Recent history suggests this is going to be a WILD day

Chandler#81

Yes, <chagrinned> we are -once again- saying good bye to our Bills for the season as the finale draws nigh. But today is still Must Watch TV for all the playoff positions and seatings still remaining. In recent years, many of these classic games have gone right to the wire with last second TDs, TOs or OT to complete the Playoff Picture. Even casual fans are locked in to the dramatic final moments.

I'm expecting and looking forward to more of the same today! Gitcher popcorn ready!

Go Cardinals and Bucs. My son needs a miracle for the Bucs to beat Bree's in NO. Arizona gets in and they will be dangerous beating the two toughest teams in the NFL, in the Hawks and 9ers.

My boys and I are definitely going to a sports bar to watch all,of them at once.

My problem is I'll probably get whiplash from going from on TV to another.

Now let's smack the Patsies in the mouth today. I'd love forcing them into a wildcard game.

It's compelling how Seattle & Denver's marvelous seasons haven't already earned Home field throughout the playoffs. Pats* could go anywhere from HFA to a WC. Philly has come from the ashes to possibly win the Div, but may go home. Dallas has been crippled by the loss of Romo and NO Jekyll & Hyde show may be too much to overtake Cam.

Great storylines everywhere!

While it's meaningless to us, it would be fantastic to beat the Pats* today!

They can, however, be forced to play a WC team in the first round and lose their bye. That was the point the original poster was trying to make.

that is much clearer.

Not a WC team but play a WC game. my bad.

had the Cravens not dropped a load last week and the big IF today they could have missed the playoffs all together with the Miami wins

tough call today..... Miami in the WC or the NYETS wining their last...

I really hate playing a meaningless game the last weekend. So much excitement in the nfl across the US and Buffalo is on the outside looking in.

When are things ever going to actually turn in our favor for a season? I will be depressed once today's game ends

I really hate playing a meaningless game the last weekend. So much excitement in the nfl across the US and Buffalo is on the outside looking in.

When are things ever going to actually turn in our favor for a season? I will be depressed once today's game ends

Alas, Woe is us.

You could always choose not to be depressed...

Kind of strange in that neither conference has the #1 seed locked up going into the final week, but on the other end usually there are more teams left in play for wild cards. In many other years a game like Philly vs Dallas might be for the division, but the loser still would have a shot at the wild card unless say a Detroit, Az,and Tampa all win, then base on tie breakers they are out. In this case two NFC games are win or go home, and other four NFC playoff teams are set, just jockeying for position. Kind of the same in AFC, three division winners are set, have one division where winners today determine division vs wild card and one wild card spot still up for grabs.

So part of me would argue there's less intrigue this year as less teams still in play for a playoff spot, but the other side of it is within the teams left, nothing with the exception I believe Indy is the #4 seed regardless of what happens, all other positions and some teams are up for grabs. So would agree it is a rather strange last day different than most seasons.

Kind of strange in that neither conference has the #1 seed locked up going into the final week, but on the other end usually there are more teams left in play for wild cards. In many other years a game like Philly vs Dallas might be for the division, but the loser still would have a shot at the wild card unless say a Detroit, Az,and Tampa all win, then base on tie breakers they are out. In this case two NFC games are win or go home, and other four NFC playoff teams are set, just jockeying for position. Kind of the same in AFC, three division winners are set, have one division where winners today determine division vs wild card and one wild card spot still up for grabs.

So part of me would argue there's less intrigue this year as less teams still in play for a playoff spot, but the other side of it is within the teams left, nothing with the exception I believe Indy is the #4 seed regardless of what happens, all other positions and some teams are up for grabs. So would agree it is a rather strange last day different than most seasons.

Indianapolis can move up to #2 with a win and then losses by both the Patriots and Bengals. They could also be the three seed with a win, a Bengals win, and a Patriots loss or a win, a Patriots win, and a Bengals loss.

There's literally nothing written in stone at this point.

It's really annoying how the majority of intriguing games are all at 4. I understand the NFL wanted certain teams playing at same time but this makes the early games less interesting and too many late games to follow at once

They are all set except NO or AZ. Go Cardinals!

The morning games are pretty boring though I must say. I'm watching Bengals v. Ravens (Go Bengals).

In eastern washington, guess what game I get to see in the afternoon? Not the Bears/Packers divisional decider, but the Seahawks on Fox. On CBS, not the Chargers fighting for wild card, but the #*@ Broncos/Raiders. What the %?