My pre-combine draft thoughts, how about yours

simpleman

Can we stop with this Rogers' crap. Every team passed on him and the Colts cut him before bringing him back because injuries. He's an entitled kid who thinks he's Randy Moss so he can do what he wants. Hopefully for him, he is growing up but faulting coaches for cutting an UDFA who didn't work hard is completely wrong IMO.

And as another poster pointed out, the Bills took several chances on guys with checkered pasts (Alonso, DuKe Williams). Colt seems to be a little more checkered than those 2. The white horse and quitting are different animals. I'm intrigued by him but I'd be very wary of investing a high pick in him.

It is odd that you are interested in Colt but hate Rogers. What Colt did was much worse. Rogers had shown signs of maturity throughout the draft process that Colt has yet to show (he hasn't had the chance yet in his defense). I like Colt as well but I think that I have made my point on taking chances on talent in a different thread.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is odd that you are interested in Colt but hate Rogers. What Colt did was much worse. Rogers had shown signs of maturity throughout the draft process that Colt has yet to show (he hasn't had the chance yet in his defense). I like Colt as well but I think that I have made my point on taking chances on talent in a different thread.

Agreed, but I was also interested in Rogers. I said I won't invest much on Colt but you have to kick the tires. The Bills did that with Rogers and from their perspective, he didn't work hard enough to earn a spot. I'd give Colt the same treatment.

IF you're a coach or front office, you need to trust in the guys you invest in. Guys like Colt and Rogers have a lot shorter leash than a 1st rounder because of their own actions. I also hate the idea of quitting and not working hard almost more than the drugs. That's why I struggle with people defending Rogers.

Agreed, but I was also interested in Rogers. I said I won't invest much on Colt but you have to kick the tires. The Bills did that with Rogers and from their perspective, he didn't work hard enough to earn a spot. I'd give Colt the same treatment.

IF you're a coach or front office, you need to trust in the guys you invest in. Guys like Colt and Rogers have a lot shorter leash than a 1st rounder because of their own actions. I also hate the idea of quitting and not working hard almost more than the drugs. That's why I struggle with people defending Rogers.

Well said.

Fair enough and thanks for the clarification.

That's a good list C. Biscuit. The only one that I disagree with is Evans. I don't think that he will get seperation at the next level.

I wanted to add a few other players that I like in addition to your guys. I am trying to avoid the obvious in this list (Watkins, Mack, Etc..) These guys will be available at different points of the draft & will be good players at the next level IMO: Gabe Jackson (G - Miss St), Kyle Van Noy (LB - BYU), Tre Mason (RB - Auburn), Carlos Hyde (RB - OSU)

That's a good list C. Biscuit. The only one that I disagree with is Evans. I don't think that he will get seperation at the next level.

I wanted to add a few other players that I like in addition to your guys. I am trying to avoid the obvious in this list (Watkins, Mack, Etc..) These guys will be available at different points of the draft & will be good players at the next level IMO: Gabe Jackson (G - Miss St), Kyle Van Noy (LB - BYU), Tre Mason (RB - Auburn), Carlos Hyde (RB - OSU)

Agree that the combine and offseason stuff will be really important to see how well Evans runs routes. IMO, that would be his only knock. And I know every player is an individual but the success rate on SEC wrs is pretty high. They go against the best defensive backs and Evans dominated them. The Bills have 2 great route runners in SJ and Woods. They need the big guy to throw it up to. Who do you double and if you don't double Evans, you throw it up to him every time. Evans and Ebron are very high on my wish list but it's very early.

I also really like Hyde (though Beanie Wells dances in my head a bit) and I love Mason (he will be a stud on the right team). I just think they will cost at least a 2nd and that's a luxury the Bilsl can't enough, especially with probably the best rb duo in the NFL. I expect a big contract year from Spiller as well.

Fair enough and thanks for the clarification.

:thumbsup:

Guys...there's another very short thread available if you want to talk about Rogers. I "get" that questions of character & the Bills will include mentioning Rogers, but let's leave the debate of whether he should have been cut etc. to that other thread.

Here are my thoughts on the first two rounds after doing some pre draft research...

Round 1:

Plan A - Sammy Watkins WR / Plan B - Mack or Barr LB / Plan C - Robinson OT

Round 2:

Plan A - Richardson or Yankey OL / Plan B - Matthews or Moncrief WR / Plan C - Matthews or Moncrief WR

Round 2 selections coincide with their lettered plan counterpart from round 1, they're not meant to be read who I'd want in order as it truly is in round 1. I don't know if I'm the first to mention Donte Moncrief, but from the highlight videos I've watched he looks very smooth and he reminds me of Jerry Rice, he even catches the ball like him. He's tall too for those people who want that in our WR selection. GBN report has him at #58 and Draft Tek has him at #132, but from watching highlight videos, I like him much more than many others receivers that they have ranked ahead of him.

Edited by 1billsfan

Obviously, to each his own. I respect each person's insight, even if I disagree. Which is the case in reference to a TE in Round 1. Here's why: the statistical disadvantage to drafting a TE in the 1st round is pretty big. When you look over the TEs taken in the 1st round over the last ten or so years, many if not most of them have proved to be worth far less than a 1st round selection. Too many to go through all of them, it's on the internet for you to review if you doubt that statement but let me highlight something for you to help make my point without giving an endless stat line. TEs Tony Gonzalez and Vernon Davis are the only current noteworthy 1st round TEs taken in recent memory. And, Vernon Davis was nearly left for road garbage in San Fran until Harbaugh arrived and revived that team. However, players such as Graham, Gates, Witten, Julius Thomas, and Jordan Cameron have all been taken in the 3rd or 4th round. Gronk was taken in the 2nd, and is a rare exception, and even his homicidal cohort Hernandez, despite his sociopathic tendencies, was drafted in the 4th round. Moreover, most of those good to great TEs took two to three years to develop into good or great TEs. When you put that up against a possible starting LB or WR that could be Drafted in the 1st round, and don't forget the BILLS have Chandler, Moekai, and an unknown with a few good flashes in Gragg, it simply doesn't make sense to *me* to Draft a TE in the 1st. I realize we all have our opinions, but this to me just makes more sense. If you're going to Draft a TE, do it in the 3rd round.

Though I agree that it most likely that any TE would take several years to become a good to great player.....this can also be said of WRs......and perhaps slightly less with LBs.

I disagree with your assessment of where one can better find good TEs though. As with every position, there is a higher success for TEs picked in the first round(and lesser as the rounds progress).

As I personally can't judge the overall ability of a TE, I thought I'd simply look at pro bowl appearances.....and then average yards....

Drafted from 2000-2013:

1st round:

17 drafted

9 pro bowlers(52.9%).

(Franks, Heap, Shockey, Winslow, H.Miller, Davis, Clark, Lewis, Gresham)

2nd round:

22 drafted

4 pro bowlers(18.2%)

(Crumpler, Z.Miller, Gronk, Rudolph)

3rd round:

31 drafted

3 pro bowlers(9.7%)

(Witten, Cooley, Graham)

4th round:

30 drafted

3 pro bowlers(10%)

(Daniels, Thomas, Cameron)

TEs with 400 yards per year(Ave) or greater:

1st round:

13 of 17(76.5%)

(Heap, Shockey, Clark, Watson, Winslow, H.Miller, Lewis, Davis, Olsen, Keller, Pettigrew, Gresham, Eifert)

2nd round:

6 of 22(27.3%)

(Crumpler, Scheffler, Z.Miller, Gronk, Fleener, Ertz)

3rd round:

6 of 31(19.4%)

(Witten, Cooley, Finley, Cook, Graham, Reed)

4th round:

3 of 30(10%)

(McMichael, Daniels, Hernandez)

Though I agree that it most likely that any TE would take several years to become a good to great player.....this can also be said of WRs......and perhaps slightly less with LBs.

I disagree with your assessment of where one can better find good TEs though. As with every position, there is a higher success for TEs picked in the first round(and lesser as the rounds progress).

As I personally can't judge the overall ability of a TE, I thought I'd simply look at pro bowl appearances.....and then average yards....

Drafted from 2000-2013:

1st round:

17 drafted

9 pro bowlers(52.9%).

2nd round:

22 drafted

4 pro bowlers(18.2%)

3rd round:

31 drafted

3 pro bowlers(9.7%)

(Witten, Cooley, Graham)

4th round:

30 drafted

3 pro bowlers(10%)

1st round:

13 of 17(76.5%)

(Heap, Shockey, Clark, Watson, Winslow, H.Miller, Lewis, Davis, Olsen, Keller, Pettigrew, Gresham, Eifert)

2nd round:

6 of 22(27.3%)

3rd round:

6 of 31(19.4%)

4th round:

3 of 30(10%)

Nice analysis. I bought in to the late round TE theory before, but it's hard to look at those numbers and not agree with you.

Drafted from 2000-2013:

1st round:

17 drafted

9 pro bowlers(52.9%).

2nd round:

22 drafted

4 pro bowlers(18.2%)

3rd round:

31 drafted

3 pro bowlers(9.7%)

(Witten, Cooley, Graham)

4th round:

30 drafted

3 pro bowlers(10%)

1st round:

13 of 17(76.5%)

2nd round:

6 of 22(27.3%)

3rd round:

6 of 31(19.4%)

4th round:

3 of 30(10%)

good stuff as always Dibs! :thumbsup: I also believe with the way offenses are becoming more spread and more college like, the transition from college to the pros is easier than it ever has been. More wrs and TEs are coming in and making more of an impact in recent years.

I've seen some talk on here of drafting a RB in the later rounds. I love Jerome Smith of Syracuse as a guy we might be able to get in the 4th round or later. He is a big back that runs hard but also had good agility. He might not run the fastest 40 time, but I can't really remember him being caught from behind that often. I'd say he has good functional football speed. He reminds me of Fred a little.

That said, would Marrone get murdered by public opinion for drafting his college running back? Can he draft any of his former players without backlash from fans? Jay Bromley is another good Syracuse player that could possibly be found in later rounds. He's a solid DT.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Sports Illustrated Mock 4.0 just came out. thoughts?

9. Buffalo Bills (6-10): Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina.

I’ll throw out two names here: Ebron and Mike Evans. The biggest variable they have in common? Size. Ebron runs 6-foot-4, 245 pounds; Evans 6-5, 225. If the Bills look to bolster their offense here, they will want to find a tall, red-zone target to complement a relatively average-sized group.

After seeing potential in both Robert Woods and Marquise Goodwin, a second- and third-round pick, respectively, in 2013, rounding out the offense with the dangerous Ebron fits.

I've seen some talk on here of drafting a RB in the later rounds. I love Jerome Smith of Syracuse as a guy we might be able to get in the 4th round or later. He is a big back that runs hard but also had good agility. He might not run the fastest 40 time, but I can't really remember him being caught from behind that often. I'd say he has good functional football speed. He reminds me of Fred a little.

That said, would Marrone get murdered by public opinion for drafting his college running back? Can he draft any of his former players without backlash from fans? Jay Bromley is another good Syracuse player that could possibly be found in later rounds. He's a solid DT.

A guy who could be the best rb in this class is James Wilder Jr. For whatever reason, his career never took off. But the guy averaged like 6 ypc in a time share. Won't surprise me at all if he became an Arian Foster type sleeper.

Sports Illustrated Mock 4.0 just came out. thoughts?

9. Buffalo Bills (6-10): Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina.

I’ll throw out two names here: Ebron and Mike Evans. The biggest variable they have in common? Size. Ebron runs 6-foot-4, 245 pounds; Evans 6-5, 225. If the Bills look to bolster their offense here, they will want to find a tall, red-zone target to complement a relatively average-sized group.

After seeing potential in both Robert Woods and Marquise Goodwin, a second- and third-round pick, respectively, in 2013, rounding out the offense with the dangerous Ebron fits.

I won't be mad at this at all. I think he's going to be the next great TE. He played with average to below average QBs. And I like Chandler, but he had a down year. Plus, he got hit on some passes that would be even bigger gains if he had more speed.

Drafted from 2000-2013:

1st round:

17 drafted

9 pro bowlers(52.9%).

2nd round:

22 drafted

4 pro bowlers(18.2%)

3rd round:

31 drafted

3 pro bowlers(9.7%)

(Witten, Cooley, Graham)

4th round:

30 drafted

3 pro bowlers(10%)

1st round:

13 of 17(76.5%)

2nd round:

6 of 22(27.3%)

3rd round:

6 of 31(19.4%)

4th round:

3 of 30(10%)

The problem with many of those names are they are no longer relevant, such as Shockey, Crumpler, Cooley, Scheffler, and Watson just to name a few of them.

Names that are relevant, Graham, Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron, Jason Witten, Antonio Gates, all of whom are currently producing.

Current TEs drafted higher, Eifert, not a bust but didn't provide any real difference for that offense and mention Gresham as well for the same team ironically; Pettigrew, decent blocker but not a real pass catching TE; Winslow is almost into retirement despite his belief of the contrary; Jared Cook can't seem to be productive consistently, flashes of good stuff from one week to the next but nothing over the course of a season, Vernon Davis needed a coaching change to make him as good as he is and Tony Gonzalez is a Hall of Famer who's coming around once every 20 years. To simply pick a Pro Bowl selection since 2000, which the game has changed drastically since then, as the measure by which a TE value in the 1st round is used, seems myopic and not taking all factors into consideration. Using a TE in the 1st round is a total WASTE of the pick when nearly identical talent and potential is found two to three rounds later. Other than Vernon Davis, please name a 1st round TE in the last 5 to 6 years that has had a truly outstanding season (for a TE, not compared to say a WR)...and I'm more than willing to listen.

Drafted from 2000-2013:

1st round:

17 drafted

9 pro bowlers(52.9%).

2nd round:

22 drafted

4 pro bowlers(18.2%)

3rd round:

31 drafted

3 pro bowlers(9.7%)

(Witten, Cooley, Graham)

4th round:

30 drafted

3 pro bowlers(10%)

1st round:

13 of 17(76.5%)

2nd round:

6 of 22(27.3%)

3rd round:

6 of 31(19.4%)

4th round:

3 of 30(10%)

Nice work as always!!

CBF

As far as I am concerned on the tight ends, Ebron has separated himself. He is just a better athlete than Amaro or ASJ. We have enough guys that can get the ball on possession downs (Stevie, Chandler if he is back, Moeaki, Woods). If we are going to go in that direction I want the guy that is a matchup problem. I think that Ebron could be that guy.

For more info on TEs and their production and Draft position, look at the information below. The TE information is from a FF website, but the yards and TDs is pretty plain to see. Decide for yourself.

TE Draft Results: 2007:

Greg Olsen

TE

Miami (FL)

31(31)

Chicago

Zach Miller

TE

Arizona State

6(38)

Oakland

Matt Spaeth

TE

Minnesota

13(77)

Pittsburgh

Scott Chandler

TE

Iowa

30(129)

San Diego

Martrez Milner

TE

Georgia

34(133)

Atlanta

Kevin Boss

TE

Western Oregon

16(153)

NY Giants

Dante Rosario

TE

Oregon

18(155)

Carolina

Brent Celek

TE

CINCINNATI

25(162)

Philadelphia

Ben Patrick

TE

Delaware

5(215)

Arizona

Tyler Ecker

TE

Michigan

6(216)

Washington

Derek Schouman

TE

Boise State

12(222)

Buffalo

Michael Allan

TE

Whitworth

21(231)

Kansas City

Clark Harris

TE

RUTGERS

33(243)

Green Bay

2008 TE Stats:

1. Tony Gonzalez KC 16 155 96 1,058 10 165.8 10.4

2. Dallas Clark IND 15 107 77 848 6 120.8 8.1

3. Jason Witten DAL 16 121 81 952 4 119.2 7.5

4. Antonio Gates SD 16 92 60 704 8 118.4 7.4

5. Visanthe Shiancoe MIN 16 59 42 596 7 101.6 6.4

6. Owen Daniels HOU 16 101 70 862 2 98.2 6.1

7. John Carlson SEA 16 80 55 627 5 92.7 5.8

8. Chris Cooley WAS 16 111 83 849 1 90.9 5.7

9. Anthony Fasano MIA 16 53 34 454 7 87.4 5.5

10. Greg Olsen CHI 16 82 54 574 5 87.4 5.5

11. Zach Miller OAK 16 86 56 778 1 83.8 5.2

12. Tony Scheffler DEN 13 61 40 645 3 82.4 6.3

13. Kevin Boss NYG 15 55 33 384 6 74.4 5.0

14. Dustin Keller NYJ 16 78 48 535 3 71.5 4.5

15. Heath Miller PIT 14 65 48 514 3 69.4 5.0

16. Bo Scaife TEN 16 84 58 562 2 68.2 4.3

17. Billy Miller NO 15 57 45 579 1 63.9 4.3

18. Daniel Graham DEN 16 50 32 389 4 62.9 3.9

19. David Martin MIA 16 45 31 440 3 62.0 3.9

20. Marcedes Lewis JAC 16 72 41 489 2 60.9 3.8

21. Kellen Winslow CLE 10 82 43 428 3 60.8 6.1

22. Todd Heap BAL 16 64 35 403 3 58.3 3.6

23. Donald Lee GB 15 45 37 276 5 57.6 3.8

24. Martellus Bennett DAL 16 27 20 283 4 52.3 3.3

25. Jerramy Stevens TB 14 58 35 385 2 50.5 3.6

26. Vernon Davis SF 16 49 31 358 2 48.9 3.1

27. Jeremy Shockey NO 12 67 50 483 0 48.3 4.0

28. L.J. Smith PHI 13 64 37 298 3 47.8 3.7

29. Alex Smith TB 14 38 21 250 3 43.0 3.1

30. Desmond Clark CHI 16 73 41 367 1 42.7 2.7

31. Robert Royal BUF 15 57 33 351 1 41.1 2.7

32. Brent Celek PHI 16 38 27 318 1 37.8 2.4

TE Draft Results: 2008:

Dustin Keller

TE

Purdue

30(30)

NY Jets

John Carlson

TE

Notre Dame

7(38)

Seattle

Fred Davis

TE

USC

17(48)

Washington

Martellus Bennett

TE

Texas A&M

30(61)

Dallas

Brad Cottam

TE

Tennessee

13(76)

Kansas City

Craig Stevens

TE

California

22(85)

Tennessee

Jermichael Finley

TE

Texas

28(91)

Green Bay

Martin Rucker

TE

Missouri

12(111)

Cleveland

Jacob Tamme

TE

Kentucky

28(127)

Indianapolis

Derek Fine

TE

Kansas

33(132)

Buffalo

Gary Barnidge

TE

Louisville

6(141)

Carolina

Kellen Davis

TE

Michigan State

23(158)

Chicago

Tom Santi

TE

Virginia

30(196)

Indianapolis

Matt Sherry

TE

Villanova

41(207)

Cincinnati

Keith Zinger

TE

LSU

25(232)

Atlanta

Mike Merritt

TE

UCF

32(239)

Kansas City

2009 TE Stats:

1. Vernon Davis SF 16 129 78 965 13 174.5 10.9

2. Dallas Clark IND 16 132 100 1,106 10 171.7 10.7

3. Antonio Gates SD 16 114 79 1,157 8 163.7 10.2

4. Brent Celek PHI 16 112 76 971 8 145.1 9.1

5. Tony Gonzalez ATL 16 135 83 867 6 122.7 7.7

6. Visanthe Shiancoe MIN 16 79 56 566 11 122.6 7.7

7. Kellen Winslow TB 16 127 77 884 5 119.1 7.4

8. Jason Witten DAL 16 124 94 1,030 2 115.0 7.2

9. Heath Miller PIT 16 98 76 789 6 114.9 7.2

10. Greg Olsen CHI 16 108 60 612 8 109.2 6.8

11. John Carlson SEA 16 83 51 574 7 99.4 6.2

12. Zach Miller OAK 15 100 66 805 3 98.5 6.6

13. Jermichael Finley GB 13 71 55 676 5 97.6 7.5

14. Todd Heap BAL 16 75 53 593 6 95.5 6.0

15. Kevin Boss NYG 15 69 42 567 5 88.3 5.9

16. Fred Davis WAS 16 76 48 509 6 86.9 5.4

17. Owen Daniels HOU 8 58 40 519 5 81.9 10.2

18. Jeremy Shockey NO 14 67 48 569 3 74.9 5.4

19. Ben Watson NE 16 41 29 404 5 70.4 4.4

20. Dustin Keller NYJ 16 82 45 522 2 64.9 4.1

21. Marcedes Lewis JAC 15 59 32 518 2 63.8 4.3

22. Tony Scheffler DEN 15 50 31 416 2 53.6 3.6

23. Bo Scaife TEN 14 70 45 440 1 50.0 3.6

24. Will Heller DET 16 50 29 296 3 47.6 3.0

25. Brandon Pettigrew DET 11 55 31 352 2 47.2 4.3

26. Anthony Fasano MIA 14 54 31 339 2 45.9 3.3

27. Daniel Fells STL 14 35 21 273 3 45.3 3.2

28. Chris Cooley WAS 7 45 29 332 2 45.2 6.5

29. Dante Rosario CAR 14 48 26 313 2 43.3 3.1

30. David Thomas NO 15 49 35 356 1 41.6 2.8

31. Randy McMichael STL 16 62 34 332 1 39.2 2.5

32. Joel Dreessen HOU 16 39 26 320 1 38.0 2.4

TE Draft Results: 2009:

Brandon Pettigrew

TE

Oklahoma State

20(20)

Detroit

Richard Quinn

TE

North Carolina

32(64)

Denver

Jared Cook

TE

South Carolina

25(89)

Tennessee

Chase Coffman

TE

Missouri

34(98)

Cincinnati

Travis Beckum

TE

Wisconsin

36(100)

NY Giants

Shawn Nelson

TE

Southern Miss

21(121)

Buffalo

Anthony Hill

TE

North Carolina State

22(122)

Houston

Davon Drew

TE

East Carolina

13(149)

Baltimore

James Casey

TE

Rice

16(152)

Houston

Cornelius Ingram

TE

Florida

17(153)

Philadelphia

John Nalbone

TE

Monmouth

25(161)

Miami

Zach Miller

TE

Nebraska-Omaha

7(180)

Jacksonville

Bear Pascoe

TE

Fresno State

11(184)

San Francisco

Brandon Myers

TE

Iowa

29(202)

Oakland

John Phillips

TE

Virginia

35(208)

Dallas

Jake O'Connell

TE

Miami (OH)

28(237)

Kansas City

David Johnson

TE

Arkansas State

32(241)

Pittsburgh

Cameron Morrah

TE

California

39(248)

Seattle

Dan Gronkowski

TE

Maryland

46(255)

Detroit

2010 TE Stats:

1. Jason Witten DAL 16 128 94 1,002 9 154.2 9.6

2. Antonio Gates SD 10 65 50 782 10 138.2 13.8

3. Vernon Davis SF 16 93 56 914 7 133.4 8.3

4. Marcedes Lewis JAC 16 88 58 700 10 130.0 8.1

5. Rob Gronkowski NE 16 59 42 546 10 114.6 7.2

6. Kellen Winslow TB 16 98 66 730 5 103.0 6.4

7. Chris Cooley WAS 16 126 77 849 3 102.9 6.4

8. Tony Gonzalez ATL 16 109 70 656 6 101.6 6.4

9. Dustin Keller NYJ 16 101 55 687 5 98.7 6.2

10. Zach Miller OAK 15 92 60 685 5 98.5 6.6

11. Aaron Hernandez NE 14 64 45 563 6 97.0 6.9

12. Brandon Pettigrew DET 16 111 71 722 4 96.2 6.0

13. Ben Watson CLE 16 102 68 763 3 94.2 5.9

14. Todd Heap BAL 13 64 40 599 5 89.9 6.9

15. Jacob Tamme IND 16 93 67 631 4 87.1 5.4

16. Kevin Boss NYG 15 70 35 531 5 83.1 5.5

17. Anthony Fasano MIA 15 60 39 528 4 76.8 5.1

18. Joel Dreessen HOU 16 55 36 517 4 75.7 4.7

19. Brent Celek PHI 16 80 42 511 4 75.1 4.7

20. Tony Moeaki KC 15 73 47 556 3 73.6 4.9

21. Jermaine Gresham CIN 15 83 52 471 4 71.1 4.7

22. Greg Olsen CHI 16 69 41 404 5 70.4 4.4

23. Jimmy Graham NO 15 44 31 356 5 65.9 4.4

24. Visanthe Shiancoe MIN 16 80 47 531 2 65.1 4.1

25. Heath Miller PIT 14 67 42 512 2 63.2 4.5

26. Owen Daniels HOU 11 68 38 471 2 59.1 5.4

27. Jeremy Shockey NO 13 59 41 409 3 58.9 4.5

28. Bo Scaife TEN 14 52 36 318 4 55.8 4.0

29. Dallas Clark IND 6 53 37 347 3 52.7 8.8

30. Daniel Fells STL 16 65 41 391 2 51.1 3.2

31. Fred Davis WAS 16 31 21 316 3 49.6 3.1

32. Tony Scheffler DET 15 72 45 378 1 43.8 2.9

TE Draft Results: 2010:

Jermaine Gresham

TE

Oklahoma

21(21)

Cincinnati

Rob Gronkowski

TE

Arizona

10(42)

New England

Ed Dickson

TE

Oregon

6(70)

Baltimore

Tony Moeaki

TE

Iowa

29(93)

Kansas City

Jimmy Graham

TE

Miami (FL)

31(95)

New Orleans

Aaron Hernandez

TE

Florida

15(113)

New England

Dennis Pitta

TE

Brigham Young

16(114)

Baltimore

Garrett Graham

TE

Wisconsin

20(118)

Houston

Clay Harbor

TE

Missouri State

27(125)

Philadelphia

Mike Hoomanawanui

TE

Illinois

1(132)

St. Louis

Andrew Quarless

TE

Penn State

23(154)

Green Bay

Brody Eldridge

TE

Oklahoma

31(162)

Indianapolis

Fendi Onobun

TE

Houston

1(170)

St. Louis

Dennis Morris

TE

Louisiana Tech

5(174)

Washington

Nate Byham

TE

Pittsburgh

13(182)

San Francisco

Anthony McCoy

TE

USC

16(185)

Seattle

Mickey Shuler

TE

Penn State

7(214)

Minnesota

Dorin Dickerson

TE

Pittsburgh

20(227)

Houston

Jim Dray

TE

Stanford

26(233)

Arizona

Dedrick Epps

TE

Miami (FL)

28(235)

San Diego

2011 TE Stats:

1. Rob Gronkowski NE 16 124 90 1,327 17 240.9 15.1

2. Jimmy Graham NO 16 149 99 1,310 11 197.0 12.3

3. Aaron Hernandez NE 14 113 79 910 7 137.5 9.8

4. Tony Gonzalez ATL 16 116 80 875 7 129.5 8.1

5. Jermichael Finley GB 16 92 55 767 8 124.7 7.8

6. Jason Witten DAL 16 117 79 942 5 124.2 7.8

7. Antonio Gates SD 13 88 64 778 7 119.8 9.2

8. Vernon Davis SF 16 95 67 792 6 114.7 7.2

9. Dustin Keller NYJ 16 115 65 815 5 111.5 7.0

10. Brent Celek PHI 16 97 62 811 5 111.1 6.9

11. Brandon Pettigrew DET 16 126 83 777 5 107.7 6.7

12. Fred Davis WAS 12 88 59 796 3 97.6 8.1

13. Jermaine Gresham CIN 14 92 56 596 6 95.6 6.8

14. Jared Cook TEN 16 81 49 759 3 93.9 5.9

15. Kellen Winslow TB 16 121 75 763 2 88.3 5.5

16. Owen Daniels HOU 15 84 54 677 3 85.7 5.7

17. Jake Ballard NYG 14 61 38 604 4 84.4 6.0

18. Greg Olsen CAR 16 89 45 540 5 84.0 5.3

19. Ed Dickson BAL 16 89 54 528 5 82.8 5.2

20. Heath Miller PIT 16 74 51 631 2 75.7 4.7

21. Anthony Fasano MIA 15 54 32 451 5 75.1 5.0

22. Scott Chandler BUF 14 46 38 389 6 74.9 5.4

23. Joel Dreessen HOU 16 39 28 353 6 71.3 4.5

24. Tony Scheffler DET 15 42 26 347 6 71.2 4.7

25. Jeremy Shockey CAR 15 62 37 455 4 69.5 4.6

26. Visanthe Shiancoe MIN 16 70 36 409 3 58.9 3.7

27. Dennis Pitta BAL 16 56 40 405 3 58.5 3.7

28. Evan Moore CLE 16 47 34 324 4 56.4 3.5

29. Kevin Boss OAK 14 40 28 368 3 54.8 3.9

30. Ben Watson CLE 13 71 37 410 2 53.0 4.1

31. Kellen Davis CHI 16 34 18 206 5 50.6 3.2

32. Dallas Clark IND 11 65 34 352 2 47.2 4.3

TE Draft Results: 2011

Kyle Rudolph

TE

Notre Dame

11(43)

Minnesota

Lance Kendricks

TE

Wisconsin

15(47)

St. Louis

Robert Housler

TE

Florida Atlantic

5(69)

Arizona

Jordan Cameron

TE

USC

5(102)

Cleveland

Luke Stocker

TE

Tennessee

7(104)

Tampa Bay

Julius Thomas

TE

Portland State

32(129)

Denver

D.J. Williams

TE

Arkansas

10(141)

Green Bay

Lee Smith

TE

Marshall

28(159)

New England

Richard Gordon

TE

Miami (FL)

16(181)

Oakland

Virgil Green

TE

Nevada

1(204)

Denver

Ryan Taylor

TE

North Carolina

15(218)

Green Bay

Daniel Hardy

TE

Idaho

35(238)

Tampa Bay

2012 TE Stats:

1. Jimmy Graham NO 15 135 85 982 9 152.2 10.1

2. Rob Gronkowski NE 11 79 55 790 11 145.0 13.2

3. Tony Gonzalez ATL 16 124 93 930 8 141.0 8.8

4. Heath Miller PIT 15 101 71 816 8 129.6 8.6

5. Jason Witten DAL 16 147 110 1,039 3 121.9 7.6

6. Greg Olsen CAR 16 104 69 843 5 114.3 7.1

7. Dennis Pitta BAL 16 94 61 669 7 108.9 6.8

8. Owen Daniels HOU 15 104 62 716 6 107.6 7.2

9. Brandon Myers OAK 16 105 79 806 4 104.6 6.5

10. Jermaine Gresham CIN 16 94 64 737 5 103.7 6.5

11. Kyle Rudolph MIN 16 93 53 493 9 103.3 6.5

12. Antonio Gates SD 15 80 49 538 7 95.8 6.4

13. Scott Chandler BUF 15 74 43 571 6 93.1 6.2

14. Martellus Bennett NYG 16 90 55 626 5 92.6 5.8

15. Vernon Davis SF 15 61 41 548 5 84.8 5.7

16. Aaron Hernandez NE 10 83 51 483 5 78.8 7.9

17. Jermichael Finley GB 16 86 61 667 2 78.7 4.9

18. Marcedes Lewis JAC 15 77 52 540 4 78.0 5.2

19. Jared Cook TEN 13 72 44 523 4 76.3 5.9

20. Lance Kendricks STL 16 64 42 519 4 75.9 4.7

21. Brandon Pettigrew DET 13 102 59 565 3 74.5 5.7

22. Brent Celek PHI 15 88 57 684 1 74.4 5.0

23. Dwayne Allen IND 15 66 45 521 3 70.6 4.7

24. Ben Watson CLE 16 82 49 501 3 68.1 4.3

25. Dallas Clark TB 16 75 47 435 4 67.5 4.2

26. Jacob Tamme DEN 15 85 52 555 2 67.5 4.5

27. Joel Dreessen DEN 16 58 41 356 5 65.6 4.1

28. Anthony Fasano MIA 16 69 41 332 5 63.2 4.0

29. Zach Miller SEA 16 53 38 396 3 57.6 3.6

30. Tony Scheffler DET 15 85 42 504 1 56.4 3.8

31. Jeff Cumberland NYJ 14 53 29 359 3 53.9 3.9

32. Delanie Walker SF 15 39 21 339 3 51.9 3.5

TE Draft Results: 2012:

Coby Fleener

TE

Stanford

2(34)

Indianapolis

Dwayne Allen

TE

Clemson

1(64)

Indianapolis

Michael Egnew

TE

Missouri

15(78)

Miami

Ladarius Green

TE

Louisiana-Lafayette

15(110)

San Diego

Evan Rodriguez

TE

TEMPLE

16(111)

Chicago

Orson Charles

TE

Georgia

21(116)

Cincinnati

Adrien Robinson

TE

CINCINNATI

32(127)

NY Giants

James Hanna

TE

Oklahoma

16(186)

Dallas

David Paulson

TE

Oregon

33(240)

Pittsburgh

Brad Smelley

TE

Alabama

40(247)

Cleveland

2013 TE Stats:

1. Jimmy Graham NO 16 142 86 1,215 16 217.5 13.6

2. Vernon Davis SF 15 84 52 850 13 163.0 10.9

3. Julius Thomas DEN 14 90 65 788 12 150.8 10.8

4. Jordan Cameron CLE 15 118 80 917 7 133.7 8.9

5. Jason Witten DAL 16 111 73 851 8 133.1 8.3

6. Tony Gonzalez ATL 16 120 82 847 8 132.7 8.3

7. Charles Clay MIA 16 102 69 759 6 119.4 7.5

8. Greg Olsen CAR 16 111 73 816 6 117.6 7.4

9. Antonio Gates SD 16 113 77 872 4 111.2 7.0

10. Martellus Bennett CHI 16 94 65 759 5 105.9 6.6

11. Jared Cook STL 16 85 51 671 5 97.1 6.1

12. Delanie Walker TEN 15 86 60 571 6 93.1 6.2

13. Brent Celek PHI 16 51 32 502 6 86.2 5.4

14. Coby Fleener IND 16 87 52 608 4 84.8 5.3

15. Garrett Graham HOU 12 89 49 545 5 84.5 7.0

16. Rob Gronkowski NE 7 66 39 592 4 83.2 11.9

17. Scott Chandler BUF 16 81 53 655 2 77.5 4.8

18. Brandon Myers NYG 15 76 47 522 4 76.2 5.1

19. Tim Wright TB 11 59 41 433 5 73.5 6.7

20. Zach Ertz PHI 15 57 36 469 4 70.9 4.7

21. Jermaine Gresham CIN 14 68 46 461 4 70.1 5.0

22. Jordan Reed WAS 9 59 45 499 3 69.7 7.7

23. Zach Miller SEA 13 56 33 387 5 68.7 5.3

24. Heath Miller PIT 14 78 58 593 1 65.3 4.7

25. Mychal Rivera OAK 16 60 38 407 4 64.7 4.0

26. Jeff Cumberland NYJ 12 40 26 398 4 63.8 5.3

27. Joseph Fauria DET 11 30 18 207 7 62.7 5.7

28. Marcedes Lewis JAC 10 47 25 359 4 59.9 6.0

29. Tyler Eifert CIN 15 60 39 445 2 56.5 3.8

30. Ladarius Green SD 12 29 17 376 3 55.6 4.6

31. Brandon Pettigrew DET 14 63 41 416 2 53.6 3.8

32. Dallas Clark BAL 11 52 31 343 3 52.3 4.8

TE Draft Results: 2013:

Tyler Eifert

TE

Notre Dame

21(21)

Cincinnati

Zach Ertz

TE

Stanford

3(35)

Philadelphia

Gavin Escobar

TE

San Diego State

15(47)

Dallas

Vance McDonald

TE

Rice

23(55)

San Francisco

Travis Kelce

TE

CINCINNATI

1(63)

Kansas City

Jordan Reed

TE

Florida

23(85)

Washington

Dion Sims

TE

Michigan State

9(106)

Miami

Levine Toilolo

TE

Stanford

36(133)

Atlanta

Luke Willson

TE

Rice

25(158)

Seattle

Nick Kasa

TE

Colorado

4(172)

Oakland

Mychal Rivera

TE

Tennessee

16(184)

Oakland

Ryan Griffin

TE

Connecticut

33(201)

Houston

Michael Williams

TE

Alabama

5(211)

Detroit

D.C. Jefferson

TE

RUTGERS

13(219)

Arizona

Chris Gragg

TE

Arkansas

16(222)

Buffalo

Justice Cunningham

TE

South Carolina

48(254)

Indianapolis

the table for TE Draft results obviously went askew...but you get the point, I hope

I was thinking we need an LB with our first pick (Mack or Mosley), but if you look at % of snaps played, Kiko was at 100%, Lawson played 61.7% and Moats and Bradham were both at 25%.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/6280/bills-positional-review-linebackers

If we get a guy that takes all of those last 2's snaps, they'd still only be on the field 50% of the time. I'm thinking WR or maybe Ebron if they think he's the 2nd coming of Vernon Davis. I guess it could be a RT too...just depends. I think OG in 2nd, 3rd or 4th depending on what the FO has it on level of importance. If Ebron is the 2nd coming of Vernon Davis, I think you take him. Or maybe a WR. I like that we have more depth this year...D line is fine, OLB's are fine, maybe a FA ILB or late round prospect, safeties are fine if they franchise or sign Byrd, CB's are ok...maybe a late rd cb or two.

O line needs help, a big WR would be nice, and upgrade at TE would be nice.

EJ is still an unknown and did not do enough to warrant unyielding devotion to him as our starting QB next year.This draft is deep at QB. I can't help but place EJ in the range of Boyd or Murray at best and maybe even lower. If we were to draft one of those 2 in the second round it would bring at minimum legit competition. QB IS the most important position is all of team sports and in my eyes we still don't know if we have one. QB's are cheap now in the draft. I'd rather have multiple QB to choose from than to put all my eggs in the EJ basket only to find out when it's too late that he is not the answer. I do not want to draft one in the 1st, but I'd draft one high.