Danny Crossman/ST units

JM57

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

his is probably the closet to 100% the board has ever been.

I was thinking the same thing as I read through this thread. Will anyone, even one person, stand up and defend this guy?

I was as mad as everyone else about the big returns the Bills gave up. I attributed some of that to the weather and how the wetness made it harder to tackle.

But the thing is that the Patriots kept trying to return the kicks and they did so successfully.

The Bills were taking knees in at the goal line. I was like WTF man? Why not see if the wetness will work to our advantage too. After all the first return that went to the 29 or so wasn't too shabby. Why the hell not try to run a kick back. Geezuzz... don't you players want to win?

Inexcusable...this special teams coach sucks in a huge way. huge huge suckage.

I have been a supporter of Marrone since the Bills went a'courtin' last off season but that could change depending on what he does in the next few days about his staff, Special Teams in particular.

By any standards, the Bills ST is dreadful. How Marrone handles the Crossman situation will let us know just how honest a head coach he is. If he shucks and jives about it, if he pretends "it's something we have to work on and we will," if he does ANYTHING other than fire Crossman, then he, Marrone is just another bulls****** collecting his paycheck, knowing he can pickup a decent job elsewhere as an assistant or college HC, while putting a few million in his "retirement fund" courtesy of the Bills.

I was thinking the same thing as I read through this thread. Will anyone, even one person, stand up and defend this guy?

I was as mad as everyone else about the big returns the Bills gave up. I attributed some of that to the weather and how the wetness made it harder to tackle.

But the thing is that the Patriots kept trying to return the kicks and they did so successfully.

The Bills were taking knees in at the goal line. I was like WTF man? Why not see if the wetness will work to our advantage too. After all the first return that went to the 29 or so wasn't too shabby. Why the hell not try to run a kick back. Geezuzz... don't you players want to win?

Inexcusable...this special teams coach sucks in a huge way. huge huge suckage.

Please refrain from using the word "wetness" twice in one post.

Ur getting rob's house too exited over there.

Special teams (except for fg unit) has been embarrassing as hell all season. Leodis has vanished completely, punt coverage is as week as i've ever seen it and so is the kickoff team. All in all, there's not really a valid reason as far as results go to keeping this guy around.

As much as I think the special teams suck, I hope that Marrone has someone better in mind before he axes the existing coach. After all, you might think the grass is greener on the other side of the road. But what if you get there and find a desert? It is hard to imagine that special teams could be any worse, but it is possible. No?

Good chance Minnesota Vikings Frazier is fired. If he is we should hire Vikings' ST coach Mike Priefer. They ranked well. Heck, the Browns ST coach did a respectable job too. He may be available soon. Anything but the Sh&T show we had this year...

As much as I think the special teams suck, I hope that Marrone has someone better in mind before he axes the existing coach. After all, you might think the grass is greener on the other side of the road. But what if you get there and find a desert? It is hard to imagine that special teams could be any worse, but it is possible. No?

And that is how Dave wannstedt ends up coaching your special teams, Tampa.

PTR you can keep blaming the players all you want but it comes down to coaching. Belichick teams never lose the way we did today. I'm sorry they don't.

Okay fine. It's always the coaches fault. Players never have to do anything. FYI, not defending Crossman. Just saying how about holding players accountable too.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If you thought the Bills were bad at special teams...you just might be right...

Check these stats out.... Yikes!

http://espn.go.com/n...dsPerKickReturn

worst in the league

Our longest kickoff return was 28 yards? 28 YARDS? I don't... I mean how can... seriously? 28 yards? I agree with all ya'll, the key word is accountability.