R7
DE AARON LYNCH
USF

Edited by Astrobot

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. I think it would be a successful draft if we bring in a few key free agents. I am doubtful we could land the guy I've been campaigning for @ ILB - Daryl Smith but I think there are a few players out there who could fill us in and do a Kirk Morrison type of job. There will be some decent OL FA's out there to help hit that up front and we really do not have major needs there, just one big need and some possible upgrading.

The only possible question I have in this mock is that we did not draft a DB - not one. I figure we at least look at CB late.

I like it. I think it would be a successful draft if we bring in a few key free agents. I am doubtful we could land the guy I've been campaigning for @ ILB - Daryl Smith but I think there are a few players out there who could fill us in and do a Kirk Morrison type of job. There will be some decent OL FA's out there to help hit that up front and we really do not have major needs there, just one big need and some possible upgrading.

The only possible question I have in this mock is that we did not draft a DB - not one. I figure we at least look at CB late.

Wth do you mean J ?

A Kirk Morrison job ??

He barely saw the field. You mean what we "hoped " he was going to do for Bills. Play the run, downhill

OT GREG ROBINSON

AUBURN

DE STEPHON TUITT

NOTRE DAME

ILB CHRIS BORLAND

WISCONSIN

ILB YAWIN SMALLWOOD

UCONN

QB AARON MURRAY

GEORGIA

WR T.J. JONES

NOTRE DAME

CB WALT AIKENS

LIBERTY

Astro gets that, and I get this, and, "this" is what I am afraid of. This is a BPA oriented draft, and we don't hit the needs very well. We are always ahead of the TEs, then behind the OGs. This is why I want to trade down. We're never even close on WR. The only thing this does is get us LB.

At 1: BPA Don't I have to take Robinson? He was rated 6th, and Watkins was long gone.

At 2: BPA #3 It was this guy, or a slew of CB/S. With the new D, don't I have to take a DE?

At 3: BPA

At 4: #2 BPA The guy ahead was a OT. So, why not?

At 5: BPA

At 6: #4 BPA, but, here we are 6, and I still haven't added a pass catcher, and this guy is 5' 11" :( but WTF else can I do here?)

At 7: BPA

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Wth do you mean J ?

A Kirk Morrison job ??

He barely saw the field. You mean what we "hoped " he was going to do for Bills. Play the run, downhill

He never got the chance. When he was in he was successful and deserved the time over Sheppard. He was set for a 3-4 ILB, as well. We had Nick Barnett and Andra Davis wasting space on our roster that year at ILB. I was never a big fan of Barnett but he did a very good job filling in as a stop gap.

We need a stop gap at ILB.

He never got the chance. When he was in he was successful and deserved the time over Sheppard. He was set for a 3-4 ILB, as well. We had Nick Barnett and Andra Davis wasting space on our roster that year at ILB. I was never a big fan of Barnett but he did a very good job filling in as a stop gap.

We need a stop gap at ILB.

Barnett was good the first season and then fell off horribly. Sheppard.....aaarrrghh

i was calling for Morrison all season long to spell him at least

nothing but weird that situation .

Stop gap.. or solve

TWO MORE TRIES.

Of course you have to take Greg Robinson at 9. Love the top 4 OTs, Mosley, and Ebron at 9.

With Robinson you assure a healthy QB, with AS-J you give him a weapon that can line up as TE or WR, and with Skov you get a guy that flies around like Alonso.

R1 
OT GREG ROBINSON
AUBURN
R2 
TE AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS
WASHINGTON
R3 
ILB SHAYNE SKOV
STANFORD
R4 
RB CARLOS HYDE
OHIO STATE
R5 
QB A.J. MCCARRON
ALABAMA
R6 
DE JOSH MAURO
STANFORD
R7 
DT JAY BROMLEY
SYRACUSE

In the second draft, I never ventured down more than about 7 slots. Manziel fell to 9, and I wanted to see what would happen. I also took the OG who's never seen snow in RD2. Fortunately, I was still able to get one of my top 3 ILB's, a tall target for Johnny in Moncrief, and one of the CBs I think will float up the boards. TE became less of a priority with Man-Zeal.

R1 
QB JOHNNY MANZIEL
TEXAS A&M
R2 
G XAVIER SU’A-FILO
UCLA
R3 
ILB CHRISTIAN JONES
FLORIDA STATE
R4 
WR DONTE MONCRIEF
MISSISSIPPI
R5 
CB KEITH MCGILL
UTAH
R6 
RB TERRANCE WEST
TOWSON
R7 
TE JAKE MURPHY
UTAH

I did a 5 round mock on there, couldn't resist Boyd in the 3rd as top rate EJ knee insurance. Ideally would snag Ebron in trade down.

1----Eric Ebron(TE UNC)

2----Morgan Moses (OL UVA)

3----Tahj Boyd (QB Clemson)

4----Max Bullough (LB MSU)

5----Jordan Zumwalt (LB UCLA)

Did redraft as I didnt love the first one ended up with

1----Sammy Watkins (WR CLEM)

2----Gabe Jackson (OL MissSt)

3----Dominique Easley (DT UF)

5----Tahj Boyd (QB CLEM)

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I did a 5 round mock on there, couldn't resist Boyd in the 3rd as top rate EJ knee insurance. Ideally would snag Ebron in trade down.

1----Eric Ebron(TE UNC)

2----Morgan Moses (OL UVA)

3----Tahj Boyd (QB Clemson)

5----Jordan Zumwalt (LB UCLA)

I noticed you have posted a few times about Boyd in other threads. To me, he looks like a poor man's EJ in the style of how he plays.And I like EJ... but this kid Boyd, I'm not really sold. Maybe I'm wrong.... he has just never really impressed me enough that I would think to spend a 3rd rd pick on him. Throw his Orange Bowl out the window, he was playing against OSU 2nd and 3rd stringers. Devin Gardner had the same game against them and that was with most of their starters. He seems to play well against poor competiton and not so great against better defenses, despite some sick NFL talent at WR. Just my thoughts. Edited by YoloinOhio

Boyd will surprise wherever he lands IMO. He crushed Lsu's top rate defense in years past. Snagged him in 5th round in redraft if you like that better.

Struggles vs South Carolina often. I see him as mcnabb like with plenty of upside. He carries himself on field like a pro JMO.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Well this is better, I think:

WR SAMMY WATKINS

CLEMSON

G DAVID YANKEY

STANFORD

DE CHRIS SMITH

ARKANSAS

QB ZACH METTENBERGER

LSU

ILB JORDAN ZUMWALT

UCLA

RB STORM JOHNSON

UCF

TE JAKE MURPHY

UTAH

I did round 1 a few times and I got Watkins every time. I wonder if it "learns", in that if we all keep selecting Watkins when he's there, and other fans from the teams ahead of us don't, it sort of "pushes" him towards us in simulation? I might poke around and see.

Next, how can you not put Yankey next to Wood, especially when he's BPA? :lol: DE was the same story as last time: lots of DBs and DEs all stacked up, and nothing but a big reach at TE/LB. QB was BPA. LB was #4 BPA. The next BPA and 4th BPA.

It seems like the same thing happens a lot: the 3rd gets stacked up with DB/DE at our spot, far down the BPA list. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they take one of these (and I can't waint for the pissing and moaning :rolleyes:), because it's been the same thing every time. At 3, do we reach way down for LB and TE? Or do you take the best CB/DE available?

R1
WR SAMMY WATKINS
CLEMSON
R2
WASHINGTON
R3
ILB SHAYNE SKOV
STANFORD
R4
OT BILLY TURNER
NORTH DAKOTA STATE
R5
RB JEREMY HILL
LSU
R6
DE JOSH MAURO
STANFORD
R7
DE AARON LYNCH
USF

Good picks but I don't see Mauro on this team even though I'm a big fan, He's a 34 End not 43.

TWO MORE TRIES.

Of course you have to take Greg Robinson at 9. Love the top 4 OTs, Mosley, and Ebron at 9.

With Robinson you assure a healthy QB, with AS-J you give him a weapon that can line up as TE or WR, and with Skov you get a guy that flies around like Alonso.

R1
OT GREG ROBINSON
AUBURN
R2
WASHINGTON
R3
ILB SHAYNE SKOV
STANFORD
R4
RB CARLOS HYDE
OHIO STATE
R5
QB A.J. MCCARRON
ALABAMA
R6
DE JOSH MAURO
STANFORD
R7
DT JAY BROMLEY
SYRACUSE

In the second draft, I never ventured down more than about 7 slots. Manziel fell to 9, and I wanted to see what would happen. I also took the OG who's never seen snow in RD2. Fortunately, I was still able to get one of my top 3 ILB's, a tall target for Johnny in Moncrief, and one of the CBs I think will float up the boards. TE became less of a priority with Man-Zeal.

R1
QB JOHNNY MANZIEL
TEXAS A&M
R2
G XAVIER SU’A-FILO
UCLA
R3
ILB CHRISTIAN JONES
FLORIDA STATE
R4
WR DONTE MONCRIEF
MISSISSIPPI
R5
CB KEITH MCGILL
UTAH
R6
RB TERRANCE WEST
TOWSON
R7
TE JAKE MURPHY
UTAH

I'd being doing back flips with that second draft, MANZIEL!!!

Astro's first draft is best. Really intrigued by Skov in 3rd.

The 3 guys I'd want next to Alonso are Mosley (RD1), Skov (RD2--won't last like this sim shows), or Borland (RD3). I haven't watched enough of Max Bullough, Yawin Smallwood, or Andrew Jackson to know. Telvin Smith is too small although he always is in the play--likely not an NFL runstopper.

Interesting that on about 10 runs Boyd was always there in the 6th. And Johnny Football fell to the 2nd in many rounds. I found that it was best when I chose Robinson in the 1st. I never got the chance for Astro's

R1 - OT GREG ROBINSON

R2 - TE AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS

R3 - ILB SHAYNE SKOV

That would be draft heaven. It was a learning experience. I found myself pressured in the 4th round to draft a safety, thinking about Byrd probably being gone. It even messed up my draft board and strategy when Clinton -Dix was there in the 2nd and I could not refuse. It was a fun sim that really got you thinking and realizing how when talent falls and you can't refuse, it really ruins your strategy.