February Mock

Bored ...new look from last month. I could go a hundred different ways.

Rd 1 Lewan Taylor OT. Mich . 6-7 315 nasty streak. E.J. is getting everything he needs to win.

Rd 2 Austin Seferian Jenkins TE Washington 6-6 276 Big Target with hands and some speed.

Rd 3 Shane Skov ILB Stanford 6-2 245 hard hitting savy LB.

Simply put the offseason everyone covers starts with resigning Byrd long term. Then whether it be through the draft or FA, to add starting caliber talent at WR, LG, RT, TE and OLB. The linemen are the easiest to come across in FA, so expect the Bills to address either WR or OLB first round. Either Watkins or Mack being there at 9 is the ideal situation for us.

I don't see picking a RT or a guard at #9 is a good move. If one of those two elite WR or LB's are still there, I'd go with one of them. With all the QB's supposedly going early likely one of them still will be there, if not would trade down.

If Watkins or Mack are on the board, I think you need to go with one of them. If not, and there are no trade-back offers, I think you need to go with either Mosley or one of the OT's. Lewan, Matthews, or Robinson would be instant starters, and a tremendous upgrade to the O-line. Mosley paired with Kiko would be sick IMO.

Bored ...new look from last month. I could go a hundred different ways.

Rd 1 Lewan Taylor OT. Mich . 6-7 315 nasty streak. E.J. is getting everything he needs to win.

Rd 2 Austin Seferian Jenkins TE Washington 6-6 276 Big Target with hands and some speed.

Rd 3 Shane Skov ILB Stanford 6-2 245 hard hitting savy LB.

You mean Taylor Lewan lol. If they do this, I expect the Bills have done their due diligence. But he is/was involved in two potentially criminal issues, one for sucker punching an OSU fan at a bar and one for assisting in a rape cover up at UM. I know Kiper likes him, but having watched him quite a bit this year I don't think he is good enough to overcome some of the character issues to go as high as 9 especially for a team that already has a LT. I know his label is "nasty streak" but I would hope that is on the field only.

I also am not sure about waiting until the 3rd for a LB. Skov is expected to run a pretty bad 40, not sure I think he is a great prospect as a starter in this defense depending on what they end up doing with Kiko (MLB or Weak side LB). I'd like the new starting LB to be able to play all 3 downs.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'll be shocked if ASJ is there at pick 41, and completely flabbergasted if Skov is there in the 3rd.

Sure is fun to think about though

This. And I'll add that I'll cry if Lewan is the pick. Matthews or Robinson I'm completely fine with. Just not Lewan.

You mean Taylor Lewan lol. If they do this, I expect the Bills have done their due diligence. But he is/was involved in two potentially criminal issues, one for sucker punching an OSU fan at a bar and one for assisting in a rape cover up at UM. I know Kiper likes him, but having watched him quite a bit this year I don't think he is good enough to overcome some of the character issues to go as high as 9 especially for a team that already has a LT. I know his label is "nasty streak" but I would hope that is on the field only.

I also am not sure about waiting until the 3rd for a LB. Skov is expected to run a pretty bad 40, not sure I think he is a great prospect as a starter in this defense depending on what they end up doing with Kiko (MLB or Weak side LB). I'd like the new starting LB to be able to play all 3 downs.

Regarding Skov. I agree that I'd like to add a Lb that can excel in coverage as well as vs the run. Skov is best vs the run or blitzing, coverage being his weakness. If we waited until the 3rd and somehow skov was there, I'd be fine with it. Considering how much the nickel D is used, I'm fine with having kiko and Lawson out there in coverage and the rest DBs. When we line up in 3 Lb sets, skov would be a welcome addition, especially at the cost of a 3rd rounder. I think he's fantastic vs the run. Something we need. If we draft a Lb in the first or 2nd, I'd prefer said linebacker had coverage skills to go along with being good vs the run.

What are your thoughts on Borland as a possible 3rd round pick?

This. And I'll add that I'll cry if Lewan is the pick. Matthews or Robinson I'm completely fine with. Just not Lewan.

This is the exact same feeling I have.

Regarding Skov. I agree that I'd like to add a Lb that can excel in coverage as well as vs the run. Skov is best vs the run or blitzing, coverage being his weakness. If we waited until the 3rd and somehow skov was there, I'd be fine with it. Considering how much the nickel D is used, I'm fine with having kiko and Lawson out there in coverage and the rest DBs. When we line up in 3 Lb sets, skov would be a welcome addition, especially at the cost of a 3rd rounder. I think he's fantastic vs the run. Something we need. If we draft a Lb in the first or 2nd, I'd prefer said linebacker had coverage skills to go along with being good vs the run.

What are your thoughts on Borland as a possible 3rd round pick?

Borland in the 3rd would be a nice pick for this D. Aside from that, I actually think Borland can rush the passer and play some OLB in a 3-4, if he went to a team like that. You wouldn't want him rushng the passer a ton like you might with Mack or Mosely but certain blitz packages he can get there. His strength though is on the inside though and I think he would be a great fit for what I know of Schwart'z run D. He may sneak into the bottom of the 2nd. He is not the tallest guy but he reminds me a little of AJ Hawk. He went 5 overall and I think most would agree he was overdrafted, but they have similar styles and getting him in the 3rd would be outstanding. I do think Borland can play in coverage as well as that DPOY, Keuchly, who really isn't even that great in coverage. I think Borland is faster than Skov. Combine will be interesting.

TE or Big WR please. Bills were 29th in red zone touchdown percentage

We can get that in a later round. Do we need to spend the #9 overall pick just to add some size in the red zone? Some of our red zone issues were bad play calls, dropped passes and poor QB throws. Edited by YoloinOhio

This is the exact same feeling I have.

Borland in the 3rd would be a nice pick for this D. Aside from that, I actually think Borland can rush the passer and play some OLB in a 3-4, if he went to a team like that. You wouldn't want him rushng the passer a ton like you might with Mack or Mosely but certain blitz packages he can get there. His strength though is on the inside though and I think he would be a great fit for what I know of Schwart'z run D. He may sneak into the bottom of the 2nd. He is not the tallest guy but he reminds me a little of AJ Hawk. He went 5 overall and I think most would agree he was overdrafted, but they have similar styles and getting him in the 3rd would be outstanding. I do think Borland can play in coverage as well as that DPOY, Keuchly, who really isn't even that great in coverage. I think Borland is faster than Skov. Combine will be interesting.

We can get that in a later round. Do we need to spend the #9 overall pick just to add some size in the red zone? Some of our red zone issues were bad play calls, dropped passes and poor QB throws.

The major question mark I've heard about Borland (other than his size) is that his coverage skills may be lacking. Like you said, the combine will shed some light. I haven't seen Borland play much, maybe 4-6 games in his career. Seems to be around the ball a lot. Would he play mlb and shift kiko over to wlb?

TE or Big WR please. Bills were 29th in red zone touchdown percentage

Do you really want Mike Evans at number 9? There aren't any other tall WRs being discussed that high. Maybe evans or Benjamin with a trade back. Ebron makes more sense to me at 9 than Evans, but drafting a TE so high is a little scary to me. While adding a pass catcher with good size would be great, Sammy Watkins would be better. He's a great red zone target and is just on another level compared to the other WRs IMO.

The major question mark I've heard about Borland (other than his size) is that his coverage skills may be lacking. Like you said, the combine will shed some light. I haven't seen Borland play much, maybe 4-6 games in his career. Seems to be around the ball a lot. Would he play mlb and shift kiko over to wlb?

Do you really want Mike Evans at number 9? There aren't any other tall WRs being discussed that high. Maybe evans or Benjamin with a trade back. Ebron makes more sense to me at 9 than Evans, but drafting a TE so high is a little scary to me. While adding a pass catcher with good size would be great, Sammy Watkins would be better. He's a great red zone target and is just on another level compared to the other WRs IMO.

That is what my thought would be... he is not very tall, which is why I think he'll be 3rd round but he can flat out play. I want to see more of his measurables in combine and pro day.

Borland is a better fit.

Lewan is not.

Watkins is. Evans is not

Jenkins is a good fit but i think he could move up boards and may not be there.

Trading down might put bills in a better position netting us two second rounders this time. Even if we only trade back one or two spots.

lordy i hope the run on Qbs happens before 9 and teams get nervous .

Robinson at 9 unless Watkins or Clowney drop .

I am on the fence about Ebron at 9 .

More work to do and more reading up on what you guys , and others , can dig up and report here .

Borland is a better fit.

Lewan is not.

Watkins is. Evans is not

Jenkins is a good fit but i think he could move up boards and may not be there.

Trading down might put bills in a better position netting us two second rounders this time. Even if we only trade back one or two spots.

lordy i hope the run on Qbs happens before 9 and teams get nervous .

Robinson at 9 unless Watkins or Clowney drop .

I am on the fence about Ebron at 9 .

More work to do and more reading up on what you guys , and others , can dig up and report here .

This