henry generating a lot of talk around the nfl

eball

miami, tampa, now arizona...i realize it's just buzz at this point, but who else thinks TD may really be able to pull off a trade that gives the bills another 2nd round pick? if he can do it, it will be one of his best moves as GM. with two #2s, buffalo can find two "immediate impact" players in the draft.

i hate to get too excited about the prospects, but it's looking better and better that it will happen.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a better idea:

Trade Travis to the Buc's for Chris Simms.... that way we'd get national coverage from Phil! :huh:<_<

Rigas/Adelphia YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Add the Raiders and Panthers into the mix. That's 5 teams, all of whom play in warm weather and on grass, just like Travis wants. That will make a trade easier in terms of not having to worry about nixing the deal. I still say TB is the best option, because it's a situation Travis wants and because the Bucs are out of the division and have a 2nd rounder.

miami, tampa, now arizona...i realize it's just buzz at this point, but who else thinks TD may really be able to pull off a trade that gives the bills another 2nd round pick?  if he can do it, it will be one of his best moves as GM.  with two #2s, buffalo can find two "immediate impact" players in the draft.

i hate to get too excited about the prospects, but it's looking better and better that it will happen.

212009[/snapback]

I've never understood why people here were scoffing at the idea of getting a #2 pick for Travis. Round 2 picks are no where near sure things (and we as Bills fans should know that by now). So why wouldn't teams start lining up for a deal that would get them a proven runningback that runs like a bull, has a chip on his shoulder and costs dirt cheap.

I've never understood why people here were scoffing at the idea of getting a #2 pick for Travis. Round 2 picks are no where near sure things (and we as Bills fans should know that by now). So why wouldn't teams start lining up for a deal that would get them a proven runningback that runs like a bull, has a chip on his shoulder and costs dirt cheap.

212114[/snapback]

1) He cannot/will not block.

2) He cant even figure out simple pass patterns.

3) He has been known to cough up the football.

4) No breakaway speed.

5) Headcase, or at the very least severely intellectually challenged.

6) Terrible season in 05 where he had the job and lost it due to poor play.

7) Bad hands.

8) New habit of slipping on his ass on key plays, in front of truck sized holes.

9) RBs tend to NOT be the hardest players to find in the draft.

10) Superior free agent rbs out there.

Does this help? <_<

4) No breakaway speed.

7) Bad hands.

8) New habit of slipping on his ass on key plays, in front of truck sized holes.

Does this help?  <_<

212122[/snapback]

1) He cannot/will not block. ...not a factor for a team without a statue QB

2) He cant even figure out simple pass patterns. ...he's a runningback

3) He has been known to cough up the football. ...that was now 3 years ago

4) No breakaway speed....he breaks heads not speed.

5) Headcase, or at the very least severely intellectually challenged. ...he plays in the NFL, duh

6) Terrible season in 05 where he had the job and lost it due to poor play. ...lost it to a betterback, good point though.

7) Bad hands. ...he's a runningback

8) New habit of slipping on his ass on key plays, in front of truck sized holes. ...see #6

9) RBs tend to NOT be the hardest players to find in the draft. ...then why are there so many teams looking for starting backs?

10) Superior free agent rbs out there. ...true, but look at Henry's salary cap hit for 2006.

We'll find out shortly which one of us is right.

1) He cannot/will not block. ...not a factor for a team without a statue QB

2) He cant even figure out simple pass patterns. ...he's a runningback

3) He has been known to cough up the football. ...that was now 3 years ago

4) No breakaway speed....he breaks heads not speed.

5) Headcase, or at the very least severely intellectually challenged. ...he plays in the NFL, duh

6) Terrible season in 05 where he had the job and lost it due to poor play. ...lost it to a betterback, good point though.

7) Bad hands. ...he's a runningback

8) New habit of slipping on his ass on key plays, in front of truck sized holes. ...see #6

9) RBs tend to NOT be the hardest players to find in the draft. ...then why are there so many teams looking for starting backs?

10) Superior free agent rbs out there. ...true, but look at Henry's salary cap hit for 2006.

We'll find out shortly which one of us is right.

212136[/snapback]

Believe me, I hope it is you that is correct. Call me shallow, but I would love to see the Bills get something that could get us back into round 1 on draft day, but I just dont see it. :devil:

Travis Henry is not a Dennis Green-type back.  Green goes for the more explosive play-makers at the skill positions.  I don't see Green giving up a 2nd rounder for Travis.

212299[/snapback]

green's guys are people like robert smith and michael bennett. he's not going to give up anything higher than a 3rd for henry, and i doubt any other team will either.

Robert Smith explosive?

212302[/snapback]

extremely explosive - in his prime, he was one of the fastest running backs in the league, a guy who took it to the house with some frequency. as you may recall, he outran the entire bills defense on opening day in 97 when running for a 78 yard TD.

4) No breakaway speed.

7) Bad hands.

Does this help?  :devil:

212122[/snapback]

has severals children with multiple women and game checks garnished accordingly!!

Robert Smith explosive?

212302[/snapback]

My recollection of Smith is that he was a real burner and a threat to take it all the way on any play. His issue was that for most of his career he seemed to have a season-ending injury every year.

But yeah, Smith was not primarily a power runner.

>>1) He cannot/will not block. ...not a factor for a team without a statue QB

Right, other teams in the NFL don't even bother blocking pass rushers from positions other than the OLine because their QBs are so fleet of foot!

>>2) He cant even figure out simple pass patterns. ...he's a runningback

Oh yeah, I forgot that other teams don't bother throwing the ball to anyone who doesn't wear a jersey in the 80s.

>>3) He has been known to cough up the football. ...that was now 3 years ago

And of course other teams don't mind that Henry has the CAREER worst fumbles to touches ratio among all active feature backs, about one fumble every 37 carries, putting him "ahead" of even the Ahman Greens and Tiki Barbers.

FYI- the great backs like Curtis Martin lose the ball at a rate more like every 75 carries.