• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the comments at the Buffalo News website:

John Smith

16 hours ago

•  

you people are total a** h*les who have nothing else to do but gossip. Did you ever think about what is going on throughout her family, im sure they are heart broken. Show a little empathy and stop gossiping like b*tches who have nothing else to do. What if this happened to youre family would you want people like you to do this? so cut it out.

•  

•  

•  
    disqus_yDjOR8BoLG John Smith
    an hour ago

•  

"John" you are a real wordsmith. We know you're a fan of Mrs. Sleap because she didn't scold you for eating crayons in class, but this is a big person problem involving your no-no area.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

Meh ... I'd rather sleap through it.

+1... and works 180 days a year, 35 hours a week... What a racket.

You do realize how tired and ignorant this comment is about teachers, don't you?

No actually, I believe its as relevant as ever... Sorry it offends your delicate sensibilities.

Well you must know some pretty crappy teachers if they work 180 days a year, 35 hours a week. Or live in a crappy school district.

I'm not offended, either, so don't bother with the false apology. I simply have a hard time ignoring blatantly stupid comments. Not that I'm calling your comment blatantly stupid.

Well you must know some pretty crappy teachers if they work 180 days a year, 35 hours a week. Or live in a crappy school district.

I'm not offended, either, so don't bother with the false apology. I simply have a hard time ignoring blatantly stupid comments. Not that I'm calling your comment blatantly stupid.

Dude, she's an art teacher.

I am a teacher. I am calling his comment blatantly ignorant. He's not stupid, just ignorant in that comment.

I am a teacher. I am calling his comment blatantly ignorant. He's not stupid, just ignorant in that comment.

Agreed. The statement was stupid and only an ignorant person would make it. Hypothetically, of course.

92 grand to teach jr. high art in WNY is a lot of coin! If that is what she makes, where did GBiD come up w/that number?

It is tough for private sector non educators to understand, but no amount of money is too much for any type of grade school teacher. It is a very difficult job that consumes our lives 24/7/365. Again, it is nearly impossible to describe, but use the philosophy of football players "being paid to play 60 minutes on Sunday" and apply it to a teacher who "work 8-3 and gets July and August off". Grossly underpaid, says this teacher in NC who makes significantly less than 92k/year.

It is tough for private sector non educators to understand, but no amount of money is too much for any type of grade school teacher. It is a very difficult job that consumes our lives 24/7/365. Again, it is nearly impossible to describe, but use the philosophy of football players "being paid to play 60 minutes on Sunday" and apply it to a teacher who "work 8-3 and gets July and August off". Grossly underpaid, says this teacher in NC who makes significantly less than 92k/year.

Who's job doesn't comsume them 24/7/365? I am not being a smart azz... But seriously? Do they sleep regularly? Are their circadian rhythm thrown off because they actually HAVE to work 24/7/365? Do they get shift work disorder just thinking about work? Maybe Christmas morning when they should be opening presents w/their children? How about in the middle of a long summer break?

Sorry... I don't understand because I actually work 24/7/365 on four week rotation of days one week, then afternoons, then midnights, then back to days. Again, not being a smart azz, but that dog don't hunt. Way overpaid (@ 92K) and it is bleeding parts of our society dry. And you know my viewpoints. I am not even private sector, I am a public sector wage grade worker that hasn't got any kind of raise (even COLA) in over 5 years. This year in the Fed will be the same, nada... Which I am fine w/given the times.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Who's job doesn't comsume them 24/7/365? I am not being a smart azz... But seriously? Do they sleep regularly? Are their circadian rhythm thrown off because they actually HAVE to work 24/7/365? Do they get shift work disorder just thinking about work? Maybe Christmas morning when they should be opening presents w/their children? How about in the middle of a long summer break?

Sorry... I don't understand because I actually work 24/7/365 on four week rotation of days one week, then afternoons, then midnights, then back to days. Again, not being a smart azz, but that dog don't hunt. Way overpaid (@ 92K) and it is bleeding parts of our society dry. And you know my viewpoints.

I think some teachers are overpaid, but that holds true with any profession.

I think $92K is a heck of a lot of money to be a teacher. However, they have to have Master's Degrees now. And a good teacher will be in the school 10 hours/day and many are there later doing clubs, activities, sports, etc. Not to mention, bringing work home.

Again ... all teachers are not equal. There are some who are likely there 15 minutes before class starts and gone 15 minutes after class ends.

The flaws are not with the teachers. The flaws are with unions and tenure.

I am certain you, Exiled, have a far more physically demanding job, as well as a job that is just more draining, in general (with the shift work and exposure to the elements). Perhaps you're underpaid. But that doesn't mean teachers - as a whole - are overpaid.

Just my 92,000,000 cents.

I don't know about that. This broad had enough spare time to abuse a 13 year old kid.

Teachers certainly find the time to dominate my facebook feed with their self-pity. Its a constant stream of woe about how educators get no credit and in a perfect world they would be paid more than athletes or movie stars. Top 10 reasons why teacher is the hardest job ever.

I do enjoy hearing about how I lack perspective from people who never left the warm waters of academia.

Perhaps you're underpaid. But that doesn't mean teachers - as a whole - are overpaid.

Just my 92,000,000 cents.

Fair enough...

Yet, I am paid fairly IMO even without raises/COLA's over the last 1/2 decade, but I also aid in seeing that billions of dollars is moved through the economy, creating wealth. Sure teachers can probably say the same, if not more, in educating the youth of our nation.... BUT, a middle school art teacher cranking in almost a 100 grand? Huh? I am all for promoting the arts, but the arts aren't paying the bills. The numbers aren't jiving anymore. In an industrial based society, we had the luxury of throwing the coin @ the arts, not so much now. Again, I understand the importance of educating our youth... Then ontop of it, this lady is allegedly screwing (physically) her youth... Oh, my... Houston, we have so many problems, I don't know where to begin!

To simply "pay for the degree" is silly. I am not speaking out of jealousy either, I have a 4 year degree in a field where nobody else does... My wife has two masters and heads a public library with a multi-million dollar budget and 50 people... Yet, makes substantially less. While other village big wigs do subtanially less in the community and make double because they are older. IMO, it is the previous generation that is taking the lion's share and we as a society need to renege on what was offered to that generation. Sorry to some of the teachers that get caught in the crossfire. Speaking of my wife and my generation (and maybe yours too) that are making so much less, while doing so much more... Something has to give. Again, it isn't bittnerness, or jealousy, it is a common sense numbers game. It is incredible when you look @ the numbers some are taking home... And then they are still effing up (like this lady). My generation is surely the one that will pay in so many ways!

Sorry for ranting... I will let it go before this gets out of hand... Again, sorry mods.