New years 3rd mock

Happy new year everyone. Here we go.

Rd1 C.J. Mosley ILB ALA 6-2 235 KiKo needs help,stopping the run

RD2 Allen Robinson WR PSU Great hands, Leaping ability,very,very productive college career,last with a freshman QB. 6-3 215

RD 3 Carlo Hyde RB Ohio St.6-235 The big back we need,sorry Fredde is getting OLD.

I think we could steal a good guard and other needs in free agency. We have the money.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the draft, but the fact that you did not for for Mike Evans in Rd 1 would cause many on this board to deem you a heretic.

I agree we need a big back-but want about Andre Williams from Boston College or Jeremy Hill from LSU?

RD2 Allen Robinson WR PSU Great hands, Leaping ability,very,very productive college career,last with a freshman QB. 6-3 215

RD 3 Carlo Hyde RB Ohio St.6-235 The big back we need,sorry Fredde is getting OLD.

I think we could steal a good guard and other needs in free agency. We have the money.

I don't know that Robinson will be there in the 2nd round but if so I would be very happy with him and Mosely as our first 2 picks. Would cover two glaring needs on our roster.

Hate your draft.

1. No guards or tackles early; nothing to patch our biggest holes = another year of futility.

2. You want another 235 lb inside LB to stop the run? This needs more thought.

3. Carlos Hyde is reportedly lazy; needed a kick in the hinnie to get him started this year. This guy is no Fred Jackson.

jjmac; did you watch Evans throw a tantrum early last night, then disappear???

No OL in the first three rounds? I don't think that would be a good draft. I like the ILB and WR picks, but we need help at OL desperately. Gotta draft the best OL available at some point in the first three rounds.

I can't "argue" with any of those, but, dang it we need to improve the o-line too. Something is going to have to happen via FA.

3. Carlos Hyde is reportedly lazy; needed a kick in the hinnie to get him started this year. This guy is no Fred Jackson.

I live in Columbus and I've never heard this.

RB in 3 - tough to convince me there unless we deal CJ for some silly reason.

We are in need of a between the tackles get the tough yards keep the chains moving rb. Fred is near the end, and CJ will need a compliment to him. Taking a RB in the 3rd is very smart in my opinion.

I love your draft.

As I've said many times linebacking is a cerebral position. The best players are instinctive, intelligent players who understand the game. NaVorro Bowman is probably the best inside backer in the game right now and he's 6' and 240. Lavonte David is arguably the best OLB in the game and he's 6'1" 233. Keuchly is only 235 pounds.

All of these guys are excellent run defenders, blowing up plays before they materialize.

People here often fall into the trap of thinking bigger linebackers are better as run defenders but the biggest linebackers are still dwarfs compared to O-linemen.

To win matchups, a LB needs athleticism and instincts. Rey Maualuga, Rolando McClain, Kelvin Sheppard are just recent examples of well-regarded, plus-sized LBs who were bad run defenders who football fans everywhere thought would be good run thumpers.

CJ Mosley is a true linebacker, a guy with great athleticism, toughness and intelligence who understands how to play the position.

Mosley's selection would make the Bills defense scary good.

I love your draft.

As I've said many times linebacking is a cerebral position. The best players are instinctive, intelligent players who understand the game. NaVorro Bowman is probably the best inside backer in the game right now and he's 6' and 240. Lavonte David is arguably the best OLB in the game and he's 6'1" 233. Keuchly is only 235 pounds.

All of these guys are excellent run defenders, blowing up plays before they materialize.

People here often fall into the trap of thinking bigger linebackers are better as run defenders but the biggest linebackers are still dwarfs compared to O-linemen.

To win matchups, a LB needs athleticism and instincts. Rey Maualuga, Rolando McClain, Kelvin Sheppard are just recent examples of well-regarded, plus-sized LBs who were bad run defenders who football fans everywhere thought would be good run thumpers.

CJ Mosley is a true linebacker, a guy with great athleticism, toughness and intelligence who understands how to play the position.

Mosley's selection would make the Bills defense scary good.

Good points. I think picking a good LB is harder than most people seem to think. Size and speed seem to be the most coveted qualities, but I agree that instincts, intelligence, and playmaking ability are probably more important. I think Kiko is a good example of this.

I like your mock, but I feel like the most pressing need on this team is skill position difference makers.

#1 find a team to trade bk with into 20´s draft Kelvin Benjamin - This dude is an absolute beast he has it all physically. Speed, Size 6´4 232, and he plays every bit of physical from jump balls to blocking. He needs a little polishing in his routes but that is teachable. He kind of reminds me of Larry Fitzgerald.

#2 - Use our 2nd rounder and a 3rd to trade back into late first and take Austin Seferain Jenkins. ASJ is a all around TE prospect that NFL teams salivate for he has all the tools . He's cut from that Gonzalez, Gates tree of Te's with Basketball background.

#3 - With the extra 2nd rounder we acquire from the first round trade I would select best guard available. There's 3 starting caliber guys Jackson, Yankey or Richardson whoever is left would be a big upgrade at LG.

So that would be my plan, and if we even get 2 of these pks im doing cartwheels.

I'd rather have Khalil Mack, but Mosely would be a good pick as well.

Allen Robinson is a good WR and has potential, but I do not see him being an instant impact player. Which is why I'd rather sign a veteran WR in free agency. We drafted 2 WR's last year and I don't want to use more draft picks on that position when we have other needs. We need a WR who can help the Bills immediately, not another rookie who will need time to develop.

As for Carlos Hyde, I doubt he lasts all the way to the 3rd round. Even if he does, I do not see RB as that big of a need. I see the 3rd round as an opportunity of getting another QB.

Hate your draft.

1. No guards or tackles early; nothing to patch our biggest holes = another year of futility.

2. You want another 235 lb inside LB to stop the run? This needs more thought.

jjmac; did you watch Evans throw a tantrum early last night, then disappear???

I did. It's only reinforces why I'm not a fan of his and don't want him on our roster.

Allen Robinson is a good WR and has potential, but I do not see him being an instant impact player. Which is why I'd rather sign a veteran WR in free agency. We drafted 2 WR's last year and I don't want to use more draft picks on that position when we have other needs. We need a WR who can help the Bills immediately, not another rookie who will need time to develop.

As for Carlos Hyde, I doubt he lasts all the way to the 3rd round. Even if he does, I do not see RB as that big of a need. I see the 3rd round as an opportunity of getting another QB.

Mark Vader, I think a RB in the 3rd is a good idea. Develop a young RB during Fred's contract year in case we part ways with him afterward.

I agree with your first two points, but I don't get taking a QB in the 3rd round. I understand that any player, no matter what position they are drafted, CAN end up being a star, but on paper (and during the draft that's all you really have) a 3rd rd QB should be no better than what we already have.

The only reason I can see for doing this is the idea that you just keep picking QBs that you like in rounds 3 - 4 every year until you strike gold. That just seems wasteful to me when there are positions out there that have a much better chance of finding solid starting talent in mid rounds (RB, TE, DB all come to mind).

Good stuff, but I don't really care for a RB in the third. Can draft one when we actually need one.

We do need one. Our third-stringer has not shown much and both Spiller and Jackson are entering contract years.