Conservatives Saving the World

blzrul

I refuse to let mine watch Barney.

I don't like the message that if you love everyone enough, they'll love you back.

It's just not true. Kids need to learn that in the world today there are predatory and ruthless people.

213316[/snapback]

Yeah, its about time we stopped coddling 3 year olds and started toughening them up a bit. :devil:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every thread Ive read on this story has the composer trying to lump ALL Conservatives under this silly Spongebob umbrella. We conservatives have our kooks looking for gay themes in cartoons, you liberals have your kooks looking to legitimize and defend NAMBLA. But most people are smart enough to realize that not all liberals are pedophiles. So stop trying to paint all conservatives as moralist kooks.

Every thread Ive read on this story has the composer trying to lump ALL Conservatives under this silly Spongebob umbrella. We conservatives have our kooks looking for gay themes in cartoons, you liberals have your kooks looking to legitimize and defend NAMBLA. But most people are smart enough to realize that not all liberals are pedophiles. So stop trying to paint all conservatives as moralist kooks.

214089[/snapback]

Now you did it. Just wait until one of the resident libs chimes in claiming that they are just innocent victims, and that they are only doing this because conservatives started the blanket accusations first.

Yeah, its about time we stopped coddling 3 year olds and started toughening them up a bit. :devil:

214073[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

They just had a review of a new book... About childhood through American history... It looks good.

It is: Huck's Raft

Huck's Raft, Steven Mintz

From Publishers Weekly:

No aspect of American life is as shrouded in idealizing myth as childhood. In this compelling work of historical synthesis, University of Houston history professor Mintz argues forcefully—if not originally—that for most of the past three centuries childhood has been the exception rather than the norm. Responding to the exigencies of colonial life, Mintz writes, the Puritans unsentimentally mentored children as "adults in training." With the explosive rise of an urban, factory-based economy in the mid-19th century, childhood first emerged as a discrete period of development...

Now you did it. Just wait until one of the resident libs chimes in claiming that they are just innocent victims, and that they are only doing this because conservatives started the blanket accusations first.

214095[/snapback]

It does show you that labeling leads to polarization which breeds hatred.

no way spongebob is gay...if anyone is, its squidward...

214002[/snapback]

My understanding is that spongebob has been, through some hazy and odd rationalization, a cult hero of the gay community for many years now. The "gayness" of spongebob isn't inherent to spongebob, but is due to the cult following it has.

Personally, I think it's all bull sh--...gays coopt spongebob as a mascot, uber-conservatives attack spongebob as gay. It's a friggin' cartoon, you !@#$ing lunatics!

All...ALL...the parents in the office here have said that they specifically tell their kids to stay in and watch TV and not to go play outside because it's not safe.  And these are people that live, not in run-down drug-filled neighborhoods of DC, but the affluent suburbs.

213866[/snapback]

My weirdo cousin also makes his daughter read books.

That's a shame that some parents like your co-workers shelter their kids like that. We, as a society, are going to be in some serious trouble twenty and thirty years down the line...

My understanding is that spongebob has been, through some hazy and odd rationalization, a cult hero of the gay community for many years now.  The "gayness" of spongebob isn't inherent to spongebob, but is due to the cult following it has. 

Personally, I think it's all bull sh--...gays coopt spongebob as a mascot, uber-conservatives attack spongebob as gay.  It's a friggin' cartoon, you !@#$ing lunatics!

214164[/snapback]

Well, it's not like they can look up to Ellen Degeneres, Dick Simmons, or that guy Pedro from the Real World. Next best thing is a retarded kitchen cleaning implement that wears drawers and lives under the sea.

Well, it's not like they can look up to Ellen Degeneres, Dick Simmons, or that guy Pedro from the Real World.  Next best thing is a retarded kitchen cleaning implement that wears drawers and lives under the sea.

214323[/snapback]

Hey, if I had to choose between those three for a hero, I'd probably be worshipping a sponge too...

Isn't this SpongeBob thing old?

The minute my wife seen SpongeBob for the first time some years ago... She automatically thought he was flaming.

214172[/snapback]

Your wife's first reaction to a cartoon sponge was to analyze its sexual orientation?

:blink:

My understanding is that spongebob has been, through some hazy and odd rationalization, a cult hero of the gay community for many years now.  The "gayness" of spongebob isn't inherent to spongebob, but is due to the cult following it has. 

Personally, I think it's all bull sh--...gays coopt spongebob as a mascot, uber-conservatives attack spongebob as gay.  It's a friggin' cartoon, you !@#$ing lunatics!

214164[/snapback]

Exactly. And then they wonder why people think gays are not normal. They adopt cartoon characters?? Pretty sad.

This is so typical of our modern societies where everybody look scared about everything all the time! (and usually the more "scared" are the ones with the smallest chance to be hit!) Car accidents (ban speed!), heart attacks (ban red meat!), international terrorism (ban foreign people!) , local terrorism (ban lunatics!), pedophils (lock your kids home!) , violence (ban guns!), lung cancer (ban cigarettes!), homosexuals (ban SpongeBob!), foreign movies (ban sex!) , AIDS (ban sex again!), those scary looking guys next door (move to Alaska!). You know what? Life is very very dangerous!! some say you can even die for living! so why not banning it?!! Well that's what 'll happen pretty soon, compared with once we could do, our lives will pretty fast look like deadmen lives! And don't think our leaders will do anything to change this! If there is just on thing in common in GW Bush and J Chirac it's the fact that both have been reelected thanks to the same slogan "with me our country 'll be safer".

Few Points:

1. For every whacked out conservative group, there are 10 whacked out liberal groups.

2. I've always said -- and this isn't just the United States -- that we are becoming too tolerant of homosexuals. It's come to the point that it is encouraged. I don't hate gay people, I don't treat them differently from anyone else, but when it comes to my future children, I don't want them growing up in a world where they think being gay is an option and normal. Whether you believe in God or the Big Bang, Men and Women are created for each other. If it was intended any other way then there would only have been one gender.

This is so typical of our modern societies where everybody look scared about everything all the time! (and usually the more "scared" are the ones with the smallest chance to be hit!) Car accidents (ban speed!), heart attacks (ban red meat!), international terrorism (ban foreign people!) , local terrorism (ban lunatics!), pedophils (lock your kids home!) , violence (ban guns!), lung cancer (ban cigarettes!), homosexuals (ban SpongeBob!), foreign movies (ban sex!) , AIDS (ban sex again!), those scary looking guys next door (move to Alaska!). You know what? Life is very very dangerous!! some say you can even die for living! so why not banning it?!! Well that's what 'll happen pretty soon, compared with once we could do, our lives will pretty fast look like deadmen lives! And don't think our leaders will do anything to change this! If there is just on thing in common in GW Bush and J Chirac it's the fact that both have been reelected thanks to the same slogan "with me our country 'll be safer".

215003[/snapback]

Olivier, I do not know what it is like in france, nor do I pretend to, but in the USA, the left is FAR more likely to ban something than are the conservatives.

I didn't know that you were from the Basque region. Do you see much jai-alai?

I'm not saying anything about the "video" because I have not seen it...

but, why do I or my children have to respect or tolerate the "sexual identity" of others if they are practicing something that I don't agree with?

http://www.tolerance.org/101_tools/declaration.html

"Tolerance is a personal decision that comes from a belief that every person is a treasure. I believe that America's diversity is its strength. I also recognize that ignorance, insensitivity and bigotry can turn that diversity into a source of prejudice and discrimination.

To help keep diversity a wellspring of strength and make America a better place for all, I pledge to have respect for people whose abilities, beliefs, culture, or race, sexual identity or other characteristics are different from my own."

213657[/snapback]

From what I have read, the tolerance pledge is not in the video. The video is not about tolerance of people's sexual preferences. Just a point I wanted to make.

Given the rules of this PC gutless generation I see, that is afraid of anything different, it is good that Howdy Doody is not still around! Now THERE was a real gay puppet (not that there is anything wrong with that :w00t: ). Remember the cartoons with Bugs Bunny dressed as a drag queen? Did that make anyone gay or did it make people laugh?

Is this the same organization that banned Mighty Mouse from getting his powers by sniffing a flower (obviously an opium poppy)?

Where does it end?

My wife runs a daycare. The kids love Sponge Bog, Jimmy Neutron, Bob the Builder, Elmo... They see entertaining cartoons not gay propaganda! It is the adults who read into it.

...I don't want them growing up in a world where they think being gay is an option and normal...

216712[/snapback]

That's your opinion but it is not mine.

216753[/snapback]

But, should your opinions be thrust upon MY children?

...and should my opinions be thrust upon your children?