Jameis Winston wearing Bills gear on Twitter

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules are different for your own kid, but they are very obtuse. My wife was trying to have a contest for 12 y/o soccer players a couple years ago and went through the NCAA to make sure she wasnt unintentionally screwing them over. They were completely not helpful and would not give her a yes or no answer on whether or not she was doing something permissable or not.

The general rule is if it's something you receive by being an athlete that isnt available to the student body (apart from equipment provided by your AD) it's against the rules. Anything. Take that in for a minute then remember these kids cant get jobs during the year and some of them are dirt poor in general. Then you'll get a better read on how the NCAA is truly dicking them over when they sell their likenesses to companies and sell shirts with their names on them and then dont give them a cut.

I get that they're getting their education and their room and board for free and theres value to that but a regular kid on scholarship gets that too but doesnt owe the university big chunks of their time in return. The kid on scholarship can get a job and often does. The athlete can't do that because their job is playing their sport. The time demands are massive and last all year, not just their season. The concept of voluntary workouts is comical at best.

EJ Manuel is am FSU Booster for life and as such can never give anything of value to any current FSU player or potential FSU recruit for the rest of his life. For example, he can't give Tyrone Wheatley Jr. a Christmas gift because he's a potential FSU recruit and EJ is a FSU Booster by definition. On the flip side Tyrone Wheatley Sr. can't treat the Canisius HS football team (for which his son plays) to dinner as a reward for their great season because he is a Michigan booster for life and they are potential recruits.

Well.....at least they exempt parents. Still crazy though. One would think that there should be a small maximum spend allowed to cover friends(& extended family) giving Birthday/Christmas presents or paying for lunch(or a drink) when appropriately normal. It's laughable really. Good friend(& new millionaire) EJ calls in on his friend Winston to catch up.....they go out to lunch.....but only McChucks because that's all Winston can afford. I guess common sense is difficult to legislate sometimes.

Winless for Winston

? He finally played a decent defense in the NC game and looked awful until the last drive. So you want to waste a whole season to draft this kid.... maybe see what he does next year before coming to that decision. And remember that only one Heisman winning QB in the last 26 years has won a playoff game. Tim Tebow, out of the league 2 years later.

? He finally played a decent defense in the NC game and looked awful until the last drive. So you want to waste a whole season to draft this kid.... maybe see what he does next year before coming to that decision. And remember that only one Heisman winning QB in the last 26 years has won a playoff game. Tim Tebow, out of the league 2 years later.

This post is factually incorrect.

1.) he faces more than 1 decent defense.

2.) no one is really serious about losing out for Winston, it's called a joke.

3.) you may want to fact check that Heisman stat

Lose for future Wins-tons

Hey just brainstormin here

I see where you're going.

Grammatically wouldn't it be. Lose for future Wins, Tons!

Ja mis wins? tons!

Lose now ; Wins, tons, later.

Ja mis wins? tons!

Hey you even got the chant part

Lose for future Wins, Tons!

... and some team is gonna be serious about it I bet

from never met her before to oh I guess I have to consensual - disappointing the human race

Glad to see you know all the facts. You must especially like the one about the toxicology reports showing that she was not drunk or drugged.

Edit: Rape is terrible. But false accusations hurt actual rape victims (and the accused) because then it causes skepticism of legitimate rapes.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Ja mis wins? tons!

What was the other decent defense he faced prior to Auburn? You can fact check with Fox Sports on the Heisman stat... they ran it after Cam Newton lost. But can you think of another QB who won a Heisman since 1986 when Testaverde won, to start and win a playoff game until now, other than Tebow? Edited by YoloinOhio

Glad to see you know all the facts. You must especially like the one about the toxicology reports showing that she was not drunk or drugged.

Edit: Rape is terrible. But false accusations hurt actual rape victims (and the accused) because then it causes skepticism of legitimate rapes.

+1, she made a bunch of claims that were proven false which led to the case not going to court. When people make false allegations it hurts the accused and future real victims. I have no sympathy for liars.

+1, she made a bunch of claims that were proven false which led to the case not going to court. When people make false allegations it hurts the accused and future real victims. I have no sympathy for liars.

Actually, the case didn't "go to court" because the DA didn't want to charge him---because they didn't think they could get a conviction, not because they thought he didn't do it.

I think a lot more is going to come out in the civil trial, where he will have to testify or forfeit the judgement. In fact, everyone (his room mate, his parents, the Emergency Department staff, the friends she called immediately after the incident, including the ones who called the police for her) will be deposed. A skilled plaintiff's lawyer should be able to cross this mush mouthed kid pretty effectively..

The guy's a rapist.. but more importantly, a NATIONAL CHAMPION!! :sick:

You must have been an eyewitness to make this claim, shame on you for not coming forward.

Fair enough.. Let's just blame the victim then.

YOUR DNA can not be a false positive

So it was consensual. He never said he didn't have sex with her just that he didn't rape her. Your DNA inside of a female does not make you a rapist.

from never met her before to oh I guess I have to consensual - disappointing the human race

+2

Actually, the case didn't "go to court" because the DA didn't want to charge him---because they didn't think they could get a conviction, not because they thought he didn't do it.

I think a lot more is going to come out in the civil trial, where he will have to testify or forfeit the judgement. In fact, everyone (his room mate, his parents, the Emergency Department staff, the friends she called immediately after the incident, including the ones who called the police for her) will be deposed. A skilled plaintiff's lawyer should be able to cross this mush mouthed kid pretty effectively..

Y'all take this conversation to PM's if it needs to continue.