What did we get for Marshawn Lynch?

B. Nix traded younng stud R1 pick RB M. Lynch to Seattle for a R4 & R5 picks, which turn into OT Hairston and LB Carder, both of no longer play for the Bills.

Meanwhile Lynch absolutely tears up the NFL, runs for 4600+ yds and 41 TDs, becomes a top 3 fantasy football player, and greatly helps the lowly Seakhawks to become one of the top two teas in the NFL with a chance to win the SB in the 2-13-2014 season.

It's these kinds of decisions and faulty, incompetent deals that have put the Bills squarely where they are today..............out of the playoff for 13 straight years and counting.

Even the Browns were able to pry a R1 pick from Indy for RB T. Richardson.

But no, not Buffalo. Buffalo gets so used cleats and a box of tape for a guy is now one of the most dominant players in the entire league.

Why draft Lynch when you already have Jackson and Spiller?? Why draft Lynch is you know he has personal issues?? Why do the Bills continue to waste their most precious assets (their high draft picks) on players that they're not going to keep.

Nix should be ashamed of himself.

Watching Lynch dominate the league and lead a once lowly team like Seattle to the promise land has to make any Bills fan extremelty sick to their stomach.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B. Nix traded younng stud R1 pick RB M. Lynch to Seattle for a R4 & R5 picks, which turn into OT Hairston and LB Carder, both of no longer play for the Bills.

Meanwhile Lynch absolutely tears up the NFL, runs for 4600+ yds and 41 TDs, becomes a top 3 fantasy football player, and greatly helps the lowly Seakhawks to become one of the top two teas in the NFL with a chance to win the SB in the 2-13-2014 season.

It's these kinds of decisions and faulty, incompetent deals that have put the Bills squarely where they are today..............out of the playoff for 13 straight years and counting.

But no, not Buffalo. Buffalo gets so used cleats and a box of tape for a guy is now one of the most dominant players in the entire league.

Why draft Lynch when you already have Jackson and Spiller?? Why draft Lynch is you know he has personal issues?? Why do the Bills continue to waste their most precious assets (their high draft picks) on players that they're not going to keep.

Watching Lynch dominate the league and lead a once lowly team like Seattle to the promise land has to make any Bills fan extremelty sick to their stomach.

Yeah revisionist history but can't say I do not agree with everything you have stated. Decisions like this have kept the bills out of the playoffs this decade. The Bills never seem to use the draft to add pieces to the puzzle, they mostly draft to replace pieces that they let walk away. They will be doing the same thing this year if they let Byrd walk. You can't keep letting pro bowl caliber players walk for little or no return & expect to ever improve.

Yeah revisionist history but can't say I do not agree with everything you have stated. Decisions like this have kept the bills out of the playoffs this decade. The Bills never seem to use the draft to add pieces to the puzzle, they mostly draft to replace pieces that they let walk away. They will be doing the same thing this year if they let Byrd walk. You can't keep letting pro bowl caliber players walk for little or no return & expect to ever improve.

Well said.

CBF

Yep, bad trade one made out of desperation since Bills decided, in spite of several more pressing needs to draft Spiller. It's revisionist history, but at the time Bills wanted to deal him badly and panicked. I'm sure a more savvy GM could have gotten more. Seattle gave up a 1st for Harvin last year, I'm sure that same crew would have given up a 2nd. Another notch in Buddy's "is he the worst GM in Bills history" belt.

http://m.si.com/3826090/1056a725/

I like the part where the author wrote that Lynch and his agent went to Nix on his first day as GM and requested a trade.

I can't really hate Lynch too much even after reading that. He needed to get out though, just had too much negative happen during his time in Buffalo.

With that being said I'm still SHOCKED that we only got a 4th and 5th for him... just poor front office work. I would have been happy with a 2nd and 5th maybe, as they wanted multiple picks I'm sure to try to fill all the holes, but man 4th and 5th rd??? I don't really know too much about our 4th and 5th rounders from this year, so that is still the dumb move.

They did a terrible job with leverage... running him to death the first couple games of the season to audition. Everyone know what was going on there, should have got more in return!!!

They drafted Spiller after having Lynch and Jackson -not the other way around. Totally agree though that the compensation was too low. They put themselves in a situation where they had to dump him and got minimal value. Supposedly the Saints were willing to give at least a 3rd but the Bills never called.

What is most perplexing is that Lynch wasn't actively shopped before the Spiller selection. I think they went into all-protect mode so as to not give away they wanted to deal Spiller, but that mentality also meant getting less in return for ML. That is, if they'd sought to deal him on draft weekend when it's most ideal to deal a more disgruntled player.

Instead, ML wasn't dealt until early October 2010. When they had 3 backs who could potentially start.

At least, we're not still crying about a trade that happen nearly 4 years ago when both backs on our roster have a higher career ypc than Lynch and haven't run anyone over with weed and guns in their car. Oh wait.

But to think we could have had Bryan Bulaga instead of Spiller!

At least, we're not still crying about a trade that happen nearly 4 years ago when both backs on our roster have a higher career ypc than Lynch and haven't run anyone over with weed and guns in their car. Oh wait.

But to think we could have had Bryan Bulaga instead of Spiller!

I blame Aaron Maybin.

One thing: last I checked, Hairston still plays for the BILLS and without injury would have been their starting RT. That's not to say that hindsight proves this trade to be largely slanted in the Seahawks' favor, but just wanted to point that out. Also to consider, many on this board, while not happy about it, understood it at the time because Lynch was one more run in with the law away from a pretty good suspension, 8 games I think was his next step if I'm not mistaken - but certainly could be. Lynch just didn't do well in Buffalo - on a personal level. It could have been separation from his family, and yes I know he is now in Seattle, but West Coast is still much closer than Buffalo. It could also be he bonded with Coach Carroll as Carroll was used to coaching guys at USC from the Southern California area and it greatly improved his maturity and ability to handle all of the non-football related issues off the field. However, he did just get fined by the NFL for not speaking to the media, with that fine held in abeyance based on continued cooperation with NFL media guidelines, and that speaks to some continued resistance to handle the NFL obligations off the field. Either way, he's done real well in Seattle and wish him the best. I remember his first TD with the BILLS and loved what I saw, but sometimes what gets lost in all of this, is that these are young kids coming out of college and getting their first real job. It takes a little time, patience, and strong guidance to help them avoid these types of mistakes. In retrospect it would have been nice to get more for Lynch, but I understood the feeling in trading him at the time as well.

and still is one screw up away.

And has a pending DUI case (that for whatever reason Goodell has done nothing about).

I hope he really did mature. He came from a tough background and is a good player. But he single handedly is the reason he's not on the Bills. And luckily for him, it worked out for him.