Sandy Relief Funds Figure in Extortion Charges

NJ Governor Christy is discovering that when it rains, it pours. First "Bridgegate," now the Mayor of Hoboken accuses Gov. Christie's minions of offering Sandy relief $ in return for support of a particular developer's project in her jurisdiction.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/18/hoboken-mayor-accuses-christie-aides/4635577/

Don't Christy's aides understand he's not President yet?

Wait a sec....so you're saying when government is authorized to throw billions of dollars around with nothing but a vague agenda of what's to be accomplished, the individuals involved abuse their power and operate in a corrupt manner??? I'm shocked.

Wait a sec....so you're saying when government is authorized to throw billions of dollars around with nothing but a vague agenda of what's to be accomplished, the individuals involved abuse their power and operate in a corrupt manner??? I'm shocked.

Except when Democrats are in charge right?

Man, they're pulling out ALL the stops.

The bridge thing isn't distracting people from Obama's failures and blaming Congress stopped working, so now they need to find something attached to the hurricane disaster to get voters riled up (at someone other than Obama).

It is New Jersey... You still can't pump your own gas in that state! What do you expect?

Anyway, How much more closer can you get between Chicago politics and New Jersey politics! The two were separated @ birth, except the New Jersey political baby gets slapped on the azz and said: "No self-serve for you!"

What do you expect from areas that create a "service racket."

Except when Democrats are in charge right?

Naah, pretty much the same with either party, other than the level of media coverage obviously.

It is New Jersey... You still can't pump your own gas in that state! What do you expect?

I won't blame NJ for that....gas is still cheaper there than in NY or CT.

NJ is one of the most corrupt states in the union, would not be surprised if this is only the tip of the iceberg. The Republicans were really hoping for a mainstream candidate in 2016, looks like the establishment will have to find someone else. Jeb Bush? Doubt it. If Hillary gets to run against a wing nut like Rand Paul or a light weight like Paul Ryan you are looking at Dems having the executive branch for 16 straight years

Anyway, How much more closer can you get between Chicago politics and New Jersey politics! The two were separated @ birth, except the New Jersey political baby gets slapped on the azz and said: "No self-serve for you!"

What do you expect from areas that create a "service racket."

So how much of that Chicago political way of "doing business" do you do you think has rubbed off on our current Administration?

NJ is one of the most corrupt states in the union, would not be surprised if this is only the tip of the iceberg. The Republicans were really hoping for a mainstream candidate in 2016, looks like the establishment will have to find someone else. Jeb Bush? Doubt it. If Hillary gets to run against a wing nut like Rand Paul or a light weight like Paul Ryan you are looking at Dems having the executive branch for 16 straight years

I'll ask you the same question I just asked EII.

I almost thought you were talking about the Stimulus. I caught up with a friend of mine who owns a concrete/paving supply company, hadn't seen him in years.... I asked him about business, and we got talking about stimulus. He said it was a boon for him, but much of the money was wasted hastily. The City of Denver got a boatload of money, but with the stipulation it had to be used immediately. So instead of doing a few long term worthwhile projects, the skimmed 2 inches of ashpalt off of ever street in the city and surfaced paved... He said most streets needed actually repair to streets, water pipes, etc.... He said in a few years most of those paved streets will see that new paving starting to break up, or dug up for real repair at taxpayer expense.

Just because the money is appropriated, doesn't mean you have to open the flood gates... No pun intended

I almost thought you were talking about the Stimulus. I caught up with a friend of mine who owns a concrete/paving supply company, hadn't seen him in years.... I asked him about business, and we got talking about stimulus. He said it was a boon for him, but much of the money was wasted hastily. The City of Denver got a boatload of money, but with the stipulation it had to be used immediately. So instead of doing a few long term worthwhile projects, the skimmed 2 inches of ashpalt off of ever street in the city and surfaced paved... He said most streets needed actually repair to streets, water pipes, etc.... He said in a few years most of those paved streets will see that new paving starting to break up, or dug up for real repair at taxpayer expense.

Just because the money is appropriated, doesn't mean you have to open the flood gates... No pun intended

Of course....the work had to be visible to the stupid public in time for mid-term elections.