Nickell Robey 2013 Highlight reel

infernus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was fun to watch. My favorite play was the tackle on McCluster in the Chiefs game. As I remember that was a 3rd & 1 play?

It was great watching Robey grow throughout the season. He definitely took his lumps(Bengals & Saints games) but as the season went on, he was just outstanding.

He's definitely ahead of Brooks, and I look forward to how Robey plays next year.

Question for all of you: Is Robey strictly a nickel & dime CB, or can he be a starting CB in this league?

Still struggled a bit with big outside targets. Think nickel might be his perfect fit

His recognition and speed out of breaks are ridiculous. He was all over Sproles in that Saints game. He's a screen breaker, the blockers can't even get their hands on him before he's by them making the tackle. Once he recognizes the play, he plants and boom he's there in a flash. Awesome stuff.

Still struggled a bit with big outside targets. Think nickel might be his perfect fit

I agree, he is mismatched badly on the these as we saw with Vincent Jackson and Roddie White (examples that come to mind) when the opposing OC can find where to create that mismatch.

Question for all of you: Is Robey strictly a nickel & dime CB, or can he be a starting CB in this league?

I think you want to strictly use him in the slot. This would give him the best opportunity for disguised blitzes (which he clearly excels at) and would best utilize his strengths. Besides, he played more than half the snaps this year, so he is clearly getting playing time. His lack of size does hurt him on obvious run downs, so you wouldn't want him on those downs anyway.

He's so dangerous in the center of the field. Many of the plays he makes, he leaves his guy, and attacks the actual play instead. Along with blitz timing, and screen recognition, I don't know if you even want him on the perimeter. He fits soooo well in the slot (and not just covering slot recivers)

I think you want to strictly use him in the slot. This would give him the best opportunity for disguised blitzes (which he clearly excels at) and would best utilize his strengths. Besides, he played more than half the snaps this year, so he is clearly getting playing time. His lack of size does hurt him on obvious run downs, so you wouldn't want him on those downs anyway.

Yes...

He's so dangerous in the center of the field. Many of the plays he makes, he leaves his guy, and attacks the actual play instead. Along with blitz timing, and screen recognition, I don't know if you even want him on the perimeter. He fits soooo well in the slot (and not just covering slot recivers)

and Yes!

He takes that position beyond simply "3rd string CB". It's more of "Inside CB" and a specific position which Pettine uses, and Robey fits it perfectly.

No i dont think this is correct. But we shall see . He might have some size mismatches coming at him, but thats all he might be missing in his toolshed and Experience of course. Pettine must be delighted with his starting secondary the last half of the season. And chomping at the bit for next year i realize that Mike uses Happy and Leo , each to his side mostly which is awesome to do . But

I would not be suprised to see Pettine mix it up once and again in a 3-4 WR set

Edited by 3rdand12