DC candidates

Worst case scenario right there. We are reaping the problems caused by CLE's muckup of a coaching search. Now that their coach is in place, he can at least fill out the defensive staff by taking everyone from Buffalo with him. Leaving us to sort through the scraps.

This doesn't really worry me as much - a new DC is going to want to bring in his guys that know his system most of the time anyway.

I am not a fan of Jim Schwartz. Doesnt do a whole lot to get pressure, uses a basic 4 man rush.

I don't know enough about Schwartz's D to know if this is true, does he fit the new Bills goal to be an "aggressive, attacking organization"?

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know enough about Schwartz's D to know if this is true, does he fit the new Bills goal to be an "aggressive, attacking organization"?

His D's are aggressive in terms of speed, but his scheme to pressure QB's is very basic. He also uses that wide 9 alignment. We have front 4 talent, but I want a DC that uses a variety of stunts, overloads, blitzes, and disguises up front. Pettine didnt necessarily blitz all the time to get pressure, just used a lot of games up front, stunts and overloads that free up rushers.

His D's are aggressive in terms of speed, but his scheme to pressure QB's is very basic. He also uses that wide 9 alignment. We have front 4 talent, but I want a DC that uses a variety of stunts, overloads, blitzes, and disguises up front. Pettine didnt necessarily blitz all the time to get pressure, just used a lot of games up front, stunts and overloads that free up rushers.

i need a little more analysis ..

Schwarz was a jeff Fisher disciple who played for and coached with Buddy Ryan. Might be Marrone wants to keep with the 46 defense coaching tree.

Plus we can reunite him with Crossman!

(On a serious note, that's possibly the connection)

Edited by NoSaint

What type of free agents are you talking about? Bennie Anderson was 4 year starter for the Ravens before we signed him. Those the type of guys you mean?

It all starts at QB. Franchises are smart or dumb depending on their QB. The Bills have been a dumb organization since when? 2000? I wonder why.

Edited by Beerball

What type of free agents are you talking about? Bennie Anderson was 4 year starter for the Ravens before we signed him. Those the type of guys you mean?

It all starts at QB. Franchises are smart or dumb depending on their QB. The Bills have been a dumb organization since when? 2000? I wonder why.

Kawika Mitchell is one who had a ring

Alan branch was Seattle last year