Attention Draftniks!

Trader

This is a good way to get out of the depressing D coordinator slump. Sorry I posted a bad link. Suggest you use google search to go to: Fanspeak mock draft. they have a very cool simulator. Pick your team and you will get lists of players ranked overall and by position. You draft a player you choose and the simulator completes the round.

Edited by Trader

that site is really annoying, …. am I supposed to be able to make picks? I can't get it to hold still, and when it does, it won't allow me to do anything …. and I'm not paying it any $

There is no charge for this. I gave you a bad link just google: Fanspeak mock draft. I am sorry for the bad link.

I just did one & thought that it was pretty unrealistic. I liked the site better last year where you could trade down & up. At any rate I ended up with:

1st - Sammy Watkins (WR Clemson)

2nd- Austin Seferian- Jenkins (TE Washington)

3rd - Xavier Sua- Filo (OG UCLA)

4th - Carlos Hyde (RB OSU)

5th - Jimmy Garappolo (QB Eastern Illinois)

6th - Boseko Lokombo (OLB Oregon)

7th - Jay Bromley (DT Syracuse)

I guess that I would be really happy with that draft but don't think that it is realistic. It gives you 3 starters for sure. I didn't get the LB that I wanted (Max Bullough). He went the pick before the 4th round pick.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

The player rankings are in flux reflecting the reality of players draft stock. I like that you can see who other teams draft and run the simulator again and again. After a few tries I got: 9

WR SAMMY WATKINS

CLEMSON

S HA’SEAN CLINTON-DIX

ALABAMA

OT JA’WUAN JAMES

TENNESSEE

RB ANDRE WILLIAMS

BOSTON COLLEGE

QB DAVID FALES

SAN JOSE STATE

OT SEANTREL HENDERSON

MIAMI

CB LAVELLE WESTBROOKS

GEORGIA SOUTHERN I got shut out on a ILB as well. There are not a lot of them in this draft I will run it many more times before the real draft takes place. Last night when I first ran it Cyril Richardson a guard was ranked number one in the draft -you know that is not realistic. The closer to draft day and post combine I think the ranking will get much more real. Like it wrote it is a toy and it beats fretting over the Defensive coaching staff.

YOUR PICKS

PLAYERS AVAILABLE

How long does it take to simulate?

I have been waiting 5 minutes to make my pick and it hasnt come up yet

CBF

Mine takes about ten seconds each pick.

How long does it take to simulate?

I have been waiting 5 minutes to make my pick and it hasnt come up yet

CBF

It was pretty instantaneous for me.

My Draft:

Anthony Barr OLB - UCLA

Austin Sefarian Jenkins TE - Washington

Gabe Jackson G Miss St.

Carlos Hyde RB OSU

Garropolo

Ryan Carethers DT Arkansas St

TJ Jones WR Notre Dame

I liked the first 3 picks so much I went luxury for my next 2. I agree with it being unrealistic but just for fun I pulled a bpa draft and it came out horribly. I won't even share the results It was so bad (2qbs, 2rbs, no tes or lbs)

It's definitely a fun little tool. Thanks for sharing OP! :thumbsup:

I can look at mocks all day and not be bored, but this was kind of lame. Stephen Tuitt #6 overall to Atlanta?

This is what I ended up with. Fix the O

QB JOHNNY MANZIEL

TEXAS A&M

G ZACK MARTIN

NOTRE DAME

OT JAMES HURST

UNC

WR ROBERT HERRON

WYOMING

RB JAMES WILDER JR.

FLORIDA STATE

ILB JAMES MORRIS

IOWA

TE COLT LYERLA

OREGON

I ended up with:

1) Greg Robinson - OT - Auburn

2) Austin Seferian-Jenkins - TE - Washington

3) Xavier Su'a-Filo - G - UCLA

4) Jackson Jeffcoat - DE - Texas

5) Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Eastern Illinois

6) Jay Bromley - DT - Syracuse

7) Ross Cockrell - CB - Duke

I wanted to hit some needs with the first few picks. Then I started looking at value with Jeffcoat. I liked what I saw from Garoppolo in East-West Shrine game and in Senior Bowl practices so far, so in Round 5 I thought that was a no-brainer. In Round 6, I've watched Jay Bromley his entire career at Syracuse and he has vastly improved each year. He's a beast and decent value for a late pick. Finally, I watched Cockrell in the East-West Shrine game as well and thought we could do worse with a 7th rounder.

In this scenario, I think we'd need to get some LB and WR help from Free Agency. Also, I admittedly haven't done all of my research yet on most draft prospects, so this was just a fun shot in the dark.

Last one today 1. LB Dee Ford- Auburn, 2. OT Antonio Richardson- TN, 3. WR Brandon Coleman- Rutgers, 4. G/T Michael Schofield- Michigan, 5. CB/S Keith McGill- Utah, 6. QB Logan Thomas- Virginia Tech. 7. TE Crockett Gilmore- Colorado State

Edited by Trader

This is what I came up with...

Top-10 picks were (very realistic, in my opinion)...

1. Johnny Manziel - Houston

2. Jake Matthews - Rams

3. Teddy Bridgewater - Jaguars

4. Sammy Watkins - Browns

5. Khalil Mack - Raiders

6. Jadaveon Clowney - Falcons

7. Eric Ebron - Buccaneers

8. Blake Bortles - Vikings

My picks...(with a couple second options I had a hard time deciding between...I would be ecstatic about any combination of these picks.)

9. Anthony Barr - OLB/UCLA (or WR/TAMU - Mike Evans)

41. Kelvin Benjamin - WR/FSU (or TE/UW - Austin Seferian-Jenkins)

73. Aaron Donald - DE-DT/Pitt (or DT/TENN - Daniel McCullers)

105. Max Bullough - ILB/MSU

137. Jimmy Garoppolo - QB/EIU

169. Michael Schofield - OL/Michigan

201. Brandon Linder - OG/Miami

Based on this draft...my priority undrafted FA's would be Louisville/RB - Michael Dyer, Oregon/TE - Colt Lyerla, and VT/QB - Logan Thomas.

This is a good way to get out of the depressing D coordinator slump. Sorry I posted a bad link. Suggest you use google search to go to: Fanspeak mock draft. they have a very cool simulator. Pick your team and you will get lists of players ranked overall and by position. You draft a player you choose and the simulator completes the round.

awesome. Thanks for sharing.

This is what I came up with...

Top-10 picks were (very realistic, in my opinion)...

1. Johnny Manziel - Houston

2. Jake Matthews - Rams

3. Teddy Bridgewater - Jaguars

4. Sammy Watkins - Browns

5. Khalil Mack - Raiders

6. Jadaveon Clowney - Falcons

7. Eric Ebron - Buccaneers

8. Blake Bortles - Vikings

My picks...(with a couple second options I had a hard time deciding between...I would be ecstatic about any combination of these picks.)

9. Anthony Barr - OLB/UCLA (or WR/TAMU - Mike Evans)

41. Kelvin Benjamin - WR/FSU (or TE/UW - Austin Seferian-Jenkins)

73. Aaron Donald - DE-DT/Pitt (or DT/TENN - Daniel McCullers)

105. Max Bullough - ILB/MSU

137. Jimmy Garoppolo - QB/EIU

169. Michael Schofield - OL/Michigan

201. Brandon Linder - OG/Miami

Based on this draft...my priority undrafted FA's would be Louisville/RB - Michael Dyer, Oregon/TE - Colt Lyerla, and VT/QB - Logan Thomas.

wow. nice draft. But no way Donald is around in round 3. He is likely gone after the first round. He won every conceivable award, and just won best practice week at the Senior Bowl.

awesome. Thanks for sharing.

wow. nice draft. But no way Donald is around in round 3. He is likely gone after the first round. He won every conceivable award, and just won best practice week at the Senior Bowl.

Thanks, but I figured as much, that is why I threw McCullers in there...although they are two VERY different players IMO. I think we need a McCullers more than a Donald anyway...Donald is a pass-rusher, McCullers is a run-stuffer. We need more size in the middle.

I just REALLY want one of Mike Evans or Kelvin Benjamin...and Austin Seferian-Jenkins. (That would be huge for EJ.)

I also like Max Bullough alot...and Linder/Schofield are exactly what we need, BIG and NASTY lineman who can play OG and RT.

The fact so many underclassmen came out really excites me, as I think that will push some players back...ultimately making some 1st rounders available in the 2nd round, some 2nd rounders available in the 3rd round...and so on. This is a perfect draft to stockpile some talent.

And if Pettine and the Browns want Jim O'Neil, then we would gladly take their 3rd or 4th rounder to release him from his contract! ;-)

Edited by DJshnooks

I ended up with:

QB JOHNNY MANZIEL

TEXAS A&M

WR KELVIN BENJAMIN

FLORIDA STATE

ILB CHRISTIAN JONES

FLORIDA STATE

DT DAQUAN JONES

PENN STATE

CB DEION BELUE

ALABAMA

RB SILAS REDD

USC

TE COLT LYERLA

OREGON

Happy with the first two picks. Would have to get O-line help in FA. the top TE's were gone by Rd. 3, so I went with run stopping.

Thanks, but I figured as much, that is why I threw McCullers in there...although they are two VERY different players IMO. I think we need a McCullers more than a Donald anyway...Donald is a pass-rusher, McCullers is a run-stuffer. We need more size in the middle.

I just REALLY want one of Mike Evans or Kelvin Benjamin...and Austin Seferian-Jenkins. (That would be huge for EJ.)

I also like Max Bullough alot...and Linder/Schofield are exactly what we need, BIG and NASTY lineman who can play OG and RT.

The fact so many underclassmen came out really excites me, as I think that will push some players back...ultimately making some 1st rounders available in the 2nd round, some 2nd rounders available in the 3rd round...and so on. This is a perfect draft to stockpile some talent.

And if Pettine and the Browns want Jim O'Neil, then we would gladly take their 3rd or 4th rounder to release him from his contract! ;-)

I like your thinking! And I agree there should be a lot of talent around for the Bills!

I ended up with:

QB JOHNNY MANZIEL

TEXAS A&M

WR KELVIN BENJAMIN

FLORIDA STATE

ILB CHRISTIAN JONES

FLORIDA STATE

DT DAQUAN JONES

PENN STATE

CB DEION BELUE

ALABAMA

RB SILAS REDD

USC

TE COLT LYERLA

OREGON

Happy with the first two picks. Would have to get O-line help in FA. the top TE's were gone by Rd. 3, so I went with run stopping.

I love 2, 3, and 7...but Johnny Manziel? He's the next Eric Crouch...and that would make me lose A LOT of hope in the Bills.

I can't stand that kid...I would much rather have Jimmy Garoppolo or Logan Thomas in the mid-rounds...use the 1st on a stud playmaker. (LB or WR/TE)

EDIT: I honestly like the whole draft you did...EXCEPT that 1st round pick. lol.

Edited by DJshnooks

I love 2, 3, and 7...but Johnny Manziel? He's the next Eric Crouch...and that would make me lose A LOT of hope in the Bills.

I can't stand that kid...I would much rather have Jimmy Garoppolo or Logan Thomas in the mid-rounds...use the 1st on a stud playmaker. (LB or WR/TE)

EDIT: I honestly like the whole draft you did...EXCEPT that 1st round pick. lol.

I figured #1 would be controversial. I couldn't resist. Mack was the only impact LB, so I might have taken him. Perhaps I'll do another with him and see what happens!

I figured #1 would be controversial. I couldn't resist. Mack was the only impact LB, so I might have taken him. Perhaps I'll do another with him and see what happens!

I brought this up in another thread...but it probably fits better here...what do you think of this?

How about trading Jairus Byrd and our 1st round pick...to Cleveland for their two 1st round picks?

(We can throw in Jim O'Neil and Anthony Weaver...hell, throw in the entire defensive coaching staff! lol.)

Edited by DJshnooks

OLB KHALIL MACK

BUFFALO

WR KELVIN BENJAMIN

FLORIDA STATE

ILB CHRIS BORLAND

WISCONSIN

DT DAQUAN JONES

PENN STATE

CB CHRIS DAVIS

AUBURN

RB SILAS REDD

USC

TE COLT LYERLA

OREGON

our run D is vastly improved, our passing game improves with two new targets for EJ. O line will need help in FA.

I brought this up in another thread...but it probably fits better here...what do you think of this?

How about trading Jairus Byrd and our 1st round pick...to Cleveland for their two 1st round picks?

(We can throw in Jim O'Neil and Anthony Weaver...hell, throw in the entire defensive coaching staff! lol.)

an interesting idea. I would be more comfortable giving up Byrd for their two 1st, and giving them our second or something. We would have to get a stud safety to fill the Byrd void. However, if he is gone anyway, tag and trade for the scenario you mentioned might not be a terrible idea.