built IT center due to open in 2015...even though the site for the center hasn't even been chosen? Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it.

It won't even provide relief for the IBM jobs that have been chased out of WNY over the years.

And IBM's going to move 500 IT jobs into a state-owned and -built IT center due to open in 2015...even though the site for the center hasn't even been chosen? Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it.

It's on the old bass pro site.

Yes, maybe, but Buffalo Billion has a nice ring to it. It must mean Cuomo is giving Buffalo a billion bucks, so he's got MY vote..

hmmm...why stop at 2000 then? Let's add up every job that wasn't created in NY for the past few years!

Only in LaLa Liberal Land can you spend one day mocking a report stating jobs were lost in NY because a company specifically opted to stop expanding there, and the next day arguing how the stimulus was successful because it 'saved' jobs that no one knew could be lost!

Only in LaLa Liberal Land can you spend one day mocking a report stating jobs were lost in NY because a company specifically opted to stop expanding there, and the next day arguing how the stimulus was successful because it 'saved' jobs that no one knew could be lost!

Only a Tea-Party-loving WNY-fleeing ball licker would protest the addition of 500 high-tech IBM SE and IT jobs to the growing list of meaningful economic development projects helped along by Cuomo in recent years.

Even conceding the dubious premise that Remington would have chosen Buffalo over Huntsville if not for NY's liberal gun laws, I'll gladly take high-paying tech jobs over blue-collar factory jobs any day. Economic development in Buffalo is better served by expanding industries like medical research, software development and green energy manufacturing as opposed to the same old crappy factory jobs. As a resident of LaLa Liberal California I would think you'd be wise to this.

It's good news if there is a return on the investment. I'd like to see the terms of the lease offered to IBM.

I'm curious to see how many of those blue collar factory workers, who were paid an excellent wage, will now be permanently out of work, even after the import of those technology jobs.

Odd to see a democrat openly **** on a blue collar worker. Usually they only **** on them behind their backs.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Only a Tea-Party-loving WNY-fleeing ball licker would protest the addition of 500 high-tech IBM SE and IT jobs to the growing list of meaningful economic development projects helped along by Cuomo in recent years.

Even conceding the dubious premise that Remington would have chosen Buffalo over Huntsville if not for NY's liberal gun laws, I'll gladly take high-paying tech jobs over blue-collar factory jobs any day. Economic development in Buffalo is better served by expanding industries like medical research, software development and green energy manufacturing as opposed to the same old crappy factory jobs. As a resident of LaLa Liberal California I would think you'd be wise to this.

The last time I heard anyone talk about "high paying tech jobs" in Buffalo, it was 20 years ago, and it ended up being minimum-wage call centers that Buffalo still couldn't support.

Maybe if Governor Cuomo's REALLY good, he can get IBM to move back into the old, 90% vacant Marine Midland building, where they were 40 years ago before Buffalo's ridiculous politics drove them out of the region. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Cuomo dragging a kicking and screaming Buffalo back into the 70's...

No new jobs have been created. They have a plan. :rolleyes:

No new jobs have been created. They have a plan. :rolleyes:

All of Cali checking in to piss all over us again. Shocking. The plan seems like a positive step to me. Maybe it's just my small time, folksy WNY mentality talking. We're no San Fran, that's for sure. Thanks for the reality check pal!

All of Cali checking in to piss all over us again. Shocking. The plan seems like a positive step to me. Maybe it's just my small time, folksy WNY mentality talking. We're no San Fran, that's for sure. Thanks for the reality check pal!

Cali and San Fran are words for the uncool.

This is how liberals post when their misguided thought process gets called out for the idiocy it will always be.

Meanwhile, I missed the part where I protested the addition of 500 jobs. But don't let a simple fact get in the way of your drive-by knob-gobbling.

Edited by LABillzFan