Eagles Bringing In Competition for Foles

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/eagles-plan-foles-competition-2014-184002344--nfl.html

Apparently they're planning on taking another QB in this year's draft. Preferably one with mobility.

"One of the things we do here is we compete and we have a bunch of guys that compete. Obviously, you've got to have one guy. Right now, Nick is that one guy. But I don't think Nick has ever been afraid of competition. We're always going to try to continue to upgrade at every position, and I think all of our players know that, and I think the guys that are true competitors really embrace that." - Chimp Kelly

Should Buffalo take this approach?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be cool to have a coach that thinks 27TD to 2INT isn't good enough

I don't think so. I'd rather my coach leave a guy that performs like that alone and make him feel secure to concentrate solely on getting better. Maybe Foles will turn the roles on Kelly when free agency comes a calling.

I think the more important thing to take away from this is...Michael Vick wanted to come to Buffalo, once upon a time.

Buffalo needs a mentor, and competition for their young QB...Vick is a free agent. Not saying it is ideal, or even a good situation...just throwing it out there for discussion...would Doug-squared contemplate such a move?

Edited by DJshnooks

I think the more important thing to take away from this is...Michael Vick wanted to come to Buffalo, once upon a time.

Buffalo needs a mentor, and competition for their young QB...Vick is a free agent.

Not saying it is ideal, or even a good situation...just throwing it out there for discussion...would Doug-squared contemplate such a move?

Mike Vick as a mentor????

Buffalo needs a mentor, and competition for their young QB...Vick is a free agent. Not saying it is ideal, or even a good situation...just throwing it out there for discussion...would Doug-squared contemplate such a move?

Vick cannot read defenses, Vick cannot throw the ball accurately, Vick has played 1 full season in his whole career, Vick wants to be a starter not a backup... He is not a good QB nor do I think he can actually teach anyone anything.

I don't think so. I'd rather my coach leave a guy that performs like that alone and make him feel secure to concentrate solely on getting better. Maybe Foles will turn the roles on Kelly when free agency comes a calling.

Kelly said Foles will be the starting QB for the next 1,000 years. That should make him feel secure enough.

It's funny to me that Mike Vick was brought up in this thread. It's not funny because I think it's a bad idea. Actually I think bringing him in is an intriguing idea.

The reason I think it's funny is because the linked article barely touches on the whole subtext to Kelly's comments: that Vick is a free agent and is very unlikely to return to the Eagles.

Of course they're going to bring in "competition."

Edited by Buffalo Bob