T. Jackson forgot his time in buffalo

He was traded to buffalo. So it wasn't really his choice to come sit on the bench.

Then likely told he'd have a shot to compete if he came back.

It was a shot at Buffalo management i thought .

Not that I care really . But he sounded snotty to me.

He knew the deal.

and now..

I 'm over it .

Edited by 3rdand12

As long-suffering Bills fans, I think we're all a little over sensitive to this stuff. Everyone has bad memories of a job they didn't like and I don't think NFL players are any different.

i agree with this. But I am more inclined to hold accountability to the player vs. the organization when a guy doesn't "get his chance." I don't claim to know anything about what happened behind the scenes here after he was signed. But the theme in the NFL is that if you are good enough and show the ability to learn the system, which takes a certain level of work and dedication, you will play. When that doesn't happen and a guy doesn't play or gets cut, I tend to believe it was not the organization screwing up, it was the player. That doesn't mean that the player won't get it together eventually. Edited by YoloinOhio

i agree with this. But I am more inclined to hold accountability to the player vs. the organization when a guy doesn't "get his chance." I don't claim to know anything about what happened behind the scenes here after he was signed. But the theme in the NFL is that if you are good enough and show the ability to learn the system, which takes a certain level of work and dedication, you will play. When that doesn't happen and a guy doesn't play or gets cut, I tend to believe it was not the organization screwing up, it was the player. That doesn't mean that the player won't get it together eventually.

yea but coaches and situations are often to blame also. its an imperfect process and sometimes things simply dont work out right for the best player. generally speaking you are probably right but sometimes (and im guilty of it too) we lean to hard on "coaches did it so it must be right" despite pretty large volumes of guys mishandling things.

yea but coaches and situations are often to blame also. its an imperfect process and sometimes things simply dont work out right for the best player. generally speaking you are probably right but sometimes (and im guilty of it too) we lean to hard on "coaches did it so it must be right" despite pretty large volumes of guys mishandling things.

Absolutely, it can be any of those things and more that lead to an unhappy ending with a player. I just tend (personally) to veer toward the player could have maybe done more and made more of the opportunity to "get his chance." Browns fans here still cry about Brady Quinn not "getting a fair shake" in Cleveland. Well, he played in enough games for the coaches and FO to see he wasn't good enough. He then went on to not be good enough in Denver, KC, NYJ, Seattle... at some point it is not the organizations holding a player back. That is just one example and has nothing to to with TJ (other than he beat out BQ for the 2nd string spot in Seattle this year). It is just how I look at things rather than immediately saying - The Bills screwed up!

That's a shame. He should be counting his lucky stars that Buffalo did the classy thing and released him early so that he could find work (back-up work). In hind sight they should have kept him.

It did seem we let him go very professionally . To give him an opportunity maybe thats not true but..