Stay classy, Arizona. Stay classy.

I'm curious how those who have posted here would evaluate this hypothetical situation:

Remember when the White House had to step in to try to get some minister/preacher/whatever to stop his plans to hold a public burning of the Koran, because the Obama administration believed it would incite more violence against our troops in the Middle East?

Let's say a devout Muslim man owns a printing business, and the minister/preacher/whatever comes in to the Muslim guy's shop and wants to have some fliers made so that he can hand them out inviting the general public to attend his Koran burning ceremony. Should the Muslim print shop owner be required to accept the order and make the fliers?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious how those who have posted here would evaluate this hypothetical situation:

Remember when the White House had to step in to try to get some minister/preacher/whatever to stop his plans to hold a public burning of the Koran, because the Obama administration believed it would incite more violence against our troops in the Middle East?

Let's say a devout Muslim man owns a printing business, and the minister/preacher/whatever comes in to the Muslim guy's shop and wants to have some fliers made so that he can hand them out inviting the general public to attend his Koran burning ceremony. Should the Muslim print shop owner be required to accept the order and make the fliers?

Is the Koran burning minister gay or straight?

Of course not. "Hate speech" is illegal.

As the Muslim shop owner, I would print them but ass rape them on price. Then I would either make great margins or he would take his business elsewhere. Some bigot doosh burning a koran doesn't change my realtionship with Allah, and in a country that is often times very sympathetic to the downtrodden, it could be a silver lining toward the mainstream acceptance of my religion in America. Forcing that relationship breeds comtempt, thats the reality.

Ah, but is an invitation to a good old fashioned Koran burning hate speech? Even Obama didn't think so when he had to practically beg the "minister" not to start the bonfire.

This was a mistake on Obama's part. A few short years later a guy made a movie about Islam which sparked riots and ended up with one of our ambassadors dead. If Obama had only stopped that movie.....

Who cares? And why

This law won't stop gays from being gay. Its just a way to be a prick and incite more judgement and create the illusion of a desperation between a homosexual and a heterosexual.

Let them next gay. Who cares.they don't need to be married any more then anyone else does.

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2014/02/27/az-gov-jan-brewer-vetoes-religious-freedom-bill/?subscriber=1

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer vetoed a religious freedom bill Wednesday under threat of a national boycott by foes of the measure who said it would promote discrimination against gays.

"I sincerely believe Senate Bill 1062 has potential to create more problems than it purports to solve," Ms. Brewer said at a brief press conference. "It could divide Arizona in ways that we could not even imagine and no one would ever want. Religious liberty is a core American and Arizona value. So is nondiscrimination."

The Republican governor said she met with lawmakers, citizens and attorneys before making the decision. She had until Saturday to sign or veto the bill, or allow it to become law without her signature.

Doug Napier, senior counsel for the conservative Alliance Defending Freedom in Scottsdale, said the veto represented a defeat for freedom and victory for fear and a national campaign that the bill's proponents said had wildly distorted the bill.

"Freedom loses when fear overwhelms facts and a good bill is vetoed. Today's veto enables the foes of faith to more easily suppress the freedom of the people of Arizona," Mr. Napier said in a statement.

Rea Carey, executive director of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force Action Fund, cheered the governor's decision. She said the legislation would have been "bad for Arizona people and the Arizona economy."

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2014/02/27/az-gov-jan-brewer-vetoes-religious-freedom-bill/?subscriber=1

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer vetoed a religious freedom bill Wednesday under threat of a national boycott by foes of the measure who said it would promote discrimination against gays.

"I sincerely believe Senate Bill 1062 has potential to create more problems than it purports to solve," Ms. Brewer said at a brief press conference. "It could divide Arizona in ways that we could not even imagine and no one would ever want. Religious liberty is a core American and Arizona value. So is nondiscrimination."

The Republican governor said she met with lawmakers, citizens and attorneys before making the decision. She had until Saturday to sign or veto the bill, or allow it to become law without her signature.

Doug Napier, senior counsel for the conservative Alliance Defending Freedom in Scottsdale, said the veto represented a defeat for freedom and victory for fear and a national campaign that the bill's proponents said had wildly distorted the bill.

"Freedom loses when fear overwhelms facts and a good bill is vetoed. Today's veto enables the foes of faith to more easily suppress the freedom of the people of Arizona," Mr. Napier said in a statement.

Rea Carey, executive director of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force Action Fund, cheered the governor's decision. She said the legislation would have been "bad for Arizona people and the Arizona economy."

if Napier only could have worked in terrorism and guns he would have hit a superfecta.

But it is fun y with these groups. National Gay and Lesbian Task Force Action Fund? Do we really need a Gay and Lesbian Task Force? Probably as much as we need a Defending Freedom Alliance.

Oh man, Fox news needs to stop feeding the right wing hysteria, I'm watching and they had this guy on claiming religious freedom is now dead in America because this hateful bill was vetoed? Can't the host at least call the moron on this?

what are you doing watching fox news? Isn't there an Alec Baldwin movie on or something?

Oh man, Fox news needs to stop feeding the right wing hysteria, I'm watching and they had this guy on claiming religious freedom is now dead in America because this hateful bill was vetoed? Can't the host at least call the moron on this?

It's not the host's job to call the moron a moron.

And he is a moron. Religious freedom was dead when they passed the ACA.

Please explain to me what is hateful about this bill? If I were a photographer shouldn't I have the right to refuse to take pictures at a NAMBLA convention? How about a Tea Party rally? What if I were a devout Muslim and refused to enter a church to take pictures of a baptism? Should it be illegal for me to hold to my beliefs? Would it be fair to be setting myself up for a lawsuit?

Let's take things a step further. Do I have the right (as a baker) to make one person pay up front for their wedding cake while letting another pay on delivery?

How can anyone even prove discrimination?

Easy.

Gay couple: Can you cater our wedding?

Caterer: No I can't I'm way to busy.

It's easy to see how busy they actually are. Or how many new non-gay parties they booked after the gay couple came in for the same time.

Edited by Chef Jim