Super Bowl XLVIII Picks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a gambling perspective, the spread rarely matters in the playoffs , so I usually just bet the money line.

I love the Seahawks in this game, but the money line so small taking the 2.5

Hawks 27-17,with no offensive TD accounting for 14 of their points.

If this game were @ SEA I'd probably go with the Seahawks. They are a great D at home, a very good D on the road. I thought all along that SF would win a close NFC title game (Kaep's late INT took care of that) and SF would have been a bigger threat to DEN than the 'hawks. Their D is almost as good as SEA, and their offense is much more balanced. Wilson can move around and extend plays, but is not as big an X factor as Kaep is for SF. Seattle has D to keep game close, but too many matchups in favor of Denver's O. Broncos have done a good job vs run as of late. Have to go with the better QB here, Peyton Manning gets his second SB title. Broncos 28 Seahawks 20

I've got the Seahawks. Denver hasn't seen a D like this. The game I saw which a D played well against the Broncos was their loss to the Chargers. I think that the pressure will get to Manning and while he doesn't take sacks the Seahawks DBs won't get beat on the hot reads. Seahawks offense pounds the ball with the occasional big play to Harvin. Seattle 24 Denver 20

Denver 34, Seattle 17

Tells me everything I need to know about my understanding of this game right there.

Did anyone come close? Glancing through, it didn't look like anyone had a severely lopsided prediction.

kj