Playoff games having trouble Selling Out

hard to believe the team with like a 50 year waiting list for season tix is having trouble selling out. And those people love the cold and the history of their stadium no matter what the weather.

Don't they have a Russ' Steak house there?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand GB having some trouble selling out this game, they had to go to game 17 to find out if they would even have a chance to get in and if Rogers would be back to play, but you would have figured once the fans knew they were in they would be sold out.

As for Cincy and Indy, they both have known they were in for a bit so theres no real excuse, unless they use the old Bills fan excuse of the fans are just tired of winning and attending playoff games like the Bills fans from the early 90s were.........

I can understand GB having some trouble selling out this game, they had to go to game 17 to find out if they would even have a chance to get in and if Rogers would be back to play, but you would have figured once the fans knew they were in they would be sold out.

unfortunately they also found out it was a breezy day with a high of 0 gameday, a low of -20, and a high the next day of -10 (ie by the end of the game it could legit be more than 10 below out there as its supposed to be COLD and getting colder).... theres cold, and theres legit health risks being out there 3 or so hours (plus commutes and whatnot). this one could be bordering on the latter as the forecast comes into focus.

Edited by NoSaint

unfortunately they also found out it was a breezy day with a high of 0 gameday, a low of -20, and a high the next day of -10 (ie by the end of the game it could legit be more than 10 below out there as its supposed to be COLD and getting colder)

I wonder at what point, if any, the NFL steps in due to player and/or fan safety.

Sure makes a case against northern teams without domed stadiums. Then again, where is the SB after this being played? ;)

I wonder at what point, if any, the NFL steps in due to player and/or fan safety.

Sure makes a case against northern teams without domed stadiums. Then again, where is the SB after this being played? ;)

I essentially was just putting that in my last post - i wonder what the cutoff is to call a game for temperature.

Man if a game can be called off due to extreme negative temps.. just take my balls and i will never watch football again!

When I was in college we once had temperatures where the high for the day was -20 ish. They declared a state of emergency and mandated no unnecessary travel. At some point it is not just dangerous, but just plain stupid not to postpone events, particularly outdoor ones.

There was no on-line purchasing then, people were lined up outside the office trying to purchase tickets at 4 open booths.....it was a cluster and in no way reflected a lack of interest in the game.

I do believe there were phones and credit cards in 1993, right? Or was the only way to secure a ticket for that game to physically drive to OBD?

Then ridlle me this..why do they put a late starting playoff game in New England? Depending on who they play, could be a huge pat advantage!

I do believe there were phones and credit cards in 1993, right? Or was the only way to secure a ticket for that game to physically drive to OBD?

I usually bought those games in person too..their were not too many ticketmaster re-sellers back then, and you got to see exactly where the seats were. I miss those days especially when it comes to concerts. To many people gobble those up and then sell them on ebay...makes me sick!

Of course they did not try and gut out any wins. Had they done so, they would have not gotten P. Manning Jr. Given the choice of sucking for one season or for 14+, which would you take? Suck for Luck my friend.

The thing that bothers me is that it's not like they did it intentionally-- e.g., start a bunch of undrafted developmental guys, etc. I could maybe tip my cap if they intentionally "sucked for Luck."

But they didn't; they just flat-out sucked.

It's kind of funny what a house of cards that team was. It was Peyton Manning, surrounded by a 2-win cast of garbage players and coaches. They didn't even have real coaches-- just a bunch of faux-guys, like Caldwell, that stood there and watched Peyton Manning call all the plays and basically run the entire organization.

The thing that bothers me is that it's not like they did it intentionally-- e.g., start a bunch of undrafted developmental guys, etc. I could maybe tip my cap if they intentionally "sucked for Luck."

But they didn't; they just flat-out sucked.

It's kind of funny what a house of cards that team was. It was Peyton Manning, surrounded by a 2-win cast of garbage players and coaches. They didn't even have real coaches-- just a bunch of faux-guys, like Caldwell, that stood there and watched Peyton Manning call all the plays and basically run the entire organization.

That pretty much sums it up.

That pretty much sums it up.

Not to beat to this death-- but look at the teams like the Patriots and Packers when their star QB's went down. The packers gutted out a couple of hard wins with Matt Flynn at QB, and the Patriots had an 11-win team with Matt Cassell. The Colts just folded up shop.

One other point-- Peyton Manning has such a profound impact on the team that it makes you wonder about everyone he's around. Are any of the skill players on the Broncos very good? Are the coaches any good? Manning basically makes people think that guys like Eric Decker and Knowshown Moreno are pro-bowl players.

Not to beat to this death-- but look at the teams like the Patriots and Packers when their star QB's went down. The packers gutted out a couple of hard wins with Matt Flynn at QB, and the Patriots had an 11-win team with Matt Cassell. The Colts just folded up shop.

One other point-- Peyton Manning has such a profound impact on the team that it makes you wonder about everyone he's around. Are any of the skill players on the Broncos very good? Are the coaches any good? Manning basically makes people think that guys like Eric Decker and Knowshown Moreno are pro-bowl players.

The Broncos OC Adam Gase (who?) is getting HC interviews. LMAO.

As for Cincy and Indy, they both have known they were in for a bit so theres no real excuse, unless they use the old Bills fan excuse of the fans are just tired of winning and attending playoff games like the Bills fans from the early 90s were.........

I would give my left nut to be "tired of winning."

You could buy tickets over the phone!

If the line wasn't busy.

And if you wanted them to select your seats for you.

People that needed multiples together or just wanted to get good seats knew they had to go to the stadium, wait in line and look the ticket person in the eye.

Even so, you need 4 tickets? Well I have 2 here, 1 here and 1 here. Each agent would literally have a stack of tickets with a rubber band around it that they were selling. That's how they kept track of not double selling. :lol:

The ticket office used to be a complete nightmare to deal with and that particular week was a cluster of epic proportions.