henry generating a lot of talk around the nfl

eball

No.  It was a known fact that Atlanta was trying to trade for him.  They only wanted to give up a second but had to give up a first.  Good negociations on TD's part.  Now as far as Henry goes, my source tells be only a 5th rounder is out there from Oakland, period.  Noone else is very serious and that Buffalo is trying to decide what they are going to do. My understanding is if they can get Travis to be a good little lockerrom player and happy with the #2 role he will stay on the team.  Since he thinks it's doubtful, they are trying to get more than the 5th for Travis but it is doubtful.  If they don't and Oakland makes another move for another back first, then Buffalo may just cut Travis outright.  They do not want a player who may sabotage them on field.

That sounds like the info I heard from LAST off-season, down to the team (Raiders) and pick (5th rounder), when everyone knew the Bills weren't going to trade him while Willis was still unknown/unproven. BTW did your friend know that Lamar Gordon (a guy whose best output has been 298 yards for 4.2 YPC and 1 TD, and who fumbles once every 28.5 touches) would get traded for a 3rd rounder?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Oakland.  Geez louise!  The point being there are 5 teams who have expressed interest in Travis IN THE MEDIA.

213198[/snapback]

Here you go.

Raiders | Henry on the Radar - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:13:22 -0800

Updating previous reports, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Oakland Raiders are interested in Buffalo Bills RB Travis Henry and like him a lot. However, they have concerns over his fumbling.