Pettine picks shanahan

section122

BTW, Dan Quinn, DC of the Seahawks said last night that he'd have taken the Browns job if they had offered it to him. I wonder if the Browns are having second thoughts? Hell what am I saying? After what they pulled with Chud, they have to have second thoughts about everyone.

The Browns media were crowing on Twitter last night about how bad Adam Gase looked (because the 3 Stooges wanted him initially)... then they realized that Dan Quinn was the one who was actually interested in the job and they could have had, and started asking if it was too soon to fire MP.

Truthfully I feel like it would have been way too long to wait to hire a HC considering their OC and DC were already gone and they had to rebuild almost the entire coaching staff. But man, Quinn looks like the real deal. He was interviewed on Mike & Mike this morning and I was very impressed.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Another guy who got everywhere in life because of daddy. I'd be very disappointed as a Browns' fans.

The Browns media were crowing on Twitter last night about how bad Adam Gase looked (because the 3 Stooges wanted him initially)... then they realized that Dan Quinn was the one who was actually interested in the job and they could have had, and started asking if it was too soon to fire MP.

Truthfully I feel like it would have been way too long to wait to hire a HC considering their OC and DC were already gone and they had to rebuild almost the entire coaching staff. But man, Quinn looks like the real deal. He was interviewed on Mike & Mike this morning and I was very impressed.

Haha. The Browns should fire Pettine. That'd be great. Seriously, Seattle's defense was one of the most impressive things I've ever seen. Pettine's defense got shredded by Brandon Weeden. Quinn would be such a sexier hire.

Advantage Marrone. DC and assistants that Marrone has hired to replace Pettine and his departed staff is a lot more impressive than what Pettine's done. In addition, after the butt whopping Seattle put on the Broncos offense, Cleveland might be kicking themselves for not waiting another week for Quinn.

Really poor choice. He should have gone old school or new age college but to go with Shanahan's kid is just dumb. There is no way to know how much his father did or did not get involved in the day to day and in game decisions. He did not develop RG3 as a pocket passer. I feel sad for Pettine.

Yes, really poor choice. Gailey's downfall in Buffalo was his poor choices for Defensive Coordinators. If you don't get good people on your staff who are competant, then you fail as a manager. you not only have to field the best players, you have to field the organization (coaches) that also are winners.

BTW, Dan Quinn, DC of the Seahawks said last night that he'd have taken the Browns job if they had offered it to him. I wonder if the Browns are having second thoughts? Hell what am I saying? After what they pulled with Chud, they have to have second thoughts about everyone.

That is so classic. I am sure Haslam and co. are besides themselves.

I have to laugh at this. They were so desperate, they hired an inferior candidate. Seatlle's defense is downright scary, ours wasn't (at least not yet). If I was a Browns fan, I would be under my covers crying.

Interesting pick since the Redskin faithful felt Kyle was the biggest problem on the team. They wanted Kyle out 3 years ago.

He was the mastermind of the Redskins awful offense last year. I would have thought Pettine would have picked an OC with a successful record. Cleveland will be worse than they were last year but they will retain Pettine another year before letting him go.

After landing in the New World, Cortez burned his ships in order to motivate this men. By guaranteeing that the Browns will have an incompetent offense he has motivated his defensive players and coaches to do their best.

Had they waited another week and a half, little would have changed. There were no other coaching vacancies to take away any of the available assistants and at worst, Quinn would do what Pettine did and raid his former team's staff and hire Mike Shanahan.

I have to laugh at this. They were so desperate, they hired an inferior candidate. Seatlle's defense is downright scary, ours wasn't (at least not yet). If I was a Browns fan, I would be under my covers crying.

Well to be fair, we'll see. Quinn might just be the beneficiary of inheriting an already great defense that was already on its way to being dominant and Pettine might just be a great head coach.

Another guy who got everywhere in life because of daddy. I'd be very disappointed as a Browns' fans.

Haha. The Browns should fire Pettine. That'd be great. Seriously, Seattle's defense was one of the most impressive things I've ever seen. Pettine's defense got shredded by Brandon Weeden. Quinn would be such a sexier hire.

One point of emphasis I think is important to understand regarding Quinn: this is Pete Carroll's D. I'm not saying Quinn hasn't done an excellent job; he absolutely has. Just remember that Gus Bradley did an outstanding job last year as well, and when he left, there was absolutely zero drop off.

That said, Bradley seems to be turning things around a bit in Jacksonville, so Quinn could certainly be a viable HC candidate.

Advantage Marrone. DC and assistants that Marrone has hired to replace Pettine and his departed staff is a lot more impressive than what Pettine's done. In addition, after the butt whopping Seattle put on the Broncos offense, Cleveland might be kicking themselves for not waiting another week for Quinn.

Have to agree re: Marrone's off-season hires...very, very impressive.

I wouldn't put it past the Browns to now fire Pettine, that organization is truly the pits.

Oh just you wait...imagine if Houston falls in love with Johnny Football and picks him No. 1 overall...and then St. Louis gets seduced by Clowney at 2...prompting Jacksonville to take Bridgewater at 3.

Total panic in Cleveland at No. 4...

One point of emphasis I think is important to understand regarding Quinn: this is Pete Carroll's D. I'm not saying Quinn hasn't done an excellent job; he absolutely has. Just remember that Gus Bradley did an outstanding job last year as well, and when he left, there was absolutely zero drop off.

That said, Bradley seems to be turning things around a bit in Jacksonville, so Quinn could certainly be a viable HC candidate.

Have to agree re: Marrone's off-season hires...very, very impressive.

Oh just you wait...imagine if Houston falls in love with Johnny Football and picks him No. 1 overall...and then St. Louis gets seduced by Clowney at 2...prompting Jacksonville to take Bridgewater at 3.

Total panic in Cleveland at No. 4...

I agree with both of these. I think Bradley is doing a good job and he got rave reviews for his coaching at the Sr. Bowl. Although Pete is the architect of the defense, Quinn is mostly creating the game plan and calling the plays, I assume, because of Pete's HC duties.

DailyNFLfantasy@dailyNFLfantasy 17m

#NFLFantasy ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on NFL Insiders that new Browns OC Kyle Shanahan "loves" Kirk Cousins.

I think it's cute that they think Banner and Lombardi will let Shanny Jr. have any say in the who the QB is.

Well to be fair, we'll see. Quinn might just be the beneficiary of inheriting an already great defense that was already on its way to being dominant and Pettine might just be a great head coach.

That's perfectly fine. People who do great work are usually standing on the shoulders of giants. Pettine didn't create the defense he ran, very few people do nowadays. It really doesn't matter if Pete Carroll or the good Lord Himself designed Seattle's defense, as long as Quinn can make a carbon copy of it and successfully run it (which he has proven he can do) he'll be a huge asset to a team looking for a new HC.