Top flight qb...luck

"There are plenty of franchises who have never had 1 QB as good as either of those guys."

Not bad.

How about the other 25 teams?

But that wouldn't support the argument that it is just that "the dumb Bills" don't realize how important a great QB is. It is SO obvious that they should "do whatever it takes" to just go get one!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Bills also didn't sniff the playoffs in his 2nd yr and when they did in yr 3 the defense carried them.

I mean we all know its a different game now and its not fair to compare stats but if Kelly is the over/under, love ya Jim but I'm taking the over on Luck's career.

I think ur completely overreacting to something that just happened vs something that most of us watched happen in late 80's

Go on YouTube and watch some highlights of Kelly in those early years throwing to guys like Chris Burkett, Riddick, Harmon, some guy named Flip Johnson who I don't even remember, etc. Besides Reed who was just emerging that team really didn't have any other receivers to speak of

Edited by Max997

When I get back to my desktop I will do so; I'm on my iPhone at the moment.

If anyone else can back me up that'd be great.

Here's a quick cut and paste. To the naked eye, you can easily see Luck was a gunslinger and EJ was conservative.

post-12191-0-91223900-1388947715_thumb.gif

Edited by The Wiz

wow thats pretty telling thanks

Pretty telling in what way? That the consensus best QB in at least the last decade (whom the Bills did not have a shot at) looks to be better than EJ Manuel so far? Who'd have thunk?

Besides aberrations Kaepernick and Wilson, what great QB prospect have the Bills passed on? I'll grant that Nick Foles looked good this year, to, but I saw Nobody claiming that Wilson, Kaepernick and Foles were can't miss prospects- if there were, they'd have been picked early in round 1 by any number of QB-needy teams.

Pretty telling in what way? That the consensus best QB in at least the last decade (whom the Bills did not have a shot at) looks to be better than EJ Manuel so far? Who'd have thunk?

Besides aberrations Kaepernick and Wilson, what great QB prospect have the Bills passed on? I'll grant that Nick Foles looked good this year, to, but I saw Nobody claiming that Wilson, Kaepernick and Foles were can't miss prospects- if there were, they'd have been picked early in round 1 by any number of QB-needy teams.

I was screamin kap when he was there for us. And i could go thru the whole list but we have passed up many good QBs and drafted the wrong ones. As for telling, look at the numbers luck put up his rookie season compared to ej's, granted he only played 9 games I think.

Off the top of my head, the biggest QB errors the Bills have made in the last decade are passing on Kaepernick and Wilson.

In 2006 they drafted Donte Whitner instead of Jay Cutler but I'm not sure Cutler is the kind of player Bills fans would have been satisfied with.

In 2011 I suppose they could have packaged multiple draft picks to move up for Cam Newton. We don't know if Carolina would have traded though.

Ditto in 2004 for Roethlisberger.

The opportunity to draft one of these guys is rare. When one of them is within reach, you have to recognize the opportunity and make it happen.

You need a bit of luck to get one in your sights and you need a bit of luck that the player will become the player you hope he'll become.

During this same time period plenty of first round QBs busted so there's that too.

Like I said in my first glance analysis, Luck was chucking the ball everywhere and EJ wasn't. Luck beat him out in the good stats but also blew EJ out of the water in bad stats. Also keep in mind that the Colts don't have a running back tandem anywhere near FJ and CJ.

Like I said in my first glance analysis, Luck was chucking the ball everywhere and EJ wasn't. Luck beat him out in the good stats but also blew EJ out of the water in bad stats. Also keep in mind that the Colts don't have a running back tandem anywhere near FJ and CJ.

True about the running backs; they do have targets like Reggie Wayne (a future HOFer IMO), Hilton, Fleener, and Allen. Buffalo might have one guy (Stevie) that stacks up against that corps.