Jameis Winston wearing Bills gear on Twitter

Sorry, when you say he is uncoachable, I assume there is something more than a hunch and some old media stories. He seemed very coachable this year; that's why I asked. I was wondering what you saw this year that prompted you to say he is or might be uncoachable.

As we all know, NFL coaches have to deal with far worse crimes committed by their onw players than those committed by JM. In fact, the Bills just picked a troubled WR from another team who, because of a laundry list of issues, was let go. Yet our coaching staff and FO must have thought he was very coachable.

If the NFL coaches couldn't handle "hard partying" 20-25 year old recent BOMC's then there would either be no NFL HC's left or very few NFL players on rosters.

Looks like it is just a difference of opinion on a draft prospect. I may be more sensitive to what I and others perceive to be his red flags because there is a real chance we get stuck with him leading our team and that, to me, is a risk. I do think it would set the Browns back years if he doesn't work out because they just cut the QB they drafted in the 1st rd two years ago and fired the head coach they hired 1 year ago. The Browns are trying to come across as a more professional organization and I think will start following what I think is the more intelligent route of allowing a rookie QB and head coach to establish a system and develop, instead of having the inability to commit to anything for more than a year. At least I hope we aren't going through this again next year.

NFL teams reach back way further than that. No one said the guy isn't going to be drafted high.Quite the opposite.

Yes, they certainly do. Like you, I think that he will be a good QB in the NFL. He's accurate and makes plays. I just see others I like better for the Browns in particular. Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What doe's any of this crap have to do with Jameis Winston wearing Bills gear on Twitter?

Haha, nothing. I resurrected an old Winston thread yesterday instead of starting a new one when the new article came out on his investigation - mainly because it didn't relate to the Bills so wasn't sure where to put it. The red flags of Winston regarding if/how it could affect his draft stock next year got compared to JM's red flags of 2013 and if/how it could affect his draft stock this year.

Posting and drinking apparently don't mix well for you....better to let a cooler head prevail and carefully examine what your intentions were / are when asking some questions about a potentially violent crime toward women versus a questionably volatile, immature young man who has improved his off the field behavior....

Actually, my intention was pretty simple and clear--to point out that violent crimes towards women (or any violent crime) is far more worrisome than a spoiled jock partying in his first year as a top college player. I felt it was ridiculous to bring JF and his lame "criminal history" into a discussion about a guy who may have raped someone--that to me, they are no way even comparable.

I'm really not sure how you missed that.

NFL teams reach back way further than that. No one said the guy isn't going to be drafted high.Quite the opposite.

There isn't much "way back" for this kid....and if you truly believe he is going to be drafted highly, what is the point of debating how significantly this will affect his draft status (red flags, coachablilty)? Sounds like you also believe that the GMs that might have the opportunity to pick him aren't worried.

Looks like it is just a difference of opinion on a draft prospect. I may be more sensitive to what I and others perceive to be his red flags because there is a real chance we get stuck with him leading our team and that, to me, is a risk. I do think it would set the Browns back years if he doesn't work out because they just cut the QB they drafted in the 1st rd two years ago and fired the head coach they hired 1 year ago. The Browns are trying to come across as a more professional organization and I think will start following what I think is the more intelligent route of allowing a rookie QB and head coach to establish a system and develop, instead of having the inability to commit to anything for more than a year. At least I hope we aren't going through this again next year.

Yes, they certainly do. Like you, I think that he will be a good QB in the NFL. He's accurate and makes plays. I just see others I like better for the Browns in particular.

Unfortunatley for you, your FO is a clown car. Hopefully, your next owner will do a better assembling his staff. I'm betting that any GM considering drafting JF is basing his decision on his potential to play a the NFL level the way he played in college. I'm believe that, after interviewing him and his TAM coaches, they aren't going to base their choice on his past issues to any signficant degree, if at all.

If I was a Browns fan, I would be excited about a guy like JF, if drafted. If he doesn't work out, NEXT! As I said upstream, the only 1st round QB pick that sets you back is the one you hang onto for too long. The new CBA and higher cap have made top 1st round picks, in a purely financial sense, completely disposable.

I appreciate your point of view. I agree to disagree.

Actually, my intention was pretty simple and clear--to point out that violent crimes towards women (or any violent crime) is far more worrisome than a spoiled jock partying in his first year as a top college player. I felt it was ridiculous to bring JF and his lame "criminal history" into a discussion about a guy who may have raped someone--that to me, they are no way even comparable.

I'm really not sure how you missed that.

Most likely it was due to the tenor of your statements / questions and that you never know what the race / gender / ethnicity is of the person you're responding to and to carefully consider the sensitivity of the issue....alleged rape vs. a potential indulgence in alcohol as a coping mechanism is very different, to that extent we agree...it wasn't your statement or even your question to Cleveland Rocks? that caused me to take notice, it was more the *way it was done....but, that's just my take.

Most likely it was due to the tenor of your statements / questions and that you never know what the race / gender / ethnicity is of the person you're responding to and to carefully consider the sensitivity of the issue....alleged rape vs. a potential indulgence in alcohol as a coping mechanism is very different, to that extent we agree...it wasn't your statement or even your question to Cleveland Rocks? that caused me to take notice, it was more the *way it was done....but, that's just my take.

I understand. I didn't consider the demographics of the poster--because I assumed that all groups and subgroups looked upon the possibility of a rapist on their team as much more alarming and disturbing than a college sophomore who drank a lot when he partied with his bros.

I was therefore surprised when the poster identified herself as a woman and still said she had signficant reservations about the kid who parties and labeled him a scary pick. I guess there are many degrees of scary, that's all.

Again, I apologize for any confusion. It was just a simple comment and really didn't anticipate it would cause such a stir... "scary" just in terms of a draft pick was what I meant. I will be sure to choose my words more careful in the future! :)

No need to apologize! I didn't mean to be aggressive. Cheers!