Bills Offseason Needs per WGR's Joe B.

http://www.wgr550.com/two-bills-drive/18082998

For those not inclined to click on the link, here's some of Joe B's "potential" offseason needs:

1) Wide Receiver/Tight End: 1st or 2nd round

2) Right Tackle: 3rd-5th round

3) Running Back: 3rd or 4th round

4) Guard: 4th-6th round or priority free agent

5) Linebacker: 5th-6th round, mid-tier free agent

6) Quarterback: Late round draft pick or priority undrafted free agent

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.wgr550.co...-drive/18082998

For those not inclined to click on the link, here's some of Joe B's "potential" offseason needs:

I agree with this - though there is complication - We still need a TE if we draft a WR. If we draft a TE we can likely find a FA plug in at WR that makes it less essential.

I agree with this - though there is complication - We still need a TE if we draft a WR. If we draft a TE we can likely find a FA plug in at WR that makes it less essential.

Yeah I don't disagree with too much although it's so hypothetical to not be much use.

Availability of players in certain rounds (players falling), values, etc make this exercise pretty difficult.

I also agree that the team needs to continue to add significant weaponry to the offense although if a stud O-lineman were available at greatly reduced value, that would have to be considered too.

In fact I would say that generally the Bills have reached a point in talent threshold that they could start placing more emphasis on Best Player Available and less emphasis on need.

In fact I would say that generally the Bills have reached a point in talent threshold that they could start placing more emphasis on Best Player Available and less emphasis on need.

Talent threshold passed? Didn't you see our record this year? I don't think our success will result from some minor tinkering.

Who's going to throw the ball to this WR/TE? Thad?

Maybe we could trade for your boy Nassib?

:lol:

Talent threshold passed? Didn't you see our record this year? I don't think our success will result from some minor tinkering.

I did see our record.

I also watched the games.

So I take it you think the Bills should emphasize need over best player available?

I asked this in another thread but got no response. Is there anyway Jimmy Graham hits the free agent market? Saints are $8mil over cap. Graham would solve both the TE and big WR problem.

I asked this in another thread but got no response. Is there anyway Jimmy Graham hits the free agent market? Saints are $8mil over cap. Graham would solve both the TE and big WR problem.

NoSaint who keeps close tabs on the Saints thinks the chances of New Orleans letting him get away are pretty miniscule.

Then there's the question of how desirable a landing spot Buffalo is to a player like Graham.

http://www.wgr550.co...-drive/18082998

everything right but QB

he forgot marrone's number one need - special teamers!! there are going to be some head scratchers in the middle rounds, you watch

if this team is serious about winning they need to address the OL in free agency aggresively. playmakers in the draft, trenches in FA.

NoSaint who keeps close tabs on the Saints thinks the chances of New Orleans letting him get away are pretty miniscule.

Then there's the question of how desirable a landing spot Buffalo is to a player like Graham.

The Saints would have to do some cutting and some renegotiating to even franchise Graham.

Bills have the money, stranger things have happened, like Mario Williams for example, but I hear you.

he forgot marrone's number one need - special teamers!! there are going to be some head scratchers in the middle rounds, you watch

if this team is serious about winning they need to address the OL in free agency aggresively. playmakers in the draft, trenches in FA.

Yeah that was disappointing.

The Bills had good special teams previous to this season, the new regime thinks they've upgraded the talent, and yet special teams gets worse?

And then Marrone says they need better "core special teamers?"

Yeah that was disappointing.

The Bills had good special teams previous to this season, the new regime thinks they've upgraded the talent, and yet special teams gets worse?

And then Marrone says they need better "core special teamers?"

thats smoke.

i hope :sick:

Very desirable if they offer him the most money.

Because of the strippers ?

Desirable ? hardly sir . we dont have any solidity at the quarter backing position whatsoever. sp for two reasons no . we cant afford him and we cant make use of him.

devils advocate here

It's rare that a TE or WR goes in the to 10 ... Not unheard of but makes you wonder if the Bills do a deal to get additional picks again. Hard to say as it depends who is there at the time of the pick.

BPA again . they used the "need" pick last year