Bills Offseason Needs per WGR's Joe B.

Don't the Saints also have another big deal free agent?

I'm not sure but they couldn't afford Reggie Bush so surely they must have a plan for Graham, I'm just saying it's not going to be that easy to execute. He'll want upfront money and probably $10-$11 average per season with over $20 guaranteed. They are going to have to back load the salary cap hit on the signing bonus because of the current salary cap situation. It's a dificult task because you would like to absorb the signing bonus/salary as much as possible during the players most productive years so that if he isn't later he's not hurting your team with both diminished skills and a large salary cap hit.

Edited by Triple Threat

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.wgr550.co...-drive/18082998

For those not inclined to click on the link, here's some of Joe B's "potential" offseason needs:

1) Wide Receiver/Tight End: 1st or 2nd round

2) Right Tackle: 3rd-5th round

3) Running Back: 3rd or 4th round

4) Guard: 4th-6th round or priority free agent

5) Linebacker: 5th-6th round, mid-tier free agent

6) Quarterback: Late round draft pick or priority undrafted free agent

OK, unlike the other respondees I got "mad issues" with this mostly wrt OL

IMO we need serious help at RT and LG.

Many teams with strong OLs are filled with either 1st and 2nd round picks, or later-round players who played themselves above the rest of the 4th-UDFA OLmen. It seems unlikely that we could wait to draft OL 'til the 4th-5th round and find someone immediate contributors. Even the 3rd may be questionable. Priority FA may be good, but it shouldn't be "or" it should be "and".IMHO.

WR/TE 1st or 2nd round - does this mean one of each in 1st or 2nd round? If not, there aren't any other options in the 1st or 2nd round.

QB - if we want someone with serious potential, it might make more sense to take them earlier than UDFA or 7th round. I'm not opposed to bringing a couple of UDFA QB into training camp or drafting

I personally think we need help at LB earlier than help at RB. Seems more possible to pick up a quality RB later on these days than to pick up a quality LB in the 5th or 6th round, just my opinion though.

Edited by Hopeful