henry generating a lot of talk around the nfl

eball

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course. I'm only expressing my opinion of what he is going to be worth, but I'm not attempting to speak for GM's supposedly "kicking themselves" to get this player.

Note that there is no place where the one source says what these teams are willing to trade for him. Perhaps they wish to offer a fifth round pick, which is what I'm suggesting he'll go for. 

I just think that some posters are basing Henry's value on some evaluation like this - "if we can just get the other GMs to look at 2002 and 2003 while ignoring the fumbles and his blocking and the fact that he was benched this year and the fact that as soon as he was benched the Bills' started winning and if they never look at film..." This is Alice in Wonderland stuff.

213196[/snapback]

You got it. Too many home town fans without reality in place. Sure I would love to get a first ot second rounder for Travis. It isn't happening. We will be lucky to get anything. It is just as likely that he will be cut, and permitted to go find his own deal. Thing is he is only making about 1.5 million. I would suspect that a team signing him off the street will not give him more than that and will in all likelyhood take a paycut.

You got it.  Too many home town fans without reality in place.  Sure I would love to get a first ot second rounder for Travis.  It isn't happening.  We will be lucky to get anything.  It is just as likely that he will be cut, and permitted to go find his own deal.  Thing is he is only making about 1.5 million.  I would suspect that a team signing him off the street will not give him more than that and will in all likelyhood take a paycut.

Is there a word that is a stronger version of the word "wrong?" Un-F'ing-believably wrong, perhaps? Because that would apply here.

Is there a word that is a stronger version of the word "wrong?"  Un-F'ing-believably wrong, perhaps?  Because that would apply here.

213283[/snapback]

I guess we'll see soon enough won't we. BTW I get my info from an NFL advance team scout. Where do you get your info from?

He's blowing smoke up your you-know-what dude.

213369[/snapback]

Doubt it. He was the one who told me Gibbs was going to coach the skins again and that Williams would be the DC. I thought he was smoking then, until it happened. He has told me several things in that past that were pretty damn close to accurate. Seems scouts like to gossip with each other when they go to the games and advance scout.

You also have no idea what Henry's worth in a trade may or may not be.  Neither do I.  Neither do any of us.  Its ALL speculation at this point.

212988[/snapback]

Not True! One of the delivery guys at Palermo's Deli on Culver Road knows the brother of the cousin of Henry's agent's ex-wife.

She said Henry is a solid trade for a #2 pick.

How could that not be reliable? :D

Doubt it.  He was the one who told me Gibbs was going to coach the skins again and that Williams would be the DC.  I thought he was smoking then, until it happened.  He has told me several things in that past that were pretty damn close to accurate.  Seems scouts like to gossip with each other when they go to the games and advance scout.

213391[/snapback]

Well he's obviously a scout for the Redskins...the 6-10 Redskins. :D

Isn't this the same team that can not draft or sign productive free agents to save it's life? Your friend should resign dude.

Doubt it.  He was the one who told me Gibbs was going to coach the skins again and that Williams would be the DC.  I thought he was smoking then, until it happened.  He has told me several things in that past that were pretty damn close to accurate.  Seems scouts like to gossip with each other when they go to the games and advance scout.

Ask him if he's talked with scouts for the Panthers, Cards, Dols, Bucs, and oh yes, the Raiders? I'm sure in his estimation, Henry is worthless, but when teams come out and say, despite the possibility of being fined for talking about a player under contract, that they'd be interested in Travis, it carries some weight with me. And to say that the Bills "would be lucky to get anything" for Travis is ridiculous.

Ask him if he's talked with scouts for the Panthers, Cards, Dols, Bucs, and oh yes, the Raiders?  I'm sure in his estimation, Henry is worthless, but when teams come out and say, despite the possibility of being fined for talking about a player under contract, that they'd be interested in Travis, it carries some weight with me.  And to say that the Bills "would be lucky to get anything" for Travis is ridiculous.

213423[/snapback]

They are permitted to talk about a player. Just not on the possibility of their own teeam signing or trading for him. Of course, since Henry has been given permission to look, they are allowed to openly discuss it.

I've never understood why people here were scoffing at the idea of getting a #2 pick for Travis. Round 2 picks are no where near sure things (and we as Bills fans should know that by now). So why wouldn't teams start lining up for a deal that would get them a proven runningback that runs like a bull, has a chip on his shoulder and costs dirt cheap.

212114[/snapback]

What are you talking about, we have always done well in the second round. Bucky Brooks still has tremendous upside.

You got it.  Too many home town fans without reality in place.  Sure I would love to get a first ot second rounder for Travis.  It isn't happening.  We will be lucky to get anything.  It is just as likely that he will be cut, and permitted to go find his own deal.  Thing is he is only making about 1.5 million.  I would suspect that a team signing him off the street will not give him more than that and will in all likelyhood take a paycut.

213275[/snapback]

Wow, deja vu. Didn't I hear all of this crap before the tag-n-trade of Peerless Price?

Henry & #3 Round Pick for somebody's #1 Round Pick. Guaranteed. If the Bills just go and cut Henry they take a cap hit. They trade him, no cap hit. That should be obvious.

214599[/snapback]

What you talkin' 'bout Willis?

The cap hit is exactly the same for Henry whether you trade or cut him.

Here are some rules:

Cut a player before 6/1 : Entire remaining cap bonus $ accelerated to the season's cap

Cut a player after 6/1: That year's portion of the remaining cap bonus $ to the season's cap. Remaining portion to next season's cap.

Trade a player -doesn't matter when: Entire remaining cap bonus $ accelerated to the season's cap-same as cut before 6/1.

Trade or cut a player in the last year of his contract (Henry is in the last year): Entire remaining cap bonus $ accelerated to the season's cap-same as cut before 6/1, same as trade.

What you talkin' 'bout Willis?

The cap hit is exactly the same for Henry whether you trade or cut him.

Here are some rules:

Cut a player before 6/1 : Entire remaining cap bonus $ accelerated to the season's cap

Cut a player after 6/1: That year's portion of the remaining cap bonus $ to the season's cap.  Remaining portion to next season's cap.

Trade a player -doesn't matter when:  Entire remaining cap bonus $ accelerated to the season's cap-same as cut before 6/1.

Trade or cut a player in the last year of his contract (Henry is in the last year): Entire remaining cap bonus $ accelerated to the season's cap-same as cut before 6/1, same as trade.

214609[/snapback]

Your knowledge of NFL off-field rules never ceases to amaze me.

Wow, deja vu. Didn't I hear all of this crap before the tag-n-trade of Peerless Price?

214593[/snapback]

No. It was a known fact that Atlanta was trying to trade for him. They only wanted to give up a second but had to give up a first. Good negociations on TD's part. Now as far as Henry goes, my source tells be only a 5th rounder is out there from Oakland, period. Noone else is very serious and that Buffalo is trying to decide what they are going to do. My understanding is if they can get Travis to be a good little lockerrom player and happy with the #2 role he will stay on the team. Since he thinks it's doubtful, they are trying to get more than the 5th for Travis but it is doubtful. If they don't and Oakland makes another move for another back first, then Buffalo may just cut Travis outright. They do not want a player who may sabotage them on field.