The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Exactly and government culture isn't exactly conducive to "customer satisfaction". All industries have a culture and the government services culture (at least what we see from the public point of view) is not one known for common sense, responsiveness and quality of service.

Actually, the government is very concerned about quality of service. I'm on a conference call right now where that issue's being discussed. They just can't define it. But they're very concerned about it. Whatever it is.

You know what's really funny and telling? Right after Obama came out and announced they hit 7.1M, there were a number of Obama knob-gobblers in the media who were running articles (Eugene Robinson, The Hill, etc) how the GOP really miscalculated the success of ACA and how the discussion is over and everyone needs to get behind the law because America is really on board with it.

And as it was happening, you knew...you just KNEW the WH was making stuff up, and that the usual knob-gobblers were right in his tailwind to trumpet his victory...and that any moment reports would come out explaining how the person who blatantly lied to pass the law was also lying about the enrollment numbers, too.

And then out comes the Rand report, Obama is still a liar and America still hates Obamacare and the only thing left are progressives trying to explain how trillions wasted was somehow okay because, y'know, SHUT UP BUSHCHENEYRUMMYCRUZTEABAGGERBACHMAN!!! :lol:

Or we can just look at the Pew Poll....which essentially says: "No, 2014 is ONLY about Obamacare(50% say candidate's Obamacare position is very important, 34% important, and of the 50%, 2-1 say Obamacare sucks. Thus, Rs are significantly more energized than Ds, and thus: all these political ploys and machinations(Koch Brothers :wacko:) the Ds have been running?

Giant, D-bag, waste of time/$.

It's far past time for Democrats to realize that they are playing with fire here. As their own columnists rightly predicted last year: the stakes are now being raised beyond Obamacare. People's views on Obamacare haven't changed on bit in a year. They hate it. This is set in stone, as the same poll found the same results a year ago.

Now? The stakes are whether Democrats are going to be trusted...on anything. They keep running this BS, they are going to destroy their positions on a host of issues. At some point, the reasonable Ds have to ask themselves: do they really want to set activist government back 80 years, never mind 20?

That's what they are gambling with now, and if they lose the trust of most people to implement big bills/programs?

The Democratic party won't be destroyed. (I won't enagage in leftist-like wishful thinking/hyperbole) It's worse: There will be no point in having a Democratic party.

Actually, the government is very concerned about quality of service. I'm on a conference call right now where that issue's being discussed. They just can't define it. But they're very concerned about it. Whatever it is.

Quality Care.

The government has literally no clue about this. None at all. They think they do, and they've spent billions on it. But, many people, including me, can prove that they have no idea WTF they are doing.

That's because they have no clue about Quality Assurance. They don't know quality, they don't know assurance, and therefore, they don't know how those 2 concepts need to interact, and what underlying systems are required, in order to produce the desired outcome.

Quality Care.

The government has literally no clue about this. None at all. They think they do, and they've spent billions on it. But, many people, including me, can prove that they have no idea WTF they are doing.

That's because they have no clue about Quality Assurance. They don't know quality, they don't know assurance, and therefore, they don't know how those 2 concepts need to interact, and what underlying systems are required, in order to produce the desired outcome.

That's because all of those things are borne from accountability to a bottom line in order to have a chance at survival, let alone success.

prior to HCR, if he didn't take Aetna, what choice did he have? Maybe he could buy individual coverage through BC/BS, but if he had a prexisiting, forget about it.

I don't get where some stand on decoupling insurance from employment. When Nancy P suggested people no longer had to stay at a job because they could buy individual coverage, Conservatives freaked out that these people would now just live on the dole. But now its agreed that not being stuck at a job for just health insurance is a good thing? Am I missing something?

I've always said my health insurance like life insurance. You get it on your own. The younger you get it the cheaper it is and the premiums never go up.

That's because all of those things are borne from accountability to a bottom line in order to have a chance at survival, let alone success.

No no no....they are "on to us" :rolleyes: See? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accountable_care_organization (You specifically may want to read this stuff, because it's exploitable, I think, by you. But, once again, I should be the biggest fan of Obamacare there is, because they are just handing us this stuff. Just handing it to us.)

They actually believe that by using the word accountability....that makes it so. Hence:

The ACO is accountable to the patients and the third-party payer for the quality, appropriateness and efficiency of the health care provided.

Question: what makes this a distinction....from WTF every health care organization is supposed to be/be doing? :lol: No, only ACO's are accountable to patients. Everbody else? F em! Oh...fee for service? Only "fee for service" means that we actually have to track our real costs properly?

Since when does a revenue model control our internal costing model...completely? Since when can an organization not operate with many revenuce models, and a single, independent cost structure? Doesn't an independent cost structure allow us to save $? Why/how does forcing revenue to be solely a function of itemized cost....mean we auto-save $? What's to stop me from inflating costs on a micro scale, such that my itemization is clean as a whistle, but you still owe me a bigger check each month? How the F would you ever, ever be able to track that, when all you want me to do is send you reports...in the format you've enforced, that can never, ever tell you anything about that?

:lol: See? They defy even basic management/operations/accounting/BPM concepts, because they are completely oblivious to them.

Their "they don't know what they don't know", obtuseness, required to come up with an idea like this, and call it innovative, :lol:, is what we are dealing with when we talk about CMS. Yes, the same people who brought you the design/requirements for Healthcare.gov.

What I don't get? Why does anyone think that if CMS are capable of F'ing up that project so badly, why the hell ANYTHING they do doesn't deserve immediate performance auditing, and oversight.

The funny part? My original white paper in 1999 on the stuff I do? "Accountable Care". :lol: I should have thrown a Copyright/TradeMark on that, but I didn't think it would be a very marketing friendly. Oh well.

They still have to come to us to have a semblence of a chance of meeting all the "dots" in the link.

Several media outlets are reporting that Health and Human Services secretary Kathleen Sebelius has resigned, and her potential replacement has already been selected. Per the New York Times:

WASHINGTON — Kathleen Sebelius, the health and human services secretary, is resigning, ending a stormy five-year tenure marred by the disastrous rollout of President Obama’s signature legislative achievement, the Affordable Care Act.

Mr. Obama accepted Ms. Sebelius’s resignation this week, and on Friday morning he will nominate Sylvia Mathews Burwell, the director of the Office of Management and Budget, to replace her, officials said.

Sebelius’s resignation is sure to weigh in on the upcoming midterm elections, where Obamacare is already a central issue. Republicans, including House majority leader Eric Cantor, are already using her departure as further evidence of the embattled health-care law’s failures

ECTwitterPic_normal.jpgEric Cantor @GOPLeader Follow

I thank Secretary Sebelius for her service. She had an impossible task: nobody can make Obamacare work.

6:59 PM - 10 Apr 2014

But not to worry people..................

Obama’s Next HHS Secretary Doesn’t Really Have Health-Care Experience

Meet Sylvia Burwell, the Woman who Ordered the Government Shutdown

Edited by B-Man

Several media outlets are reporting that Health and Human Services secretary Kathleen Sebelius has resigned, and her potential replacement has already been selected. Per the New York Times:

Officials said Ms. Sebelius, 65, made the decision to resign and was not forced out. But the frustration at the White House over her performance had become increasingly clear, as administration aides worried that the crippling problems at HealthCare.gov, the website set up to enroll Americans in insurance exchanges, would result in lasting damage to the president’s legacy.

Now they know how we feel about the doofus in the White House.

I'm really looking forward to Sebelius' memoirs, though.

Obamacare has cut Kentucky's uninsured population by more than 40 percent, signing up roughly 360,000 residents since enrollment opened up on Oct. 1, according to the Louisville Courier-Journal.

Some 75 percent of them -- 270,000 -- were previously uninsured. That means Kentucky's uninsured population of 640,000 has come down by 42 percent.

The enrollment figures, which state officials relayed to the Courier-Journal and the Lexington Herald-Leader, underscore the relative success of Kentucky's state-based Obamacare exchange compared to other states and, in some ways, the HealthCare.gov federal marketplace portal.

Like the federal government, Kentucky has decided to give people who began their applications until April 15 to sign up for insurance on the exchanges. State officials told the Herald-Leader that those who are eligible for Medicaid can sign up after the March 31 deadline.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obamacare-cuts-kentucky-uninsured-rate-by-40-percent

Just think how many more Americans could receive health care insurance if only the former Confederate States would just drop their pure and simple hate and accept federal funding.

Oh ya, of course. The expansion of Medicaid by Obama has insured millions!

Is Obamacare working?

It was never designed to work without massive subsidies (redistribution of wealth). Now answer my question. Also, you shouldn't post whole articles.

It was never designed to work without massive subsidies (redistribution of wealth). Now answer my question. Also, you shouldn't post whole articles.

Sorry about the article, yes, medicaid had millions of new sign ups (as designed)

So you are admitting its working?

Sorry about the article, yes, medicaid had millions of new sign ups (as designed)

So you are admitting its working?

You posted an article about Kentucky sign ups and I asked you if you knew how many of them were Medicaid sign ups. Don't confuse the issue.

Saw your name, said "Ah! A question, must be. That's all Chef does"

I asked first B-)

That's what you always say, so turn around is fair play

That would only work if the original question you posted was directed at me. It wasn't. So I won't play your game. This one is directed at you so I will ask it again.

Is Obamacare working? And please explain your answer.

And if you can't come up with reasons why it's working just say so. We'll understand.

That would only work if the original question you posted was directed at me. It wasn't. So I won't play your game. This one is directed at you so I will ask it again.

Is Obamacare working? And please explain your answer.

And if you can't come up with reasons why it's working just say so. We'll understand.

This is rich, you dodge a question and then bash me for not answering yet another one of yours? You are pathetic.

But I'm not a coward like you, so I'll answer. Number of people getting coverage is increasing, as is the the quality of coverage, the expansion of Medicaid is also working even though hateful Republicans are literally killing people by not accept a program that's already paid for.

This is rich, you dodge a question and then bash me for not answering yet another one of yours? You are pathetic.

But I'm not a coward like you, so I'll answer. Number of people getting coverage is increasing, as is the the quality of coverage, the expansion of Medicaid is also working even though hateful Republicans are literally killing people by not accept a program that's already paid for.

So do you have anything to back up your claim that the quality of coverage (WTF does that even mean?) is increasing? Anything to back up your claim that the expansion of Medicaid is working? It's amazing how quickly you've been able to judge and come to these conclusion.

I'll answer your question now. Waaaaaaaaay too early to tell. But you toe the company line so to you it's working. And you call me pathetic.

Edited by Chef Jim

In the end, in places that have commited to making it work, its delivering. In places that fight it tooth and nail, its failing to meet people needs and expectations. There just isn't that much chatter in Colorado about the program good or bad- our employement situation is good, so most people get coverage through work- we already had Cover Colorado, so people simple migrated from that program to the ConnectforHealthColo and founds plans.

Out hospital has taken a proactive stance ot making it work- there ahve been classes tha have sorted out reality versus fallacy about the law itself, and traing classes on the new exchange plans. It really isn't that big of news here.